Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rightly peeed off..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

How could anybody fall for this? I mean seriously how? A random person rings you up and you hand over your details? Pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

How could anybody fall for this? I mean seriously how? A random person rings you up and you hand over your details? Pfft.

I'll tell you how, some people are ****ing stupid.

Endex.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Oriel wrote:
    Domain name:
    motorhelpuk.co.uk

Registrant:
    Tim Risbridger

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
    address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrant's agent:
    Namesco Limited [Tag = NAMESCO]
    URL: http://www.names.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 17-Dec-2003
    Renewal date: 17-Dec-2007
    Last updated: 10-Feb-2006

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
    ns0.phase8.net
    ns1.phase8.net
    ns2.phase8.net

WHOIS lookup made at 22:21:15 14-Mar-2006

Domain name: motorhelp.co.uk

Registrant: Nokta Internet Technologies

Trading as: Nokta Internet Technologies

Registrant type: Non-UK Corporation

Registrant's address: 2887 College Avenue 3 Suite 339 Berkeley CA 94705 US

Registrar: Nokta Internet Teknolojileri Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. [Tag = NOKTAINTERNET-TR] URL: http://www.nokta.com Relevant dates: Registered on: 21-Sep-2004 Renewal date: 21-Sep-2008 Last updated: 19-Jan-2007 Registration status: Registered until renewal date. Name servers: ns1.directnavi1.com ns2.directnavi2.com WHOIS lookup made at 02:27:43 26-Jul-2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 giggsyny

jhegarty wrote:
    Well your not quick to judge... it took you well over a year to make your response.....

What are you talking about? it only happened to me recently thats why I only posted yesterday.
    I never heard of MotorHelp UK a year ago.

i dont think its fair to call people stupid in this instance, more gullible than anything else.
    You have to remember that these guys are trained to take advantage of your weaknesses.
    You have probably been scammed yourself before and may not have even realised it

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I sold a couple of cars last year in CBG and Buy & Sell and the first 5 or 6 calls were from Brits who "had buyers waiting in my area to pay the full asking price".

Obviously a scam but I did string the 2nd or 3rd guy along for a while and he said he had to email me the T&Cs and then he could take the payment, I gave him a hotmail address which I never use and told him to ring me the next day..

Their T&Cs basically say that they will put a copy of your advert on their website and take no responsibility for a sale - no refund available...

When he rang back I just said 'I'm getting my credit card can you hang on' and then left the mobile down on the table and went back to watching a match on TV. He waited 20 minutes before hanging up, then rang back and I just kept answering and leaving the phone down which had him screaming curses down the phone... By the 3rd call I had to put it on loudspeaker as some of my mates were over and we nearly p***ed ourselves laughing at him going crazy... :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

philcsl wrote:
    I sold a couple of cars last year in CBG and Buy & Sell and the first 5 or 6 calls were from Brits who "had buyers waiting in my area to pay the full asking price".

Obviously a scam but I did string the 2nd or 3rd guy along for a while and he said he had to email me the T&Cs and then he could take the payment, I gave him a hotmail address which I never use and told him to ring me the next day..

Their T&Cs basically say that they will put a copy of your advert on their website and take no responsibility for a sale - no refund available...

When he rang back I just said 'I'm getting my credit card can you hang on' and then left the mobile down on the table and went back to watching a match on TV. He waited 20 minutes before hanging up, then rang back and I just kept answering and leaving the phone down which had him screaming curses down the phone... By the 3rd call I had to put it on loudspeaker as some of my mates were over and we nearly p***ed ourselves laughing at him going crazy... :):):)
    I can't help but laugh. Nice one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

It looks like the main reason you were charged €120 was because he stated £79 stg and not euro to you on the phone.

As £79 = approx €120 at the moment.

As for giving your credit card details to someone cold calling on the phone without checking up on them.... :eek: Tut Tut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mazdagirl

philcsl wrote:

Have my car for sale them *****s have my heart broke cant wait for them to ring again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

philcsl wrote:

Haven't laughed as much all weekend. I'd be nearly tempted to sell a car for the crack to be had.Well Done:D

Advertisement