Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Model

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Nice one.
    What'd you use quad patches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

Nice one.
    What'd you use quad patches?
    i used just simpel planes lol

and i have a qustion, i really want to lern this stuff in some kind of a part time course, but where can i find any ? or am i just doomed to lern it my self untill i finish school ? or dose any artiest who are good care to raise a young beginner :)

am nerly done :o lol my lazy ass is working a bit faster then usual :p
    back7me.jpg

reflect36rr.jpg
    ive tried few diffrent colors, what do u think? which is better ?
    Yellow
    yello5cr.jpg
    Black
    black4bg.jpg

blackback5sm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

WOW nice1, looks sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Excellent...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

That's seriously impressive o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Nice, I need to start some 3d work. Maybe this summer.. (yes ages away i know)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

very impressive work sharp it looks fantastic.

Now for the points that are meant to help not annoy.

The internal of the car are not done, this is not much of a problem if you don't want to do it, but in that case try to avoid rendering views that show the backface of polys inside. In this case you can see right through your car and out the other side.

Ways to fix this in order of niceness include modelling the interior, forcing two sided rendering or making the glass completely reflective.

As an aside have you considered using HDRI to render this scene, the reflective nature of the car and a good plinth image would shoot this projects realism through the roof.

Once again great work.

tba wrote:
    very impressive work sharp it looks fantastic.

Now for the points that are meant to help not annoy.

The internal of the car are not done, this is not much of a problem if you don't want to do it, but in that case try to avoid rendering views that show the backface of polys inside. In this case you can see right through your car and out the other side.

Ways to fix this in order of niceness include modelling the interior, forcing two sided rendering or making the glass completely reflective.

As an aside have you considered using HDRI to render this scene, the reflective nature of the car and a good plinth image would shoot this projects realism through the roof.

Once again great work.
    thanks alot for the advise :) this is the kind of advise i really need to help me improve ;) i will be doing the internals :) i have got few nice tutorials to get me started on it , i still have few problems on the model right now to fix so i will get an update soon with internals(hopfully) :o i can use all the advise i can get :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Thats it, I'm giving up.

• Advertisement

Thats it, I'm giving up.
    i wonder whats the story behind this :rolleyes:

hdr1yo.th.jpg

i just tried some hdris i found , they seem to work great , ill do some better renders and update later

update hdr1ly.th.jpg

reflect3sssssssssssss1mm.jpg

ive opend the doors :P so i must be goin in now

I think the wheels look a little too blingin with the chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

sharpjaws wrote:
    i wonder whats the story behind this :rolleyes:
    I meant that theres no way in hell I'd ever be able to produce something like that so I may as well give up graphic work now.

*sigh*

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I meant that theres no way in hell I'd ever be able to produce something like that so I may as well give up graphic work now.

*sigh*
    It's ok,, I got it.

*pats Jim on the back*

slverfront7pq.th.jpg

o well, i think am all done with the out side now :( inside is probebly gona take the rest of my holidays :p Is there any good websites that hosts premade templets so i can just put up my work and show it to ppl ? i dont want to get up with making templets again :\

whao! lol i can work on composition later on :P but now me try to finish inside :D

Just a quick look, not done yet :)insideshotundone7gk.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

nice work.

would be great to see some animation on such a nice model.

Have you tried any character modelling yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

character modelling is hard enough to grasp, unless you use one of the plugins for max.

tone down the reflections a little bit, same with the chrome.
    Also think about where you place the cameras and lights in the shots, you gotta consider the best angles for best results.

Other than that, looks very good. I know alot of lads with Certs and degrees and 3 years experience with Max that can't even modell as well, but dont get a big head, also know a few who are far better :P

dangerman wrote:
    nice work.

would be great to see some animation on such a nice model.

Have you tried any character modelling yet?
    i would animate this but omfg tbh :o it takes 10 minuts to render one frame dont tell me about a short filem :o havent tried characters yet, this is like the only way of modeling i know :D for characters there are more better ways , i have lot to lern, and yes ill change the materials abit when am down with every thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

sharpjaws wrote:
    i would animate this but omfg tbh :o it takes 10 minuts to render one frame dont tell me about a short filem :o havent tried characters yet, this is like the only way of modeling i know :D for characters there are more better ways , i have lot to lern, and yes ill change the materials abit when am down with every thing ;)

ah 10 minutes isn't bad at all! Set it all up, then leave it rendering all weekend & give yourself a break from the computer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Wow! Those are some truly nice renders...

DoodeeI wrote:
    know alot of lads with Certs and degrees and 3 years experience with Max that can't even modell as well, but dont get a big head, also know a few who are far better :P
    haha lol am only 15, i have long way to go, o and can u get me some info where they got their degrees ? :rolleyes: i want to go lern this at school in future

nicesinkingtyres4wd.jpg update **

329ih.jpg

wheel27lc.jpg

Took me 53 minuts to render this :( and it wasent great :S
    backgoodwheels0xe.jpg

enzorender6wi.jpg

hdriwheel5mu.jpg

wheelssharpcopy0tm.jpg
    made some nice wheels just for show :)

Did you just texture the rubber on the wheel or did u model the threads.

In some of the renders it looks like you just used a texture.

It's attention to detail like that which will make this piece stand out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Jesus man... fair f**kin' play...

I used to mess around with Blender3D a bit when I was younger but I gave up cos I couldn't figure it out...

Perhaps I should have a go with 3DSMax...

Any links to the tutorials you used?

Advertisement