Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cork Xmas Pub Crawl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

How are people going to recognise each other? Make everybody buy one of those yellow armband things from a nearby shop?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

We'll all be wearing tinfoil hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just look for the people who look as if they've been locked in a dungeon and deprived of sunlight for years. Oh, and yes, the tinfoil hats as well :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I think we should seriously do the tinfoil hats thing. It'd be a laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

aliens stealing your thoughts is no laughing matter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I can see it now : Everybody says they'll turn up in a tinfoil hat and only one person actually does. It'll be like wear a skirt to school day all over again.......

FYI, I'll be in town a bit earlier on Saturday to meet a mate, I reckon sometime around 6-7pm, if you're around earlier too, ping me. I'll be leaving earlier too, about 9-10. I also have to duck out for an hour tomorrow night, about 10pm. (Get the excuses on the record early!)

I'll post my mobile number here tomorrow before I leave.

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Gah. Was really looking forward to this little 3-day excursion, but have to go up to Kilkenny on Saturday. Will be along tomorrow night for a while and will hopefully be along on Sunday for a bit too.

So is it just me wearing the tinfoil hat then tomorrow? Or does someone else feel like making a tit of themselves as well?

Beer. Beer beer beer beer. Beer Beer. Beer?

Beer?

• Advertisement

Adam has a one-track mind.

So what's the story with tomorrow?

Beer, beer, and of course beer. Beer beer. :D

On a faintly more serious note, I'd say Kudos in the Clarion would be a good place to go. Of course, since I'm not going to be here, I shouldn't really have any say.

At a guess, tho, Adam will probably rock in about 7ish, have 2 drinks, slur something inadvertently insulting in the general direction of the female barstaff, and then be primed to entertain everyone for the evening :D (well, if I'm not around, someone else has to be the lightweight drunk entertainment provider).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Fysh wrote:
    At a guess, tho, Adam will probably rock in about 7ish, have 2 drinks, slur something inadvertently insulting in the general direction of the female barstaff, and then be primed to entertain everyone for the evening :D (well, if I'm not around, someone else has to be the lightweight drunk entertainment provider).

Sounds like a good plan :D I'm looking forward to a few pints now beerchug.gif

I'm looking forward to a rake of it meself. Anyway, my mate is arriving at the bus station at 17:20, however I doubt I'll be able to meet him until 18:30 as I have the youngfella over for a few hours tomorrow afternoon. He's a scruffy fecker, so I'll probably try to get him over to the Clarion just to piss them off anyway.

But anyway, why are we talking about tomorrow? We'll be skulling them back in less than five hours like. Tomorrow's another day entirely!

adam

Scoops tonight are the main plan.

Also, I've decided Kilkenny can away and feck itself, haven't the energy to head up there. So I'll probably be around tomorrow and since I live near the Clarion (5-10 mins walk max) if we feel like it we can head back to my gaff after to carry on with the drinkin' and slangin' and talkin' ****e.

Tinfoil hats at the ready lads!

What do you do if all you can find in the kitchen drawer is clingfilm?

It'll still make a hat but wont stop the aliens reading your brain! :v:

Well, I suppose you could do the rockstar thing and turn up wearing nothing but clingfilm (depending on how you fold it around yourself you can make it go semi-opaque, tho I don't imagine it'd be all that warm. Meaning you'd have to drink more! Which would lead to inevitable complications when you go to the jax, but on the other hand this would be entertaining to the rest of us...)

So dudara's coming dressed in clingfilm, I'll be wearing a tinfoil hat....right, Adam, you'll have to turn up in a pink tutu and John, you can, I dunno, turn up dressed as a comedy version of Adam or something. Idiot costumed beers night it is!

(Not a bad idea that, for a future beers....)

NUDEY FATHER DUDARA!!!

(I've been having this pop up at me regularly over the past two weeks, to build the sense of excitement.)

adam

Did it work? Are you excited?

• Advertisement

Gagging for it. I'm just about to wash myself now (Dyno Rod just called to say they're on the way); then I have to spend a half hour deciding what to wear, like a girl; and then I have to walk there, to work off some of the enormous lunch I had in Clover Hill in preparation. You really needed to hear that, right?

So will anyone actually be there at 5?

Oh, and usual story if it's closed -- I'll be in the nearest pub (towards town) that's open.

adam

My plan is to be there at 5. Just organised a lift in :) I can almost taste the beer now *drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

stoopid work.... enjoy the pints guys, come online when ye get home and let the rest of us know how it goes*... I'll be online then anyway.. *sigh*

*that's if you can still type!

JohnK wrote:
    My plan is to be there at 5. Just organised a lift in :) I can almost taste the beer now *drool*
    I'm already after two pints of imaginary beer, an imaginary shot of tequila, and an imaginary Jagerbomb. My imaginary cocktail waiter is busy mixing my imaginary Old Fashioned right now.

DB, I'd like to write my message in advance if that's ok...

hEy DeeBEe, grat4 fek0n nigh y)o mished, feCon exKLKent! HIC! joN wa5 l0kd lieK, aN kILe wen... [zzz]... sOZ, feLL sl33p... but d3n KiL3 whn 2 de... [snore]...

adam

Won't be along until 7ish; aggravatingly have to get some stuff sorted tonight before I can head out. Adam, I'll give you a ring around then to find out where ye are...hopefully you'll not be passed the Gateway by then as I quite fancy stopping in there for a bit. But sure we'll see anyway.

Agh. Can't wait for beer, head is wrecked from work and a load of nonsense from the last week.

*looks at watch* Only 90 minutes to go!!!

Right, if any of the BBC newbies haven't chickened out, my number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, you can text that when you're coming in to find out where we are on the Enlightened Route Of Drunkeness.

Don't be a wuss now, it's Friday and all your friends are ghey, or boring, or both. No offense like.

Fysh, you're both. Offense intended.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

allow me to be the first BBC newbie to make feeble excuses.

I'll have to make it another time.

Lucky for you theres saturday & sunday :) Cant get away that easy!

• Advertisement

I'm heading in now. deRanged, its not to late to change you mind you know ;)

Advertisement