Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooms on campus

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Worth every penny. Mmmmm hot water all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

EduCat wrote:
    Worth every penny. Mmmmm hot water all the time.

And, i've never heard complaints about the water pressure. Fantastic showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

cuckoo wrote:
    Fantastic showers.
    Fantastically box shaped and cramped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Fantastically box shaped and cramped

I stand corrected. Are you in the new revovated rooms in New Square? I was in old rooms in Front Square (although v nice rooms for Front Square), and the showers were large, wonderfully clean (still can't believe Trinity used to clean the bathroom for us - there are advantages to not having your 'own' shower) and a joy.

The showers in Botany Bay are good as well.

Anyone want to share a GMB shower review? What are Goldsmith's like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

The showers in Botany Bay have little or no hot water after 9.30am, at least in my house.
    Goldsmith showers = awesome. hot hot hot all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

cuckoo wrote:
    Are you in the new revovated rooms in New Square?
    If by newly renovated you mean 1960s round plug sockets in only one room, then Yes, otherwise No.
    cuckoo wrote:
    Anyone want to share a GMB shower?
    Hehe:v: :v:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll share.....

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bbrazil

cuckoo wrote:
    Anyone want to share a GMB shower review?

Good pressure and hot water.

Door doesn't close right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Trinity Halls showers are great for pressure too, and the bathrooms have underfloor heating which is nice. But some hot water at night would be just lovely (see previous rant about icy-cold showers).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

cuckoo wrote:

Anyone want to share a GMB shower review?

will you wash my back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

My Trinity Halls shower was great for pressure but towards the end of the year, they changed the shower head and it got rubbish! Really ruined it. They did this to everyone in my flat, didn't they do it to anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dearheart

IzzyWizzy wrote:
    My Trinity Halls shower was great for pressure but towards the end of the year, they changed the shower head and it got rubbish! Really ruined it. They did this to everyone in my flat, didn't they do it to anyone else?

Nope, my showerhead was raining men all year long. Mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

So when you apply for a campus room you select where you want it? If they don't have any left there do they give you one in another location or nothing? In other words, is it worth going for a crappier type room hoping there is more chance of getting it?

Which ones have TV and internet connections? I'd like both but could live without the internet, I'd need my cable TV though. In the ones listed as 'single', does that mean just a room? How many share the kitchen and bathroom? Is there a somewhat sociable atmosphere on campus or do people keep to themselves? I like peace and quiet sometimes but I hate feeling like the only person in the building, which happened last year at Trinity Hall believe it or not (flatmates went home at weekends)

Which rooms are known as the best and the worst? Is Goldsmith Hall preferable to campus itself? Heard from people who lived there last year that the atmosphere isn't very good/friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kitkat45

Anyone know what pearse street accomodation is like? website not very informative!

Advertisement