Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brad Mehldau @ NCH

• 17-11-2004 3:26pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else see Brad Mehldau play solo in the National Concert Hall on Monday? He was bloody fantastic. He has an amazing style of playing, and showed just how versatile he is. Some parts were a little far out for me, but overall he blew me away. And what a version of Radiohead's Paranoid Android! I really didn't expect that...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

he recorded paranoid android. its on his album largo.
    cant believe I missed that gig. dmmit

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Borrowed Largo off a friend there - good stuff, but not really the sort of Brad Mehldau I'm used to! A lot more electronic than I expected, but still good. Nice version of Paranoid Android too.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

I enjoyed the concert too. His standards playing was very inventive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Yes Paranoid Anderoid was unbelieveable alright...class gig

• Registered Users Posts: 36 griffonmark

He was super in Cork at the Triskel: Hey Joe, Teardrop, Blackbird even a bit of Coldplay thrown in. For the life of me couldn't figure out what he played at the start? However not a word to the audience - a bow at the start, a bow and a wave at the end! Pity, I'd have loved to find out what he played. Great tho'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 YoungSpoon

Ahh. How did I miss that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

He's back again in the NCH in November

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Skidrow

Brilliant gig on Wednesday in NCH. Does anyone have the setlist?

Advertisement