Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say Something Nice About The Mods.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tiguan Joe

:)I think the Mods here are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Great, banned :D

Wow, this thread is a bit of a trip down memory lane with all the names I've not seen for years.

I'm a mod, and I genuinely think a lot of mods are doing a woeful job, still stuck in an era before Snapchat, twitter, etc when freedom of expression on the internet had a tighter rein.

These days, people aren't used to that and don't generally want that. And sites like this have to move with the times, except in the most egregious of circumstances. I would hate if boards disappeared, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't waste my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Wow, this thread is a bit of a trip down memory lane with all the names I've not seen for years.

It'd be impossible to keep track of these days, since mod names tend to last a couple of months now on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

"Something Nice About The Mods"

Being serious, they provide a service without which Boards would descend into Bedlam, and they do it for free.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Vita nova wrote: »
    "Something Nice About The Mods"

Being serious, they provide a service without which Boards would descend into Bedlam, and they do it for free.

Free me hole, they are drawing a wage.

Free me hole, they are drawing a wage.
    Yes, with a HB2 pencil. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If we didn't have mods, this place would turn into a youtube comments section. This is the only place where I post my opinions online and it's because the rules make sensible discussion possible without the requirements being too onerous.

It's a valuable bit of work that they do and we would be up in the trees fling shít at each other without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Less Mods.

More Rockers.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's a thankless job and they should really be getting paid to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

They're not Hitler or Rees-Mogg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Why do mods do it? They get a kick out of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I used to mod on the Martial Arts, MMA, Military & Dublin City forum here.

Never again, not a snowballs chance in hell. You're always justifying your actions and rarely if ever have the backing of Cmods and Admin.

I don't know any moderators here anymore so I can't say anything good or bad about them. But with no incentives for a job well done [or not] only a fool will work for nothing.

I enjoy the freedom facebook and Instagram gives. I admin my Judo club on both, then post any aul crap on my own account without fear moderator reprisal. I wasn't on those when I was a moderator here, had I been I wouldn't have bothered here.

Bring Degsy back and all will be forgiven :)

Perifect wrote: »

To keep you honest. A semblance of order on this site, and they do it voluntarily.

I used to mod on the Martial Arts, MMA, Military & Dublin City forum here.

Never again, not a snowballs chance in hell. You're always justifying your actions and rarely if ever have the backing of Cmods and Admin.

I don't know any moderators here anymore so I can't say anything good or bad about them. But with no incentives for a job well done [or not] only a fool will work for nothing.

I enjoy the freedom facebook and Instagram gives. I admin my Judo club on both, then post any aul crap on my own account without fear moderator reprisal. I wasn't on those when I was a moderator here, had I been I wouldn't have bothered here.

Bring Degsy back and all will be forgiven :)
    Was Degsy a mod? I'd say he was a dodgy enough doorman, modding was the least of his worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The mods in the more intellectual forums are highly biased against ppl who don't hold their own political/ideological viewpoints. To be fair it's hard to find a mod who would be impartial as to be capable of being a mod in those forums in the first place and to follow the discussion they'ed have to have some strong opinions themselves. I actually think the mods should be barred from commenting in those forums which would mitigate this problem. Oh I forgot to say something nice, erm........freshpopcorn seems like a nice guy. : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Ruggie Bear is a lovely fella who's a bit of ratboy and the general friendly mod. Love the guy.

Well that didn’t ultimately help blackwashman (banned).

So I have nothing much to say about mods.

To keep you honest. A semblance of order on this site, and they do it voluntarily.

Bravo old chap.

Perifect wrote: »
    Hardly. It's not something you'd stick on your CV or admit in public.

If someone asks you to do it, it's hard to say No, otherwise you're just saying you want to take from the forum and do nothing in return. And it takes minimal effort, just reading reported posts once in a while. Mods are just like the kids in your old school who used to clean the dusters because they were an easy touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

You're always justifying your actions and rarely if ever have the backing ...

The 'and you're a mod!' comments in totally unrelated forums as if that were a debate winning sentence :rolleyes:

Thankless... Well, apart from all the thanks they get on admonishing posts from the admonished. :pac:

Was Degsy a mod? I'd say he was a dodgy enough doorman, modding was the least of his worries.

He was neither a moderator or doorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Aye, I think so at one time.
    Or else I'm gone soft in the head.

He was neither a moderator or doorman.
    Degsy was definitely a doorman. The head on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Being a mod means a large part of your job is explaining to tards why they can't be tards, it's a thankless job and I don't envy them.

Degsy was definitely a doorman. The head on him.

He wasn't.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 krupta

Interesting thread. I'll have a good think and see if I can come up with anything

He wasn't.
    fair enough. he definitely was though.

I don’t love Eoghan MacDermott.

• Advertisement

Being a mod means a large part of your job is explaining to tards why they can't be tards, it's a thankless job and I don't envy them.

I sincerely hope a bigger part of their job is removing people who describe others as "tards" or use the word "tards" in any concept whatsoever between people who don't drag their knuckles when they walk. Or swing between branches.

Happily a job I would do without your thanks or your envy :rolleyes:

Advertisement