Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your 80's and early 90's crushes (NSFW!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

IvaBigWun wrote:
    Love that film and Mathew Broderick is cute in it

He went onto marry Whats-her-face from Sex In The City

sjp2632johnsonf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dec from Ant 'n Dec (he's still cute)
    Omri Katz - Eerie Indiana dude.
    Macaulay Culkin at one stage.:o
    Had a major crush on Italian looking dude from Grange Hill. Can't remember his name (He then was in Hollyoaks)
    John Taylor from Duran Duran. oh yeah! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Why has no one mention Elisabeth Shue?

I wished she was my babysitter:v:

noite10.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

LundiMardi wrote:
    Why has no one mention Elisabeth Shue?

I wished she was my babysitter:v:

noite10.jpg

She wasnt bad.

Here's a better pic ;)

Elisabeth_Shue.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Tiffany:
    tiffany.jpg

Jennifer Connolly: (bottom, by the way)
    hoggle.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Oh god... I used to fancy Nick Beggs from Kajagoogoo (Not Limahl... I had a built-in Gaydar, even as a teen!!)
    nickface.jpg

And then there was the gorgeous Andrew Ridgeley who was plastered all over my wall - George never got a look in
    wham.jpg

And... Mags from A-ha...
    magne_11.jpg
    Then I saw him on Buzzcocks a few weeks ago and OMG I still would (husband not overly impressed with that remark :rolleyes: ) - and he's aged far better than Morten Harket
    A-HA+2005+bij+Schiffers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

My first celeb crush was Marie Fredriksson from Roxette in about 1989-90.
    She was very ill recently but i think she's thankfully recovered since. What a babe she was.
    http://ca.geocities.com/anarem/imhbl01.jpg

Then in the early/mid 90s Dani Behr from "The Word" was my fav, she still is a babe too.
    http://www.biggeststars.com/imgcontent/galleries/STAR2547/dani-behr-39452.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

David Charvet - remember him in Baywatch?

I had a whole wall devoted to him!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Mossy Monk wrote:
    that lead singer from The Bangles was a bit of all right. still is from what i hear
    Heh - anybody know that SawDoctors B-side song called 'I want to kiss the bangles'...sample lyrics...

I wouldn't kiss Liam O'Maonlai,Guns & Roses or Muddy Waters.
    I wouldn't kiss Brian WilsonOr his lovely yankee daughters.
    And Shane McGowan is not my type Because his teeth are green and mangled
    But Jesus Christ Almighty, I'd love to kiss the Bangles.

and with the wonderful Middle 8

I'd love to have it off
    I'd love to have it off
    I'd love to have it off with Suzanna Hoffs...

anyway - me own 80s memory was the blondie one from bananarama...sara dallin, i think was the name...in fact, i'd have settled for any of 'em...as i've said before, each having the look of very naughty babysitters...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Heh - anybody know that SawDoctors B-side song called 'I want to kiss the bangles'...sample lyrics...

I wouldn't kiss Liam O'Maonlai,Guns & Roses or Muddy Waters.
    I wouldn't kiss Brian WilsonOr his lovely yankee daughters.
    And Shane McGowan is not my type Because his teeth are green and mangled
    But Jesus Christ Almighty, I'd love to kiss the Bangles.

and with the wonderful Middle 8

I'd love to have it off
    I'd love to have it off
    I'd love to have it off with Suzanna Hoffs...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you so much for confirming I'm not actually going crazy and imagining things! :D I remember only ever hearing that song played once on the radio years and years ago. Anybody I've ever mentioned it to over the years just look at me funny and say they've never heard of it, even a couple of big Sawdoctors fans I happened to mentioned it to. I thought I was going crazy and might have just imagined it but at least now I know it actually was real and somebody else remembers it as well.

Great song, very funny indeed. Wonder is there anywhere I could download it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

sinecurea wrote:
    Jennifer Connolly: (bottom, by the way)
    hoggle.jpg

Ah yes Jen Connelly. Splendid selection.

If that one doesn't do the trick. This one will. No goblins mucking up the scenery to boot. ;)

jennifer_connelly_p40.jpg

Honourable mentions go to Phoebe Cates (Fast times at Ridgemont High) and Lori Loughlin (Full House).

Although the 80's and early 90's were my formative years ... I still consider anything pre-Andrea Corr to be the dark ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Phoebe Cates
    Susanna Hoffs (the bangles)
    Belinda Carlisle
    Gillian Anderson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Joey Lawrence out of Blosson.

