Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford dwellers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Up De Wexford Bois!

I spent sooo much time in Kilmore I hate the place. Hate it with a passion. I'm from Wexford, Fort Mountain, for the locals! but living in New Ross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AppleBack

wexhun wrote:
    :eek: I live not too far away from you Kilmore village...how bloody weird is that?!:eek: Small world!:)
    Haha, I guess it is a small world!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

You two could even know each other!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Hey, I'm from just outside Campile, go to school in New Ross, spend as much time as possible in Waterford. No good shops in New Ross, not much to do. And theres easy transport in Waterford, unlike Culchie-ville, where I live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Well lads whats the craic?
    From Rosslare Harbour know a good few lads in the Quay

Does anyone think Colony in town is the crap? Stores all the way!
    Up wexford!

• Advertisement

Store and Finnegans all the way baby!

Yeah I love the Stores too - its a great nightclub. Really interesting mix of people and ages!!

Brilliant music too.

Misswex, are you from the town or surrounding area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweety4uall

lazylad wrote:
    Im originally from Enniscorthy town. Livin out on the hills now near between new ross and e/crthy.

So thats the craic 2nite then!

Yiz are quare borin I cudnt even finish readin the posts!
    had a friend from enniscorthy.aint seen him in 10 years.jimmy kavanagh his name.sure theres lots of kavanaghs there.but worth a try.he b about 34 and has sister named nicola.know it a long shot but maybe u can help.ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

Well lads n lassies, howr ye all? Was at the stores last nite for the first time since it was done up and was impressed, the 3rd floor was the one for me, I think the first floor was for the younger crowd...well impressed with it have to say...well anything would have been an improvement wouldn't it!? Anyway anyone got any other recommondations whats chocolate like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

How many niteclubs is there actually in Wexford Town? I know theres Colony and The Stores but what other ones are there? Is there any in Enniscorty/New Ross/Gorey? Is The Hydro in Kilmuckridge still open? I dont think there is any in Ross anymore after the Colosuem closed down.

The colloseum never even opened hun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 loly

wexhun wrote:
    Well lads n lassies, howr ye all? Was at the stores last nite for the first time since it was done up and was impressed, the 3rd floor was the one for me, I think the first floor was for the younger crowd...well impressed with it have to say...well anything would have been an improvement wouldn't it!? Anyway anyone got any other recommondations whats chocolate like?

Was in chocolate last early last Summer one night and had a brill night. Actually was there twice, once in the bar and the second time in the nightclub. It was the first Wexford nightclub I was in and I was very impressed:cool: . Wasn't too packed....nice ya know?! Might have been a lil tipsy though:D . Blue saphire cocktails by the way are wicked!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Yeah Chocolate and upstairs in Renaissance are good! I also like Colony in Wexford town! There are Movitas and Benedicts in Enniscorthy and Jumping Jacks in Gorey, but I have not been in any of them though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

I'm from the town itself so howya everyone :D

Colony is immense, great atmosphere :cool: , Chocolate is good as well, ain't been in there since me mate who managed it left tho. Don't like stores as much, think its always way too crowded so yah cant enjoy yourself as much.

Anyone going to the Steve Davis thingy in the Riverbank hotel?

Steve Davis in the Riverbank???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

Statso, When is Steve Davis coming to the riverbank? Know the hubby wud be into that for def.

He is coming on the 8th of Feb, its a trick shot night with Steve Davis and a random member of the audience can get picked to play a frame against him too. :D

You can buy the tickets in Whites for music or the Riverbank hotel itself, 17.50 each i think, they only went on sale there on Wednesday so there should be plenty left. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

I know i'm not alone on this one when it comes to the Colony V's The Stores.
    That I loved the Colony when it first opened but after The Stores opened the Colony crowd became very very young,
    The Stores wd be more my age group but I much prefer The Colony it's much more of a nightclub than the Stores is ie music & it's layout.
    So we end up in the stores only cause the crowd is older !!

The new manager over the Colony rumour has it wants to make the place an over 21's nightclub so you might be able to go back in there soon :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

I've heard that rumour too ...
    They need to do something to revive the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 loly

Okay, I know that this is totally off the subject but as an outsider who has spent probably nearly a quarter of their life (that ends up being years!) in Wexford (more precisely Rosslare) between Summers, New Years, Easters and other bank holis I was just wondering what do you all really think of the invaders???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SG-Leper

Another Wexican here born and bred, from the north side of the county at the foot of Mount Leinster! Work in Dublin but gotta get down here at the weekends cos there be no better people on this isle! :)

New to this board so "Hello All"

Hello SG-Leper!! Nice of you to pop in and say hello :)

misswex wrote:
    Hello SG-Leper!! Nice of you to pop in and say hello :)
    Cheers misswex for the welcome.... back up in work today going through the weekly Monday morning blues! :)

Do you come down home every weekend?

Monday morning blues myself but sure its to be expected.

Hi again,
    Yeah I come home weekends, you see I play on a band so I need to get home for gigs and rehearsals etc, its the only time of the week I can find time to do these things! And ya got to do em as its helps taking the mind of work :)

Its funny how it works because I really like getting down for the weekend and then people who are home the whole week are like "Are ya mad! coming down to this dump......" Mad as a hatter me! :o

I see - your band any good?

Well I wouldn't call myself a wexford-basher as I think its one of the best counties. We have stunning coastline and fantastic woods/mountains and there is always something to do here so it isn't that bad.

Night scene wouldn't be great but sure we can't have everything. Thats what Galway is for :)

A bands worst critics are themselves so I'll refrain from answering that! Might break some board rules for obscenities!:D

Nah seriously we're not bad although we do play a particular brand of music which may not be considered as mainstream! Well known within our little niche though :)

• Advertisement

What niche would that be? Go on pimp your band, what are ye called?

Advertisement