Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A-team

Options
  • 15-11-2004 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

if were going to start talking about mac we hav 2 include the a team.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

you mean macgyver right.

Oh yeah the a Team

there was hanibal, face, murdock, BA and I cannot for the life of me remember that last one, if if there was even a last one.

and the black van

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

They also had Amy and Tania (man, she was frickin' smokin' hot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

the van had to be my favourite out of the whole show!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

Tis my life long dream to get a van and do it up like that!!! how cool wud that b

There was only four! Hanibal, Face, Murdock and B.a. Barockas!
    They were nearly as good as making things outa nothing as Mac was.....
    I once seen them turn a chair into a machihe gun!!

Oh the good times, My Sat afternoon used to always be Airwolf, the A team, mAC and of course Knightrider!!

I love the A team..... mayb a film in the pipes but it could never b anything like the orignl. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

There was only four! Hanibal, Face, Murdock and B.a. Barockas!

Nope, there were 5, his name was Frankie Santana, can't remember how or why he joined them, but think he was forced on the team when the started to work for Robert Vaughn

• Advertisement

Cactus Col wrote:
    Nope, there were 5, his name was Frankie Santana, can't remember how or why he joined them, but think he was forced on the team when the started to work for Robert Vaughn
    he joined is series 5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Ìs it true they are making a film ?

yeah i heard rumours about that as well!!! and mr t will be in it but not in his original role as BA!!! "i pity the fool who messes up my part"

it could never be as good as the real thing never, no matter how good they try to make it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Sorry should have had a look first. Film forum has recent thread open on the subject.

A Team Movie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i want to buy that van! I believe they still have the original one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Eh... since Hannibal is dead, I'm assuming the parts are gonna be played by different people. Never gonna be the same without the original cast. And no doubt they'll fùck up the theme tune aswell.

most defo, i was in the states recently and seen the van that im going to buy and do up! how cool
    i was playing in a band and we did the whole theme tune by percussion only it was well cool!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Anyone remember the episode with Boy George in it? Was on one of those Shouldn't happen to a celebrity shows recently I think. Funny in a chringing sort of way.

Also, I never knew Face had a real name until I saw an interview with Dirk Benedict recently on some show. Since Murdock, BA and Hannibal weren't what an 8 year old would consider real names either I just assumed that was the way it was.

Is it true that no one ever died or even got hit by a bullet in The A-Team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

kind of caught the Boy George episode in the middle and watched it, in the end didnt he and his band start singing for all those cowboys? I bet they dont hear Karma Chameleon very much in Texas :p

I believe no one was killed in the A-Team. I think the number of rounds of bullets used was ridiculous and no one was killed. I heard it was something to do with the regulator of the tv around that time. not sure though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

The A-team was brillant so many memories. Hulk Hogan on the show helping The A-team that was great when I was a kid. Face was the man though always getting the ladies by the end of the show.

theres a reminder remember that show with hulk hogan and the speedboat thingie *thinks* mayb that was a dream i had last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

jor el wrote:
    Is it true that no one ever died or even got hit by a bullet in The A-Team?

Actually a few people got shot, (though they always recover) and once or twice people would die. But they only died when it helped the plot. It's actually the complete reverse of Star Trek, where if you had a bit part, you were f*cked. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

theres a reminder remember that show with hulk hogan and the speedboat thingie *thinks* mayb that was a dream i had last night!

that was called Thunderbay i think him and another guy with some superboat........

anyone seen that episode of the A team with boy george in it? lol

thats good at least it wasnt my overactive imagination!
    i tend to suffer alot from that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

jomanji wrote:
    Actually a few people got shot, (though they always recover) and once or twice people would die. But they only died when it helped the plot. It's actually the complete reverse of Star Trek, where if you had a bit part, you were f*cked. :eek:

The best one I remember is one where a helicopter crashes into a mountain and explodes but the people inside it crawl out... class :)

i love when they have to take ba on a plane
    " i aint going on no plane fool"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Was a huge fan of The A-Team growing up. I remember the episode with Boy George alright.

A couple of people did die in The A-Team, actually. One episode I can remember had a guy being pushed off the top of a building but deaths were very, very rare in The A-Team.

And even as a young kid watching it I always thought they were pretty lousy shots for a "crack commando unit", seeing as they never actually managed to hit anyone! :D

For future reference, the proper, full names of The A-Team members were:

Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
    Lieutenant Templeton "Face" (or "Faceman") Peck
    Sergeant Bosco "B.A." (for "Bad Attitude") Barracus
    Captain H.M. "Howlin' Mad" Murdock

I too remember the Hulk Hogan high-powered-armed-to-the-teeth-superboat-type programme. It was actually called 'Thunder In Paradise' and was sort of a Knight-Rider-on-the-water kind of thing. A bit cheesy in places but not all that bad, actually.

And wasn't it amazing how B.A would always fall for the old glass-of-milk-with-the-crushed-up-sleeping-tablets-mixed-in or drugged-hamburger trick any time they had to get him on a plane! :D

B.A.:"I ain't gettin' on no plane, fool!"
    Hannibal: "Sure, no problem, B.A. Don't worry, we won't be flying anywhere."
    B.A.: "You promise?"
    Hannibal: "I promise. Now, here, have a burger. Or perhaps a glass of milk."
    B.A.: "Ok."

I love it when a plan comes together! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

i love when they have to take ba on a plane
    " i aint going on no plane fool"

here, B.A. drink this glass of milk.

Advertisement