Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlestar Galactica, Episode 5: "You can't go home again"

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was crap
    it would be more interesting if they captured him and started disecting him to make a new model cylon tbh...
    LOL - you'd be one evil bitch of a scripter.

As to the whole retro thing - we've established that, due to Cylon infiltration, they have to use old tech. What locations could they avoid it? What locations are impervious to Cylon attack thus allowing the use of electronics? Even the rag-tag fleet could be attacked so everyone should be toning down their equipment. Or are you saying they could use isolated subsystems? I mean I'm somewhat content to let it be - for example, how does the phone system work. The handsets are clunky but how is the signal transmitted? Digitally? Can't it be messed with then, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

It was great
    I was more refering to the planetside scenes - where there is no reason for it to be low tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

It was OK
    ... other than the fact that it's all been wiped out by nukes and EMP :D

c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

It was great
    I think an implication in the series (it goes into it in the last two episodes of the series) is that they originally came from Kobol and then lost their technology somehow (look at all the antique weaponry and model sailing ship in Adama's quarters), and then clawed their way back to the stars.

Not the best way to do it, imo-12 solar systems revert to barbarism? Either way, there's a real feeling of the orignal Homeworld in it. :p

It was great
    Really? Cant wait for a shipyard to warp in then ;)

Not really complaining about it coz I like the feel the retro look gives the series - just would be nice to see a few more modern bits of technology like the Mk7 Viper.

Also would have liked the cylons to have something better than than a machine gun attached to their arms.

[edit] Maybe they could do an ep with the 2nd surviving Battlestar (Atlantis/Atlantica??) from the original series redone as an ultra modern mofo of a starship - all curves and purple glowing bits :eek:

Im just a fussy bugger tho .. still the best scifi on the telly atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

It was great
    Maybe they could do an ep with the 2nd surviving Battlestar (Atlantis/Atlantica??) from the original series redone as an ultra modern mofo of a starship - all curves and purple glowing bits :eek:

There was a brief shot in the pilot as Boomer and Helo are drifting towards Caprica of the remains of a battle. If you look closely, all the destroyed Battlestars look identical to the Galactica.

It was great
    really? thats not what the pilot implied - I thought Galatica was being retired/turned into a museum coz it was 70 years old and obsolete? My presumtion being that they had moved on from the skeletal look since then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

It was crap
    I reluctantly voted as only ok.

It was a good episode but spoiled by how easily Starbuck flew the Cylon ship. And patching up the hole by jamming her suit in it!

Still, the series as a whole is shaping up nicely. Looking forward to Episode 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It was OK
    I finally saw the episode yesterday, I clicked the option "great" on the poll. The hole plugged by the suit was a little annoying; perhaps these ships have some kind of very short range deflector shield that keeps space dust etc from damaging the hull...etc. Maybe she just had to block up the hole just to sort her o2 problem. It would have been better if she had somehow bolted the hole shut with a spare piece of metal.

Only a minor complaint!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

It was OK
    Just saw the repeat on sky, missed it earlier in the week.

A very good ep. Only problems were ... if she could only see out the slit, how did she manage to invert the foghter and fly in formation with APOLLO.

Also, with only 2 vipers available and loads of pilots... why did they let noob Hot Dog take the bird up. Surely he would have been sidelined in favour of someone with combat experience!

Anyway, cool ep. I'm gonna stop picking holes in it now. The series is turning into something that i could buy on dvd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement