Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you a member?

Options
  • 24-12-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Just curious to see where everyone plays.

I'm from Woodbrook. Its between Wicklow and Dublin. Really nice course but a bit pricey if you're not with a member:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

X-Calibre wrote:
    Just curious to see where everyone plays.

I'm from Woodbrook. Its between Wicklow and Dublin. Really nice course but a bit pricey if you're not with a member:(

nice little course (I'm from Bray) but a bit flat for my liking. I believe it's the closest golf course in Ireland to the sea which has no "links" features.

I'm not a member of anywhere at the moment (poor student that i am) but i was a greenkeeper at Glen of the Downs for a while:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

No, not a member, wouldn't have the time. Do play in the summer a bit tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Member of Killeen Golf Club in Co. Kildare (just off the Naas Road)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

RuggieBear wrote:
    nice little course (I'm from Bray) but a bit flat for my liking. I believe it's the closest golf course in Ireland to the sea which has no "links" features.

Yeah its a little too close to the sea. Every year more and more of the course gets cut off. The edge of the 14th fairway is about 3 metres from a cliff edge. They will have to move some greens in a few years before they get cut off.:v:

I wouldnt say it has no links features. It's half links, half parkland. There's alot of that "hay" type grass and it has as much a sea breeze as any links!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

HollyWood Lakes in ballyboughal here, recently ranked 92nd best golf course in ireland, woot woot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

Ballinsloe G.C, Co. Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

Kinsale, Co. Cork. Not a great course but it's close by and affordable so it'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

woodenbridge golf club, avoca, co. wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Carlow GC..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

Howth G.C...got my invoice today for my annual subs.....€1369.....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

o man i hate howth, played your juvenile team there in a friendly match, that hole up the hill, terrible hole, takes 5 mins to get up to see the green, get back down, and youve lost perspective again, =D

Too many blind spots too and whats up with the clubhouse not serving food, like ever =D

Some nice holes though. Nice juveniless too so thats a mega bonus =D

that hole up the hill

That's the 16th! That hardest hole on the course to get an ambulance to also!!
    Too many blind spots too and whats up with the clubhouse not serving food, like ever =D

Not anymore. We've a catering company in now serving up some tasty grub.....fillet steaks are yummm!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Strandhill, Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Portsalon, Co.Donegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Balbriggan GC in north county Dublin

Friendliest club in the whole of ireland:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

woodenbridge golf club, avoca, co. wicklow

One of my favorite courses going actually. Everything about it is just amazing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

flanzer wrote:
    Howth G.C...got my invoice today for my annual subs.....€1369.....:eek:
    to be honest that sounds like a pretty average amount for these days flanzer

695 here, including 50 euros of bar credit!! :D Oh yeah plus we've 27 holes now too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Was a member of Co. Meath GC (Trim) but let it slip. Very big mistake cos I cant afford to rejoin for years. Its a nice course

to be honest that sounds like a pretty average amount for these days flanzer

I suppose maybe for a Dublin course. I get €100 restaurant credit and €80 bar credit included in that.
    css wrote:
    695 here, including 50 euros of bar credit!! biggrin.gif Oh yeah plus we've 27 holes now too..

Sounds like value for money. My uncle is captain up in Murvagh, Donegal Golf club this year and fees there are €375!! IMHO, THAT'S real value for money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Foxrock Golf Club, Dublin. (for the time being anyway - got a letter from the manager yesterday saying that if I didn't pay my sub in the next couple of days I'm out!)

flanzer wrote:
    Sounds like value for money. My uncle is captain up in Murvagh, Donegal Golf club this year and fees there are €375!! IMHO, THAT'S real value for money

I'm not surprised it's that cheap tbh, there's not exactly a big rich population base nearby! Great course though. I play it every year in the West coast challenge. I drove the ball to the 150 marker on the first after an 'altercation' with the starter, longest drive ever by me i reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Grange in Rathfarnham
    €2100 including €250 bar credit.

GreeBo wrote:
    Grange in Rathfarnham
    €2100 including €250 bar credit.

Fookin hell :eek:! That's steep.... and they're trying to turn you into alcoholics as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

well its bar and restaurant so its not too bad over the 12months...

It includes a bunch of levvies, especially for the new clubhouse we just built.
    Also its 24 holes so there is always somewhere you can play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tonymontana

Grange in Rathfarman as well.

€660, I'm a junior, it's steep compared to other clubs and a bit of a waste as well since I hardly use it!

€90 student membership :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tonymontana

Dman_15 wrote:
    €90 student membership :p

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

there are clubs with 27 holes that don't charge that much greebo,
    it's always a bit hard on the members wehn a new clubhouse is being built, but you'd be amazed the money that a club can make opening up a little, i was talking to one of the golfing coordinators in carton last week he said nearly 60% of the money comes form visitor green fees, it looks like the future now will be we'll have to share our course with more visitors and societies as thats where the real money is. but at least if it does happen it might reduce your subs.

• Advertisement

Where?

Portsalon, Co. Donegal

Advertisement