Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Has Almost No Public Transport Really

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

shltter wrote:
    I have rarely read such unadulterated ****e in my life the 3 tram lines that you link to were closed or closing before dev first came to power in 1932
    Maybe you should actually read my posts before leaping in with both feet. I called deV a git and I stand by that (he had a backward 'vision' for Ireland and concocted such with McQuaid (a right cnut) in their 'constitution'). I then linked to some tram info. I did not imply or say explicitly that deV was actually responsible for closing the lines I linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

murphaph wrote:
    Maybe you should actually read my posts before leaping in with both feet. I called deV a git and I stand by that (he had a backward 'vision' for Ireland and concocted such with McQuaid (a right cnut) in their 'constitution'). I then linked to some tram info. I did not imply or say explicitly that deV was actually responsible for closing the lines I linked to.

Re read yours and pandas posts you clearly state that you
    murphaph wrote:
    It doesn't surprise me at al to hear deV fcuked the DUTC.

then panda
    panda wrote:
    You have to wonder if this was a vendetta. The DUTC continued to operate during the Easter Rising and was praised for doing so and having their system repaired and up and running while a lot of the city centre lay in ruins. The DUTC also had more medals for bravery awarded to it's employees than any other company in Ireland for their service in the First World War.

to which you replied
    murphaph wrote:
    Again, wouldn't surprise me, he was a small minded git and if he hadn't been such a weasel in avoiding the bullet we might have prospered as a nation a lot sooner. Anyways, here's a few sad links to think what might have been....

The implication is clear but it is wrong in relation to the Trams the DUTC was ****ed before Dev even got into power.

BTW if there was a vendetta against DUTC it was more likely because of 1913 than anything else. Not that I believe there was a vendetta ripping up tram lines was the done thing and we were just following the pack just as putting in trams is now the done thing and again we are just following the pack rather than actually working out for ourselves whether it is the best solution for our needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

murphaph wrote:
    I called deV a git and I stand by that (he had a backward 'vision' for Ireland and concocted such with McQuaid (a right cnut) in their 'constitution').
    Why the quotation marks? Our Constitution was endorsed by the people of the 26 counties in a plebiscite. You're quite free to come up with something better if you can win the support of the Irish people.
    It never ceases to amaze me how our Constitution is simultaneously 'backward' while also being a bulwark against the supposed injustices perpetrated by McDowell et al. You can't have it both ways lads. Our Constitution has served us remarkably well even though it originated from a Catholic viewpoint few of us (including myself) now subscribe to.
    I'd much rather live under Bunreacht na hEireann than the Magna Carta.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement