Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A-Team Movie

Options
  • 11-11-2004 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Now that the movie is in production (2006) with James Bond screenwriter Bruce Feirstein penning it and saying it will be a darker less cartoony film, who do you think would be a good cast?

Ving Rhames and Michael Duncan Clarke have both been mentioned in the rumour press as BA and Jim Carrey is the media favourite for Murdoch.

Face and Hannibal seem the harder to cast.

Personally I think Pitt (in Tyler Durden mode) would make a good Face-man but I'd like to see a more con-man like character in there so maybe someone like Ed Norton would be a good pick (see him in The Score ).

Hannibal is a hard one, Clooney has been mentioned as has Pacino (puzzled me to be honest).

Whats the ideal line up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

for me it would have to be

Now that the movie is in production (2006) with James Bond screenwriter Bruce Feirstein penning it and saying it will be a darker less cartoony film, who do you think would be a good cast?

Michael Duncan Clarke as BA
    Jim Carrey as Murdoch.
    Ed Norton/Johnny Depp/Christian Bale as Face
    Johnny Depp/Donald Sutherland/Martin Sheen/John Malkovich as Hannibal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

If they wrote it so they could use clips from the original show for all the Hannibal bits it would solve so may problems. Can't see anyone really fitting the bill.

As regards Pitt, I could see it but for me face had a certain class, smooth charm, a ladys man but not in the way Brad is. Brads too hollywood hansom, if that makes any sense.

Michael Duncan Clarke has a very distinctive voice, not sure its suited to BA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kegathor

Eoin "The Bomber" Listen as B.A.
    Pat Spillane As Hannibal
    Cake from Roscommon as Murdock
    Marty Morissey as Face....

You could call it The gaA-team..wha wha wha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

sprinkles wrote:
    As regards Pitt, I could see it but for me face had a certain class, smooth charm, a ladys man but not in the way Brad is. Brads too hollywood hansom, if that makes any sense.
    For real. Face always had an air of smooth about him, like he was trying really hard to be impressive. But he also had this sinister, sleazy air. Like if all his attempts at impressing a girl didn't work, he'd just rape her instead.

So for that reason, I nominate Rob Lowe as the perfect Face. Although he's probably getting on in years now.

For some reason, I've always been fond of the idea of Mel Gibson as Hannibal. He could always play that cocksure, cheeky leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

he's is so good as barcaly...

Gregory Peck is dead isn't he, what are other two up too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

chewy wrote:

The three remaining members of the original cast are lined up for cameos in the film...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

the a team starsky and hutch and a few other retro 70s tv shows
    giving re birth
    just hope the banana splits never gets a re do........lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, at least they're changing the formula of taking a semi-serious TV show and making a comedy movie out of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

chewy wrote:
    George Peppard, you mean? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

chewy wrote:

The old face man rents out a cruise ship and sails away with his fans/groupies every year. TRUE! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

ObeyGiant wrote:
    For some reason, I've always been fond of the idea of Mel Gibson as Hannibal. He could always play that cocksure, cheeky leader.

Funny you should mention that. I don't know if you knew this or not, but Mel Gibson was originally planning to make an A-Team movie, and he was going to play the part of Hannibal himself. Don't know if he still has any involvement in this new project or not (probably not) but, I have to agree, I think he would make a pretty good Hannibal.

As for the other characters, I'm not sure. I'd have to think about that. Though, for some reason, I would disagree with the choice of Jim Carrey as Murdock. I think he'd just play it too over the top, too crazy, and wreck it. Remember, the thing about Murdock in the TV show (brilliantly played by Schultz, I must say) was that you never quite knew if he really was crazy or if it was all just a put on. Many times you questioned it as he could often appear to be a very sane guy and made you think that perhaps it was all just an act. Carrey wouldn't be subtle like that, he'd probably just go all-out into Ace Ventura mode (like so many of his films!) and start going nuts and pulling weird faces and stuff, which would ruin it, in my opinion. It's a character and role which needs that fine balance between the sane and insane and leaves you wondering "What is that guy really all about?"

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

You could call it The gaA-team..wha wha wha

brilliant... let's take the idea and go to Hollywood...

I think the whole cast where brilliant and there was a great dynamic between the characters.

The story was always the same but that really didn't matter.

introduce good guys in small town
    bring in bad bold ugly land grabbing bullies
    bring in A team (who are always supprisingly close to towns with ugly land grabbing bullies arround - don;t you think ;-))
    build a big bunsh of sh!t with close-up welding shots
    blow like everything fkn sky high
    see ugly land grabbing bullies run to horison... probably to bullie poor little town people

The bit I always loved was that an A-Team seriouse used up more T&T then the battle of Kursk... but not a single scratch.

I tell, you would not go to see the A-Team movie because it doesn't matter how many brains and tallents sit at this... they just wouldn't get the formula right!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭fitz

I wonder will the only thing to actually get shot to pieces still be the innocent nearby shrubs, or will some bad guys actually get killed...

Man I loved the A-Team....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

i just found a few of my a team action figures in the attic last night when i was rooting round for xmas decorations

QUOTE .. I AINT GETTIN IN NO PLANE FOOL........LOL
    any body remember a freaky tv show show on a friday on bbc1 called big john little john about a school teacher that could change in to a teenage kid . it was weird .

god the memorys of the them rainy days watchin the hulk and all them programs .

makes me shed a tear .
    lol the rubbish on now adays is so lame

ohh and heres another one i just got on dvd does any one remember the city of gold cartoon exelent .

the attachment is what im gonna watch the weekend modern classic .lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Can't see Jim Carrey playing any part in this. He is after all Hollywood A-list and probably wouldn't 'lower' himself to be in a film where it wasn't 99%+ percent about him.

I'd imagine this will just go down the Starsky formula of turning the show into an Ironic tribute with a bunch of safe comedy /jobbing actors:

5 second casting session #293
    Face - Edward Burns
    Murdock - Jack Black
    BA - Jason Statham
    Hannibal - Bill Murray/Vince Vaughan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Mr T doesn't look much older! Keep him.

Hah, when you type mr.t in Google image searchm you get a picture from boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DJPJ

I pity the damn fool that tries to play Mr. T!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

George Clooney as Hannibal (Or Brendan Gleeson, or Peirce Bronsnan)
    Sam Rockwell as Murdoch (or Johnny Depp)
    Booker T or The Rock as BA (Booker T from wwe)
    Face is the hardest ... possibly Jude Law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Cactus Col wrote:
    Booker T or The Rock as BA (Booker T from wwe)

The Rock? wtf.

I like the idea of Mel Gibson playing Hannibal, he's got the same sort of attitude.
    will it be set in the 80's or will they be Gulf War vets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

echomadman wrote:
    The Rock? wtf.
    Why not the Rock?

He's got the muscles, he's got the charisma, Mr. T. is too old at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Hannibal - Mel or George Clooney
    Face - Sam Rockwell
    Murdcock - Ben Stiller (might mean Owen Wilson for Face)
    BA - Michael Clarke Duncan (or is he too big to fit in the van?) or Ving Rhames

Decker\Bulldog\Lynch - Gene Hackman maybe? Or, how about Tommy Lee Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

And just to show that this time round it might be for real - IMDB has an entry here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I always thought that if Three Kings had ended a little differently, it would have made an excellent prequel to a modern A-Team movie.

The cast worked very well together and could have been easily interchangable for A-Team characters.

Clooney-Hannibal
    Mark Whalberg-Face
    Spike Jonze-Murdock
    Ice Cube-Mr. T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Hanibal - Robert Redford
    BA - Ving Rhames
    Face - Richard Dean Anderson
    Murdock - Bruce Cambell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

chewy wrote:

gregory peck was an actor years ago and had nothing to do with the A-Team. your confusing him with a combination of george peppard(actor who played hannibal) who is dead. and templeton peck, face's alias he used to use when conning people. what was the actor who played face's name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

skywalker wrote:
    what was the actor who played face's name?

Dirk Benedict

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Hannibal = George Clooney
    Murdock = Will Ferrel
    B.A. = Michael Duncan Clarke
    Face = Brad Pitt (yeah I know but I think he could pull it off)
    Now that the movie is in production (2006) with James Bond screenwriter Bruce Feirstein penning it and saying it will be a darker less cartoony film

The thing is, that cartoony aspect is what made the A-team so popular and last so long. One of the best things in the series was when they "customised"
    cars and stuff to get homemade tanks and the likes.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I always thought that if Three Kings had ended a little differently, it would have made an excellent prequel to a modern A-Team movie.

The cast worked very well together and could have been easily interchangable for A-Team characters.

Clooney-Hannibal
    Mark Whalberg-Face
    Spike Jonze-Murdock
    Ice Cube-Mr. T

That would actually work really well and it's a tried and tested group of actors.

One thing that always made me laugh about the A-Team that not only was nobody ever killer or even shot, but sometimes when a car overturned after hitting yet another bush, you could hear the baddies in the car ask each other if they were ok. It was like they wanted to let you know that there were no injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Murdock - Will Ferrell
    Face - Owen Wilson
    B.A. - 50 Cent? Failing that, Ice Cube is good, or LL Cool J?
    Hannibal - George Clooney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Gonzorex

Hannibal: Gay Byrne (the boss!)
    Face: Pat Kenny (and not for his charisma)
    B.A: Derek Davis (a shade too light, right circumference though)
    Murdoch: Howling Mad Charlie Bird (years of manic delivery in preperation
    for this moment)

I was thinking Gerry Ryan for Hannibal as he likes to think he knows his cigars but he's had his nine lives on the box . . .

Transport: 2fm Roadcaster circa '91 (well its black isn't it?), the front seat still smells like Barry Lange.

Advertisement