Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a 3500euro rig.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I was going to have the rad hanging off the back of the case, using the rad box to mount it. That way it only attaches to one of the 120mm mounts on the back, and hangs down over the other with about an inch gap.

Cheers for the feedback on the case, I read a few reviews and it looked like it had a nice solid feel to it. Always good to hear it from someone who isn't being paid to say it though.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Why not get a 21" CRT it will save alot of money for other goodies and will look alot better ( not ideal for Lanpartys :p:p )

And If it was my €300 for ram I would get OCZ Platinium Rev2 2*1gb sticks are around €310 on shop4memory (2-2-2-5) but i dont think they have them in stock at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 JakTheHat

If you want to really make use of those 2 7800GTXs then you need the Dell 2405fpw monitor. They are a little expensive but F.E.A.R looks great at 1920x1200 with all the goodies turned up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Am thinking buying one of those bad boys this week as it happens :)

See they are releasing a 30 inch version of it soon?

http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/03/the-dell-3007wfp-dell-brings-the-30-inch-lcd-love/

Crazy res and has HDCP which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

proably going to be bitch slapped by the AMD guys out there, but just looked at the processors supported on that mobo he chose but couldn't see the opterons displayed there. will it work?

Also I woudl recommend getting a WD raptor 76GB and a 250GB seagate drive instead of the one drive you have there, might be a bit dearer but would be more effective imho.

also what kind of midi stuff does he do? I am more than sure the the fata!ty FPS would be more than enough for him, should take that and a pair of decent speakers to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Opteron 939 is really just a San diego core that has undergone better quality testing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

krazy_8s wrote:
    Opteron 939 is really just a San diego core that has undergone better quality testing.

ah okay, cheers for that

Like Krazy 8s said the opterons are handpicked san diego cores and will work in most mobos, but be warned the mobo wont recognise it at boot it will say

"AMD processer Model Unknown"

and it could give it to much voltage.......

Whe ni put a opty 148 in my dads Asus A8N-E it was giving it 1.5volts on auto, the stock voltage should be 1.35v so i could have made a very expensive mistake,

Just make sure your board doesnt need a bios flash before using a opty

Yeah I don't think it'll be an opty since they're not in stock anywhere and the OCs arent really any better than their standard equivalents anymore.

CPU will be an X2 4200+
    Monitor will be the 20" Samsung on komplett (1600x1200 :P)
    RAM will be OCZ Plantinum

Still hasnt been ordered but sometime soon I believe. Will post up an updated shopping list shortly for criticism.

Ok i cant wait to see it;)

• Advertisement

Here's the list :
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=receive&si=311866&su=88E1B9CB-89D7-48C9-8A08-2E765A024CA8

Total for that is €3130. Shopping list page shows it as 3308 for some reason, but when you put it in the cart it's 3130.

As well as that stuff we'll be getting the Swiftech Apex Extreme kit from some english site (probably overclock or overclockers) and a VGA block for the card. Grand totaly should be ~€3400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Here's the list :
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=receive&si=311866&su=88E1B9CB-89D7-48C9-8A08-2E765A024CA8

Total for that is €3130. Shopping list page shows it as 3308 for some reason, but when you put it in the cart it's 3130.

As well as that stuff we'll be getting the Swiftech Apex Extreme kit from some english site (probably overclock or overclockers) and a VGA block for the card. Grand totaly should be ~€3400.

Throw up some pics when she's all done.

Very nice, but €3000 for a PC:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

€1200 is enough to make a decent gaming rig IMO :)

But i want to see benchmarks, are you going to overclock it, it would be a sin not to:p

Yeah I know, it's a ridiculous amount for a PC, I'd never pay it. He has the cash and wants the best though, so who am I to stop him.

Pics will definitely follow when all is built and overclocked. Damn right it would be a sin not to overclock that PC! With a high end watercooling kit and OCZ Platinum RAM, it's the whole idea.

That OCZ stuff is brilliant it does 290mhz on 2.7v:eek: it doesnt like 2.8 for some reason

Advertisement