The entire male cast of California Dreams, and Zack and Slater from Saved By the Bell.

Scott Bakula - who doesn't count, cos I still have a crush on him from watching Quantum Leap on DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Remember the Neverending Story III?

No? Fine then...

Melody Kay... My first crush, when I was an ickle lad of 9 years old...
    *sighs wistfully

88m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Erika Eleniac
    Jennifer Connolly
    Denise Crosby from Star Trek TNG
    Anne Lockhart and Jane Seymour when they were in battlestar galactica

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

besides that good ol sharon ni bheolain me and the lads use to watch her reading nuacht back in the early 90's down the pub after work. couldnt understand a singe word she said but NEVER enjoyed someone saying "ufaseach" so much in my life ,not to mention she's actually getting better looking as she gets older, i mean hell she must be heading toward 40 now

.........I've know Sharon for over 25 years, went out with her a few times before I got married. You're right she IS getting better looking as time goes by, shes really nice too, good crack !

BTW she's 34 !

I think Blondie was my first crush, then Pam Ewing, then the elder one from the Cosby show and the blonde chick from The Fall Guy !

259028~Deborah-Harry-Posters.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

MercMad wrote:
    .........I've know Sharon for over 25 years, went out with her a few times before I got married.

Well, assuming that you are actually telling the truth then all I have to say is......

YA FECKIN' JAMMY BASTARD, YE!!!!!! :D

MercMad wrote:
    259028~Deborah-Harry-Posters.jpg

Yeah, Debbie Harry was a seriously fine bit of stuff back in her day as well. ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i second that ! me and the lads near broke down in tears when we heard she was getting wed:( still everytime i see her on telly it reminds me of the craic i had back then (jesus i just realised back then there were no late bars in dublin:eek: , it must a been around the time the black abbott and the like first came on the scene!)

MercMad wrote:
    .........I've know Sharon for over 25 years, went out with her a few times before I got married. You're right she IS getting better looking as time goes by, shes really nice too, good crack !

BTW she's 34 !

....., then Pam Ewing,....

oh sweet jesus, do you know who you just reminded me of? EMMA SAMMS :D

dynasty might have been a load of bollocks but the lovely fallon stole my prepubescent heart (god i love redheads)

Cynthia Gibb, she was in Youngblood, she has not gotten better with age, but back in the day, i certainly would!:)

1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just after watching Tubridy Tonight with Dirk Benedict, Face from The A-Team. Had major crush on him. He's still looking well at, believe it or not, 61 years of age. I still would....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

rob lowe after seeing him in about last night with demi moore.

Larianne wrote:
    Just after watching Tubridy Tonight with Dirk Benedict, Face from The A-Team. Had major crush on him. He's still looking well at, believe it or not, 61 years of age. I still would....:D
    61!!!!:eek:

The Breakfast Club is on and it's bringing back memories... :)

Ally Sheedy...

allysheedy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Well, assuming that you are actually telling the truth then all I have to say is......

..............why would I lie !! I could sell my story to the papers and earn a fortune................and boy do I have stories !

However I'm not that kind of guy ! ;)

Yeah Emma Samms, she was lovely, but wasn't there another girl who playef "Fallon" at the start, she was also Nancy Drew in The Hardy Boys series !

Actually I just remembered that it was Farrah Fawcett Majors that first got me stirring !!

Demi Moore looked great in About Last Night, then she just got quote severe and muscular looking.................but I still would !

MercMad wrote:

Yeah Emma Samms, she was lovely, but wasn't there another girl who playef "Fallon" at the start, she was also Nancy Drew in The Hardy Boys series !!

yeah she was starting to go the "miss ellen" route of different actors every season, kenny everett did a brilliant piss take on that. and what happens to fallon in the end? she gets kidnapped by aliens:eek: :D

ah well at least i still had victoria principle (go on the pammy!)

Caitlin from Degrassi Junior High.

degrascaitlin01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

Oh McGyver, I loved him and Michael J Fox, Y'know even with the parkinsons n all, I still would! I had a thing for Philip Scofield aswell, I had a poster of him in my room, mind you, I had a poster of Tifany too, (Remember..I then we tumble to the ground and then you say, I think we're alone now, la la la la la) guess I was a bit bi as a child:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

jet from gladiators

_278329_jet150.jpg

hot damn...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

I liked yer one out of mork and mindy when I were a lad.She'd still get it.

Advertisement