Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont buy Fujitsu Siemens laptop

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

hey thot i mite chime in aswell,
    have an amilo d 1850 i think, 3.2 ghz...after previously having the 3 ghz version which caused me too much hassle with over heating and battery probs, same prob witht his one, never used the battery always left it on power supply when in use and now the battery wont work when i put it on to charge..madness! but in general i think they are ok except for problems with power supplies (no laptop is meant to be faster than a desktop!)

oh and this one gets very hot sometimes but i got a cooler consisting of four fans to place under d laptop from peats n works like a charm now..so anyone experiencing overheating, i would recomend one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well I did it. I got myself a Sony Vaio FS315E. Still getting used to it and configuring etc., but as you can see, I am using it, even though I still have my desktop! I hope it does not get jealous.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

I phoned up Fujitsu Siemens again today and guess what ? The laptop needed a new DVD drive so its on order. What a joke. 6 weeks (on top of the 4 weeks previous to this with the same problems) in repairs now and every other day I phone in they tell me just another few days.

Thats every part replaced now bar the graphics card. What kind of computer is that ?

What a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 slocanny

i got a cooler consisting of four fans to place under d laptop from peats n works like a charm now..so anyone experiencing overheating, i would recomend one

- Kwalsh, how much are you lookin at for these fans/ do you have a link?

Have FJ laptop, no major problems aside from occasional blistering heat, and also the built-in memory-card reader won't work any more... still in warranty thankfully.

Dean. A 06 Jan 2006 03:59 pm

Sales:
    Overall:
    Hi there all

Just recently purchased a Amilio M3438G Lappy, i was originally going to purchase itfrom CETUK but ended up buying it from Micro Anvika instead (straight off Tottenham Court road as well as cheaper too) and i must say WOW what a lappy, now i hear the above were dissapointed with theres but i am happy with mine. no problems at all fast and quick and the wireless has a huge scan area

in terms of heat output i only noticed the laptop heat after stress testing it through 3D Mark 2003 and 2005 and i must say it did pretty well :) and its damn quiet even when the fan accelerates.

Only downfall was that crappy Norton Antivirus software which it came withmade the laptop take 2mins and 55secs to boot. I quickly replaced this with a proper copy of trend PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 so now it takes less than a minute to boot.

Those experiencing problems with speed and stuff get rid of that nasty norton and replace it with something like Trend or AVG

Paul 09 Dec 2005 12:40 pm

Sales:
    Support:
    Overall:
    November of last year we bought an Amilo D 1845 A V2 3200Ghz P4 with an extra 256 meg of ram as a Christmas present for my 13 year old daughter to use for her school work and hopefully for university. The machine has allways been very slow and hangs frequently and wont wake from Hibernation or standby the help desk @ Fujitsu couldnt get the infra red port to work with her phone (I managed to do it with the help of my HP laptop for the settings) and it has allways run very hot both on the top and the underside even though she only uses it on a table, in the end it was burning her left hand although she only made a passing comment to me, and I didnt take too much notice. three weeks ago it stopped working properly so i took a look at it, the hard drive seemed corrupt and wouldnt boot so I took it out to recover her files before formatting the drive, I put it in a usb caddy but still wouldnt read. I put it back in the laptop and ran XP setup to re format the drive, it wouldnt format.
    I then rang Fujitsu Siemens who told me the hard drive had gone and that I was lucky because my warranty ran out the next day. I argued that i still had 2 years warranty to go as I had puchased from them the warranty upgrade for £116.00. They told me i hadnt bought the computer from them and that i had been redirected to CET`s website without knowing and had bought it all from them. Fujitsu arranged for the laptop to be collected the next day which it was, under the remining warranty.
    I phoned CET (UK) only to be told that i should have activated my extra warranty as per the instruction pack that i hadnt recieved and that as it was a year on it was too late to activate it anyway and i had lost it, even though they kept my money I get nothing. So be very aware of CET`s jubious practice with regards to warranty.
    Fujitsu repair centre repaired my laptop and returned it two weeks later, not bad i suppose and great value for no money, they had fitted 2 seagate hard drives, 3 mother boards, 1 power board, 1 double layer dvd drive, 2 x 256 memory modules and a new bottom case taking with it my licence sticker. what chance do i stand for the next two years without any warranty when it needs all of this after one yearof very light use.
    I spent a lot of time researching laptops before selecting this one, i was sold on what seemed like a quallity machine at a reasonable price, and the deciding factor a warranty that seem to cover the things i was concerned about for a reasonable price, i thought if they can offer a warranty such as this for such a good price then it must be reliable and they dont expect to pay out. How wrong can you be what a pile of crap the machine is and how right can i be about the warranty, they knew they wouldnt have to pay out as i cant proove that they never sent the pack if they ever did. their attitude leads me to believe the never did.

Buyers beware seriously of Fujitsu Siemens and CET (UK) ltd or you too could get seriously short changed. I have £1,100.00 worth of CRAP.

If anyone wants to contact me regarding this you can by e_mail
    paulchbln@aol.com
    Jonny 04 Oct 2005 11:24 pm

Sales:
    Support:
    Overall:
    I've got the amilo d 1845 series from cet uk when i first got the laptop it was so slow even with a 3.2 ghz processor and 512 mb ram, it would turn off while on charge and freeze all the time i hate this computer and i am very unhappy with their service, i called them and explained them the problem they picked it from me and returned it back to me after a week. apparently, they couldn't seem to find what was wrong with this stupid laptop. i've had it for three month now and all of a sudden the wireless lan stopped working, and i can't connect to a wireless network, it makes me so angry this stupid computer, i will never buy anything again in my life from fujitsu siemens ever again, i hate them, not only their products are crap, but their service too, cuz they wont return my money and im not happy with their laptop. guess what the battery doesn't even last half an hour for just leaving the computer on, let alone use it. i hate it i hate it i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** fujitsu siemens they shouldn't even exist!!!!!!!!
    Chris 01 Oct 2005 04:00 am

Sales:
    Support:
    Overall:
    Like most of you, I chose my Laptop not only based on the specs but mainly on the Brand, thinking the service and quality would be higher.

I chose Fujitsu-Siemens, so I looked on their website for a good laptop and came across the AMILO A1630D.
    The specs were amazing and the price was very affordable so I clicked to buy it and they forwarded me to their official reseller: CETUK (www.shopfujitsusiemens.co.uk).

I bought the laptop and on the day I got it the screen started freezing and showing yellow pixels across it, and that was when I got "phone kicked" from one place to another.
    Fujitsu-Siemens would not issue me with another laptop because they say that "we do not handle faults that are not hardware ones" !?!
    CETUK also didn't want to issue me with one so they kept stalling thinking the problem would go away...it didn't.

After a week of expensive phone calls, they finally decided to pick up my laptop to try and re-create the fault.
    Another week went by and then they told me "we found no fault with the machine, we are sending it back".
    I thought, ok then maybe it was a one-off thing. On the day I got it back I was extremely angry.

After using the laptop for a couple of hours, I noticed that the sound was irregular and that the screen was still doing what it was in the beginning...freaking out. Ten minutes later the laptop switched off by itself (even though it was connected to the wall socket) and would not re-start.
    It just would not switch on!

The next day I called everyone again and after feeling a bit dazed from all the phone ringing, I was told that Fujitsu-Siemens would authorize CETUK to give me a replacement.
    Ooh, CETUK changed their story now: "yes sir, certainly...we will pick it up tomorrow...guaranteed!"

So I took a day off work and waited...next day, still waited...I then called CETUK and they said: "What sir, didn't they contact you? They must be around the corner..."
    10 days went by until they finally picked it up!!

Then CETUK told me that I should get a replacement in a couple of days when in actual fact they were just LYING.
    After I hounded them down with more phone calls they told me: "we no longer have that model sir...someone will contact you regarding other options"

2 days went by until I phoned and this was my "other options":
    "We will offer you the AMILO A1667G model which is similar but has half the RAM. Due to this fact, we can either refund you 30 pounds or you can upgrade your RAM for a cost of 90 Pounds"

I told them I was disgusted with their service and that I was not happy with any product they had to offer unless it was the AMILO A1630D.
    They said that they couldn't find one so I could have a refund.

I am completely APPAULED at their service and consideration! The refund does not pay for the phone calls I made in an excess of 100 Pounds and the days I took off work and all the hassle I had.

I will never buy anything from either CETUK or FUJITSU-SIEMENS again in my life, and I am only writing this so that others do not fall into they same "hell" that I did.

