Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland team to face Romania named.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Who? Not the Niall Malone who played for Leicester and got a few caps at outhalf in the early 90s? Without much distinction?

He must be 40 if he's a day.

Apologies, was thinking of Everitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

O'Sullivan has implied that Paul Burke would be his third choice at OH. He's 32, and had his day at international level. Why not throw someone like Dunne, Everitt or Staunton (although I do think he's been tried and found wanting in the past) in against Romania? All three have significant top level experience so would be unlikely to 'freeze' against a second rate side like Romania at a 60% full Landsdowne Road.

Agree as well that there is no point having Stringer on the bench (same way there was no point in giving him so much game time in Japan). Give someone else a chance. We'll need three scrum halfs for the RWC anyway, right?

The only justification I can give for starting Byrne is that he's not getting his game at Saracens and so needs all the competitive rugby he can get. Apparently Eddie has had a word with Bob Casey and told him what he needs to work on. I guess Eddie knows best..........

Trimble at 13 is an odd choice

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Trimble at 13 is an odd choice

Young Trimble has played the vast majority of his rugby at 12 and 13 for Ulster. Went ok at 13 last weekend against Australia too.

I can see him excelling on the wing in future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Great to see humphs getting a start. The competition at 10 is very healthy but unfortunately once Humphreys moves on I dont see anyone challenging ROG for as long as hes around.

• Advertisement

Great to see humphs getting a start. The competition at 10 is very healthy but unfortunately once Humphreys moves on I dont see anyone challenging ROG for as long as hes around.

If in a few years another province produced a promising young 10 I wonder which of the two would turn out to be better.

We should have a detailed and highly antagonistic chat about it.

All hypothetical of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Thread Closed

Just because boards is having a few hiccups no need to comment on the threads you're being shown

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement