Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A gadget you'd like (existing or not)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

id love a time machine or something that could freeze time except for me!!! sweet as a nut joey, sweet as a nut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

That robot suit that ripley has in Aliens an ideal urban commute solution.

Beeping me are you - BITcH...
    Hell yeah! :D
    Or how about one of those jet-packs from Minority Report, we'd all be home from work in 10 minutes... no more rush hour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

magpie wrote:
    On a more serious note I'd love one of those vinyl cutters. Download MP3, burn to 12" vinyl. Sweet.
    3D printers exist, you can print to plastic !
    eg: http://www.dimensionprinting.com/product_specs.html
    prints to ABS - the same material LEGO is made from.
    SantaHoe wrote:
    Hell yeah! :D
    Or how about one of those jet-packs from Minority Report, we'd all be home from work in 10 minutes... no more rush hour.
    Reminds me of the Bond film "never say never again" and the lousy special effects of the polaris missile that becomes a one person aerial platform - totally impractical considering the cost and g force of a polaris launch. And to really rub it in that film is a remake of Thunderball - and they used a REAL jet pack back in the 60's - no dodgy special needed..
    Bell Textron Jet Pack

Featured in Thunderball (1965)

"No well dressed man should be without one" comments James Bond after he escapes from Jacques Boitier’s château during the fast paced pre-title sequence. Pursued by Boitier’s men, Bond straps the jetpack on and soars over the walls to the safety of his Aston Martin DB5 waiting outside. Able to carry its occupant up to 600 feet and remaining airborne for up to 4 minutes, this is truly a Bondian style gadget.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'd like a device that makes every mobile phone in a 50 foot radius ring as if they are getting a call.

And a set of plugs like earplugs that plug into your nose and filter the air into nice clean air.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

A Gizmondo. :) Almost everything you could want in one unit for €399. How innovative(sp?).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I would like Digital Binoculars, please
    magpix-b350-digital-camera-binoculars.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭L!aM

A transmogrifier
    Transmogrifier/Time machine? Get yourself a cardboard box :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

The music sharing thing with people with a certain radius is being researched by the mit media lab thing here in dublin.

the gadget i want? a robot that can bring me things: beer from the fridge, remote control, tv guide etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

fintan wrote:
    the gadget i want? a robot that can bring me things: beer from the fridge, remote control, tv guide etc.
    It's called a wife, no fancy gadgets needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

It's called a wife, no fancy gadgets needed.

The entry level model is called a 'dog'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Aha...there are 2 gadgets I want....

1. A portable pulse cellphone jammer (ideally on a keyring). Phone rings in cinema (or I see a lightsaber in the corner of my eye), flick a switch and a pulse of interferance is sent out to make all phones drop their signal for a few seconds.

2. A directional FM all-frequency messaging system. Contains an antenna mounted on the dashboard pointed forward. So when you see someone driving stupidly, in wrong lane of roundabout, driving 30 in a 40 zone, not indicating etc., you can point the antenna at them, click switch, and announce to them (over their own radio) what you think of their driving skills :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 whatsgoin'on

What i really,really,really,really,really,really,really want is a small box that can fit in your pocket but can do many things. like it can be a (not all of what i want in the box can be included in this message) TV, DvD player, Mp3 player, it can give you any kind of food or drink at any time ,a swiss army knife,can deal with girlfriends(translator) and reply in their own language etc etc
    Basically a box that can do any thing you ever wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

TmB wrote:
    1. A portable pulse cellphone jammer (ideally on a keyring). Phone rings in cinema (or I see a lightsaber in the corner of my eye), flick a switch and a pulse of interferance is sent out to make all phones drop their signal for a few seconds.

So when Uncle Matty has a heart attack in the cinema and little Sharon calls the ambulance...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

A Sport Billy Bag - it kinda fulfills all functions.

Oh oh or a pair of Rocket Powered JetPants

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rocket-launcher arm.
    ...and the rest of the suit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Here's a gadget I made myself. There were a few technical problems, power converters etc, but I got them sorted out

Mount a camera on the bonnet of your car.
    Remove your windscreen and replace it with a 48" flatscreen.
    Connect up the camera to the screen.
    The quality of the picture is amazing, it's just like looking out a window.

Do you think there's a market opportunity here ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

I really want a playstation portable. but they are not on sale in ireland for ages.
    anyone know anyone in china who can get me one? if so can you pm me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

A flux capicitor on ebay ;)

Advertisement