If you think I am being dishonest or want more information then you can e-mail me at:
    cloutsaris@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭aido_2006

I've had a fujitsu siemens amilo nearly 2 years now and i havent had to replace anything and is still running fine and it stays on quite a bit.. I would recommend these laptops to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

hey slocanny
    it acually cost me just 25 euro, there was another make from alska for 35 euro. sorry i dont have a web link but il give you the details of it.
    its called the Titan notebook fan, can be found at titan-cd.com

http://www.titan-cd.com/eng/fanpad/g1t.htm

not sure if they stil have any left in peats but you could try maplins or the peats in blanch aswell. the left sid eof the laptop near the processor gets warm, thats it, no warmer than a centrino would even while doing intense work. hope you can find one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find similar neagtive comments being said about all manufacturers.
    The fact that FS have replaced all components free of charge is a positive.
    I use and support dozens of FS notebooks and they are as good as anything I have dealt with.

While I am also a fan of Sony Vaio laptops, sony's customer service and repair center in Ireland are nothing short of a joke to deal with.

You reckon Dan_B ? I dont know... all i can go on is my own experience. In fairness you can slate Fujitsu Siemens too much since they are replacing all the parts for free. But I have lost an awful lot of time... 10 weeks now. If they gave me a spare laptop I would have nothing to complain about... it was just an unlucky one in a million chance

Im still waiting on this DVD drive. Its over 6 weeks in repair and I phone up every day and its the same story. Siemens are a pathetic joke. I would advise everyone NEVER TO GO NEAR A SIEMENS EVER IN YOUR LIFE.

Its almost 10 weeks (4 weeks previous) in total that my machine has been in for repairs. What a fcuking joke. The technicans dont even have the intelligence to stock enough parts in order to test every component in your machine.

E.g. you do a test, one part comes up as failed, they have to send off to germany for that ONE part. You wait 3-5 days, part comes back, they run the stupid SOAP test for 48 hours. Guess what ? another component fails, that Single part has to be ordered from Germany. Waiting another 3-5 days, then the SOAP tests then another broken part. FCUKING IDIOTS AT WORK!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

it's SOAK test btw

I know someone senior in FS, if you keep accepting the tinkering the helpdesk assume you are not losing the plot.

PM me or post your helpdesk reference number and I'll email it to him, he'll sort it quickly for you.

I use an amilo myself and have never had a days trouble!

I sent you a PM there. I dont know what tinkering goes on at the help desk :S

My laptop is being shipped back to me now. What I can say is, Fujitsu Siemens offer a great customer service. I got an extra 1 year warrenty with the laptop and several parts were replaced without charge.

Maybe its going a bit far to say you should never buy a Fujitsu Siemens again.

Ill see how things go with the laptop now :)

Cheers WillieDH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ShelbourneUltra

I think you are being very generous Maskhadav. If i had went through that nightmare I would have thrown the laptop back at Siemens. Seems like a very poor service.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Maskhadov wrote:
    My laptop is being shipped back to me now. What I can say is, Fujitsu Siemens offer a great customer service. I got an extra 1 year warrenty with the laptop and several parts were replaced without charge.

Maybe its going a bit far to say you should never buy a Fujitsu Siemens again.

Ill see how things go with the laptop now :)

Cheers WillieDH.

Fujitsu Siemens desktop stuff is pretty solid, i work for hp on a bank contract and alot of the stuff is fujitsu simens (eD, proD7's or the newer 900mhz 256mb ram stuff YBBR serials) these machines would probably be 5 years old and to be honest you can throw anything at them or put any o.s on them and there certainly gona stand upto the test. So 10/10 there.

However the laptop end seems to be diar at times, in our enviroment we used to run Lifebook E Series and S Series (the last 3 generations) While they worked without fault for a few months we were soon replacing hard drives and mainboards like sand in a dessert; generally hard disk first and then mobo or the both together.

I cant comment on service because we have same day Siemens Business Service.

FYI 99% of helpdesks would have SLA's (Service Level Agreements) whereby problems would have to be resolved within a certain timeframe or the customer gets X, Y or Z.

Generally for stuff that users can do over the phone its 48-72 hours, for hardware stuff it should be no more than a week from collection.

I would reccomend the pcs, but id be cautious of the laptops; on the upside ive never seen a dead FS battery LOL unusual with laptops!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Dan_B wrote:
    While I am also a fan of Sony Vaio laptops, sony's customer service and repair center in Ireland are nothing short of a joke to deal with.

i heard that, but they're so cool...my dell latitude cpx, looked like a concrete slab beside them, my dells lovely, had it colse to 4 or 5 yrs and it still runs lovely, no upgrades(tho i recently switched to linux to speed things up)

Advertisement