Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMP Board FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions): Contribute here!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭TheBlackThing

Edit: I think my question was against the rules. I'll try and reword it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jme01

Please direct me if this has been answered. I did search the FAQ. I just bought a used 4gb Nano and wish to delete all the songs on it and put my name on it. Is there a way to do a master reset to this unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Are those still the best free programs to transfer from ipod to pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kold wrote: »
    Are those still the best free programs to transfer from ipod to pc?
    depends what you like actually.

Sarge got a suggestion of this http://www.getsharepod.com/ from the mac forum yesterday, he said it worked well. i shall add it to karoma's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

Q : I have a new Ipod Touch but have an issue transferring over the album artwork (Itunes doesn't always recognise the album). Any suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

good place for mp4 movie downloads?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

Pal wrote: »
    Question : how do I play IPOD videos on my TV

Answer : Connect a camcorder AV lead ( 1/8 inch jack) to the IPOD headphone outlet.

Connect the AV leads as follows to your TV
    Red lead => Yellow TV socket
    Yellow lead => White TV socket
    White lead => Red TV socket

A camcorder AV lead can be picked up for under a tenner.
    apologies if this is old hat but it works and is cheap.

iv tried this but am only getting sound and no picture! what am i doing wrong???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Looking for a music format converter program that I can use to convert between various formats (the major ones).
    Found loads of them on the net, but I cannot for the life of me find a quality program that doesn't have some X-day trial bs attached to it... any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jessieannas

Im sure this should be straight forward but im lost!

new laptop - with vista- lost the disc i got with itunes on it for ipod mini many moons ago! Now i thought it should be a case of goin into itunes and downloading the updated version onto the new laptop and off I go.

Not the case- any ideas what im doing wrong?

Sorry, no ideas. Except, you could try this: http://www.oldversion.com/iTunes.html and just try the old iTunes. I've never downloaded the stuff off this site, but you can try anyway.
    jme01 wrote: »
    Please direct me if this has been answered. I did search the FAQ. I just bought a used 4gb Nano and wish to delete all the songs on it and put my name on it. Is there a way to do a master reset to this unit?

When you plug it into a different computer it usually says something along the lines of saying that "if you continue to update your ipod it will delete all songs off of it." Just a warning. Go along with it all anyway. It will then just basically reset itself. But for the name of the ipod, in the menu it should register that the ipod has connected. It will have the name of the in the menu. Usually you can click on it [like you would to change the name of a folder] and you can rename it. Or it may let you right-click and it will have as an option, rename.

Hope that helps!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Media

How to convert a video file for iPod? with Cucusoft iPod Movie/Video Converter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Hey guys,
    I no this question has been asked many times but I'm still not getting it.

I have an ipod nano and all my music is on my itunes library on my xp computer but I got a new laptop with windows 7.

Well i got as far as plugging in my ipod, go to ipod control, and copy all my music(the ones f00, f01 etc) to my computer but i cant seem to transfer them to my new library.

Any help would be greatly apreciated,
    Thanks,
    Luke Delaney.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Well i got as far as plugging in my ipod, go to ipod control, and copy all my music(the ones f00, f01 etc) to my computer but i cant seem to transfer them to my new library.

The "iPod_Control" folder that you copied is set to hidden, so iTunes cannot import it. Right click the folder name -> properties -> uncheck "hidden" -> apply

Then drag the folder into an open iTunes window.
    ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Looking for a music format converter program that I can use to convert between various formats (the major ones).
    Found loads of them on the net, but I cannot for the life of me find a quality program that doesn't have some X-day trial bs attached to it... any recommendations?

Try http://winff.org/
    jme01 wrote: »

Connect the iPod to your computer and open iTunes. When the iPod appears in the sources list (on the left), click its name and click the Restore button on the page that appears. This will completely wipe and reset the iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Thanks very much baza210 helped a lot. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Very helpful topic. I recently reformatted my PC, and just wanted to add 12 podcast files to my iPod without having to go through the hassle of installing iTunes, so I was looking for a simple "Drag and drop to ipod" program, and went down through most of the following
    Bard wrote: »
    Question: Is there any alternative to using Apple iTunes to put music onto my Apple iPod from my PC?

Windows-specific:
    EphPod (Free, and excellent. It has been around a good while…)
    XPlay - http://www.mediafour.com/products/xplay/ - (Commercial – I’ve never used it TBH)
    PodUtil - http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/software/podutil.php - (Freeware)
    Anapod Explorer - http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/ - Anapod Explorer lets you access your iPod's contents from any Web browser and play its music via any MP3 program of your choice. You can edit song tags directly on the iPod. It also has an embedded database engine (Anapod-SQL); so you can search the iPod using almost any criteria and generate reports in HTML or XML. (A free trial is available)
    CopyTrans - www.copytrans.net - useful for retrieving your music, ratings, playlists, playcounts to your PC (14 day free trial available for download)
    SharePod - http://www.getsharepod.com/ - free your ipod.

Dunno how often the topic is updated but:

Anapod - No longer available

Erphpod (has a message on it's website saying it's redundant except for older models, redirects to Copytrans) and Copytrans were more about backing up my iPod settings to my PC, and wouldn't let me make any alterations without wiping the iPod, which is obviously not what I wanted.

SharePod did exactly what I wanted. Just dragged my twelve files to a new playlist. Happy days!

I tried a bunch of others (about 7 programs total, some I googled), before I found Sharepod, so I wanted to bump this as the best recommendation listed programme in this thread.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

unstuck - go free outdated information.

Advertisement