Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

just can't remember the name

• 25-11-2004 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

the film where ed norton kills the bishop in boston and richard gere is his lawyer???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Primal Fear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

lol 3 in a row, nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Make a whole thread like this!!! Name the movie :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

thanks lads whos next?
    hate that when u just can't put your finger on the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

ed norton is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC in that film.. one of the best performances EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

newband wrote:
    ed norton is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC in that film.. one of the best performances EVER!

Will "Wesley Crusher" Weaton, turned down the part. It made Norton's career.

Think about the what if;

Wesley Crusher "I'm not going to hit you" to Brad Pitt in fight club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

or will Will Weaton in American History X:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

just can't remember the name of that song

Its from Indiana jones and the temple of doom.I've downloaded the soundtrack and its not on it.Its a famous composition,john williams didnt compose it either.

Anyway heres the scene it was from

"After the movie leaves the comparative safety of Shanghai and relocates to deepest darkest India, so too the music takes on a much more treacherous, foreboding feel, with Williams adding slight dissonances, heavier strings and even bursts of the sitar to the now-familiar themes, which continue to reappear in leitmotif fashion. However, this is not to say that the score becomes repetitive. On the contrary, as well as maintaining the thematic presence, Williams adds some truly marvellous standalone cues to the proceedings, from the breathless action of 'Slalom on Mt. Humol', 'Bug Tunnel and Death Trap' and 'The Mine Car Chase', to the truly terrifying 'The Temple of Doom' with its frantic chanting chorus and unnerving synthesised drone, which underscores the scene where Indy and Willie Scott witness the evil Thuggees making sacrifices to the god Khali."

Think i'll actually go out and buy it if no one can get it.Really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

just buy the film, you can get the indiana jones box set for feck all now

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What makes actors do things like this?

What makes actors do things like this?

I've seen it, and frankly the conclusion I've come to crack cocaine, lots and lots of crack cocaine..........

Maybe it sounded better on paper, maybe the producer has incriminating evidence, maybe Norton sold his soul to get into movies, and then discovered satan "just happened to have this script lying around" and was really interested in getting into production.

We will never know for sure.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Which begs the question, what made you watch it? :D

Which begs the question, what made you watch it? :D

My old video shop, reel world (I used to work there) and was back in after an absence of time spent aboard.

I forgot that we had totally opposite tastes in film, and to my and my eyes regret it took his recommendations and it took, death to smooch, but I'm a cheerleader, breakfast of champions and diner rush to jog my memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

............... PRIMAL FEAR!..............

Sorry... i'm a bit late... did someone answer this already?

:)

PS - Great film!! Norton's performance is definantly one of the best in recent years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I liked Death to Smoochy...

I love the 'Your stepdad's not mean, he's just adjusting' song...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

$Leon$ wrote:
    the film where ed norton kills the bishop in boston and richard gere is his lawyer???

lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

did ed norton get an oscar nomination for primal fear? or am i thinking of something else?

A TV documentary series from maybe 90s about world war one or two or some war narrated by Henry Ramer. I searched so unless someone has it...

It was similar to the War In The Pacific series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Doesn't sound right but closest guess from a quick google is a 30 min production from 1960 called: Canada's Army Abroad

link: http://onf-nfb.gc.ca/en/our-collection/?idfilm=16616

Couldn't see an 80s/90s doc series about War on:

imdb: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0708174/

National Film Board of Canada: http://onf-nfb.gc.ca/en/our-collection/production-personnel/?pid=13639&nom=Henry%20Ramer&type=credit

He is listed on both as narrator for a few productions.

Also.. played Doctor Doom apparently 🙂

https://marvelanimated.fandom.com/wiki/Henry_Ramer

Thanks but not that. It was WW2 i think. It was a series on RTE every week for 30 or 40 mins. I searched agood deal surprising it is not mentioned. Ireme seeing his name as narrator several times. he is the best narrator I have heard.

He also narrates three documentaries on sin cities Berlin, Paris and Shangai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

I always love Mark Kermode's description of Richard Gere's acting career. It consists of blinking, looking down and exhaling through his nose.

Advertisement