Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learn to scream!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Awesome, just awesome. :eek:

Apart from the "good luck faggots" ending.

Useful tips there though, I don't really want to do death metal vocals but I do like having the option there if a song needed it.

Here's another worthy scream (go to about 2 minutes into the song)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Man, my broadband sucks - it took 3 minutes to download.

I really did not know there was so much to screaming. Its cool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Indeed, you should hear it live. Amazing stuff.

Without straying off topic, this is what I love about metal and more experimental music. Vocalists are not sticking in defined roles and styles and are willing to play around with their voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

ok i sat through it but i still don't wanna scream!

at least i know that some intent and thought goes into that kind of thing and it's not just idiotic screaming!

thanks for the education Karl!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I've always wanted to know how they do that with out ruining their vocal chords. I never knew there was a teqnique to it. I thought they just didn't care if they strained their voices or not. I don't think I'd ever plan on screaming though.

Yeah, there's a lot more to it, and there's definetly a technique needed, you really cannot just scream and shout, because you'll just **** yourself up unbelievably. I've tried it in the past without really knowing what I'm supposed to be doing, and christ it hurt like ****.

For those interested... Here is another extreme vocal technique mp3 aswell, which I think adds nicely to what was covered in the first one.

And, if you want to know how much technique there really is in the whole metal vocals thing, there's even a DVD that's just for this kind of technique called The Zen Of Screaming. Must get that myself at some stage. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hoff

Hi. I'm sorry for "upping" an old thread but I need some help here. I'm trying to learn how to scream and stumbled upon this thread while doing so. But the link in the first post isn't working so I'd like to know if anyone would happen to have the file or know of anywhere else that I can get it from.
    Thanks...

-H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

yeah i too would be gratefull if some has a working link to the first link posted in this thread.

Eh, sorry lads. Might try to host it elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Ok, give this a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

That's good stuff! Just a little tip for anyone trying to save the MP3 from the putfile link locally: Right click on the media player, go to properties and then copy the location text. Then paste the location text into the address bar of your browser and you should then get the familiar "Save As..." window. Specify a location and you should be all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Cheers man thats really good,I still cant scream though. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bryant

Where can I find more of this guys lessons, and whats his name?

I want to learn to scream, and if he can do it without screwing up my vocal coords, then I want to make babies with him.

Also, does anyone else know where I can get information on anything to do with screaming? I google it, but it doesn't give me very many results on what I'm actually looking for.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Ack I still can't do it! Anyone have links to any more tutorials like these?

No idea who done the tutorial, or if where to get any more from him... However, there is another tutorial along the same lines here by a fellow named Tony Bullard. It's amazing how he's so soft-spoken, then breaks out into such fierce vocals.

Enjoy! ;)

Aswell as that, if you're really serious about learning the style, then look here.

Advertisement