Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread - where to buy in Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 babs007

Saw some programme last week - well small bits of it. Soul backery near Lucan. Anyone hear of it? Cant find any trace of it. Looks like great bread. It might be for wholesale only...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You can get it at these markets. Personally I am not overly fond of it but then they are not my favourite styles (e.g. it's generally sort of soft and non-crusty.) It's not cheap either.

For people outside Dublin, SuperValu have a range of Polish breads.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Is it that stuff that Tesco sells which is made by Cuisine de France?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Seriously, La Brea is not too bad, rather than thinking of the process of production and how log the bread gets frozen, you should taste it.
    Anyway, the best thing is to make a sourdough and buy a bread machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Seriously, La Brea is not too bad, rather than thinking of the process of production and how log the bread gets frozen, you should taste it.
    Oh, I have, I can assure you... ;-) And for the prices they are looking for it would want to be a hell of a lot better than "not too bad."

• Registered Users Posts: 16 caitt

Hello

Does anyone know if a 'low salt bread' exists?

C:)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

For Northsiders...

If you're in a rush there's a restaurant in the IFSC called Il Fornaio (spelling?) just opposite the Luas stop on the corner of the square. They do decent bread to takeaway, sufficient if you can't get to the southside were all the good bread places seem to be!

Not bad place for a snack either!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement