Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relatively good news about student email

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

but surely there's something about spamming the system with 'Reply to All' ?

christ.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

IceHawk wrote:
    I would have thought that the obvious solution was to get as many people as possible to reply to the mail. Not 'reply all', just reply to the one person who sent it. If every student in the college who got bothered by these idiots sent one email to each of them, it would clog their inboxes within minutes.

A couple of hundred replies every time they did it would make them recosider the humour of their actions. It's got a sort of poetic justice to it that I like. In response to one person stupidly annoying thousands, it's thousands specifically and deliberately targeting that person.

Also, there's nothing, as far as I know, in the rules about one student deciding to reply to an email he/she received. The fact that a thousand students spontaneously decided to email one particular student is just an unfortunate coincidence. ;)

Thats what i'm doing with the next one I see.

Pity I didnt read this thread *before* I emptied my inbox

Any idea whats up with the email today?

Have been getting 503 Service Unavailable all day

idea #1:
    it's not working :v:

idea #++ to follow...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

The pair of ye get off the net and go do your Java project!

• Advertisement

:v: zing on you sir as it's already done!

tekkit!

:v:

besides, the fora had gone a tad quiet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

kaimera wrote:
    :v: zing on you sir as it's already done!

tekkit!

:v:

besides, the fora had gone a tad quiet...

Maybe a good oul row would liven things up :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

oh god, 23 ****ty emails in my account, all junk from students!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH, give me a pillow to scream into!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Peteee wrote:
    Any idea whats up with the email today?

Have been getting 503 Service Unavailable all day

I routinely get a message saying the service has been disabled and to try another time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rhurja

From what I hear, there has been a lot of complaints. I don't know who has been complained to, but it has reached some top heads and something is being done about it.

About improvements, nothing can be introduced immediately because of testing, etc, etc. The new ULSU site is up, and there is a forum which will hopefully deal with accommodation and lost/found, etc, but the ULSU (afaik) are not obliged to take up responsibility for hosting these ads. Due to regulations, the college is required to host such services (again afaik), so Im in the process of setting up and testing a forum due to be hosted on the UL website, and if it works accordingly, i will probably administrate it (woohoo!). There are also ideas floating around for some sort of public folders, but tbh, i dont know enough about public folders to comment.

As regards the SU, there are also plans to provide a classifieds section in An Focal as of 2006. It would be free for UL students, with a "small charge" for external companies / landlords etc. Between all of these outlets, there should be no excuse for spammers - indeed, they should be shot in the nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

I suppose this was bound to happen at some stage.
    Thankfully I use a spam filter.

But I wanna know what ****er did this!
    Hello all.y1@student.ul.ie,

Thank you for signing up for an account on the Microsoft Passport Network.

60 + spam from coolist subscriptions and such in one morning!

*rocks back and forth in chair, with an insane grin on face, making the nail collection even more rusty*
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Ha! That's pretty devious. This has really gone too far now. Seriously the behaviour on the email accounts this year is way beyond a joke. Surely someone deserves to be kicked out of college for this latest "prank".

*snigger*

first years :v:

Vuk wrote:
    I suppose this was bound to happen at some stage.
    Thankfully I use a spam filter.

But I wanna know what ****er did this!

60 + spam from coolist subscriptions and such in one morning!

*rocks back and forth in chair, with an insane grin on face, making the nail collection even more rusty*
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

hehe, funniest thing I've read all day!

They should be banned from email tbh

Advertisement