Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MEGA_MERGE] Who is who in UL + Pictures!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

ULSU forum is deserted
    People here use other sections of Boards anyway
    C&C forums only have their members (mostly) and mainly discuss their own activities.

not the GSoc forum, we talk all kinds of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

3rd year language and cultural studies...appearing soon as 'Someones Secretary' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

keevita wrote:
    3rd year language and cultural studies...appearing soon as 'Someones Secretary' biggrin.gif

ah ya shouldn't diss your own course, leave that to someone else...
    what language are you doing?
    i'm doing french through business but i'm in 4th year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

am I the only goth-y type person in UL this year? And I'm out on Co-op.

I really wish there were more goth girls around :/ Or any interesting kind of girls. Or guys. I'd love to see some hippie chicks walking around. I didn't come to college to get no damn hippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

goth-y eh?

hmm, you might like Dave. Wonder what Rory [rmacm] thinks....speaking of which, perhaps even rory :)

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    am I the only goth-y type person in UL this year? And I'm out on Co-op.

I really wish there were more goth girls around :/ Or any interesting kind of girls. Or guys. I'd love to see some hippie chicks walking around. I didn't come to college to get no damn hippies.

there isn't many around alright...
    there definitely should be more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

i too would like more goth girls in UL albeit for completely different reasons,i would go into more detail but i dont want to come across as more a pervert then i already am ;)

kaimera wrote:
    goth-y eh?

hmm, you might like Dave. Wonder what Rory [rmacm] thinks....speaking of which, perhaps even rory :)

The Dave I know isn't goth. He is quite a pretty man, but he's not goth ;) Might be a different Dave, the one I knew was doing Comp Sys.

There was one goth girl last year, with red and black hair, disappeared. There was Roni Sope, she's hardly around now though, doing a postgrad, the rest of Pagan soc have fecked off too :/ And my friend Kelly, though she's coming back.

Gods, ANY kind of interesting girl prone to dressing up all weird and dying their hair would be nice. I feel so damn alone.

would that be dave odd?
    why he calls himself that i dunno
    do ya have to be in pagan soc too?

edson wrote:
    would that be dave odd?
    why he calls himself that i dunno
    do ya have to be in pagan soc too?

The Dave I know did join Pagan soc, but never came because um... it sort of went down the pan by then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Hippie eh

I remember thinking that when i first met our housemate last year. she was wearing, what can only be described as a 'handkerchief' on her head.

Anyway i suppose she's not at this stage because she was a great laugh.....not that hippies cant be a good laugh just...well......errrrr i'll go now

/me walks towards the door making lots of noise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 timtheturtle

post grad in music. male 24yrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

klong wrote:
    2/HPSS, living with 2 engineers, 1 in aero, one in mech, in plassey

oh and im El Presidente on the SU forum :eek:
    tom??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    tom??
    Nope, not Tom.

I'm one of the engineers he lived with at time of posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dafranky

Currently Co-oping it up in the big bad world.when i feel like being a student I do Information Technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

dafranky wrote:
    <snip>...Information Technology.

*snigger*

I want to say it's a poor mans CompSys :p
    but I won't! ;)

have a few IT guys on co_op with me atm, prolly know them. IT are a 'close' bunch :p

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dafranky

kaimera wrote:
    *snigger*

I want to say it's a poor mans CompSys :p
    but I won't! ;)

have a few IT guys on co_op with me atm, prolly know them. IT are a 'close' bunch :p

:)

Ha ha.you just did say it.couldn really give a poo tho.its a crap course.cant really say its my thing.kinda just fell into it.3/4s of the way through now so it would be foolish to go back.can see the finish line and im puttin the head down till then.where ya Co-opin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mrs Tea

2nd year Industrial Chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

former comp sys head...... was based in the schuman building in those days of yore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

going into 4th year law and european studies and i'/\/\ going to oxegen tomorrow which is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

2nd year comp eng here! or is it still second year? maybe third? oh these bright and shiny lights here on boards.ie are making me dizzy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm a 22YO male Comp Sys-ter graduate. On my way back to do MSc Music Tech.. Yey! I've a feeling I know one or 2 of you guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Hey, I'ma 21 yr old Music graduate from Dublin, headin to UL in sept to do a Grad Dip in Education (Music)! Lookin froward to it, got great reviews bout the college............. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

hey, im going to be a future 1st year student nurse! I changed from ucc to ul cos it seems great. i bored during my pres and went out with pple i know in ul. Its mad. What can i expect???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

cornbb wrote:
    I'm a 22YO male Comp Sys-ter graduate. On my way back to do MSc Music Tech..

I finished that very course September of 2004, graduated at Xmas. That was my second stint at UL (6 years with B.Eng+M.Eng years before that). Their MusTech course is more about technology than music, or at least that was the way it was taught when I went through it.

We had just one written exam per semester, but stacks of substantial assignments for the other modules.

I hope you're familiar with the term sonic art, because you will be by the time you're finished! (Sonic art is also known as electroacoustic music, but I maintained minimal sanity by treating it as a collection of sound effects.) Prepare yourself for a lot of self-teaching, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sux2BYou

2nd Year El Eng...for the 2nd year in a row by teh looks of it...damn alcohol and Kilmurry... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

incisor71 wrote:
    I finished that very course September of 2004, graduated at Xmas. That was my second stint at UL (6 years with B.Eng+M.Eng years before that). Their MusTech course is more about technology than music, or at least that was the way it was taught when I went through it.

Cool, cheers for the tip off. I'd be more in the technical side of things anyway. Did you have luck getting employment in a relevant field after graduating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

Another few weeks and i'll be a "not so mature" mature student in 1st year comp sys. Going through the 3rd level educational system for a 2nd time, guess I didn't drink enough the 1st time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sux2BYou

Vuk wrote:
    Another few weeks and i'll be a "not so mature" mature student in 1st year comp sys. Going through the 3rd level educational system for a 2nd time, guess I didn't drink enough the 1st time round.
    Your liver hates you at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

Sux2BYou wrote:
    Your liver hates you at this stage...

True, but this time I'll drink it into submission :D

Advertisement