Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD clothing

Options
  • 09-11-2004 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭

Lame or acceptable? ;) lol im only kidding like no offence to anyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

if ur american or x-tcd then acceptbale.otherwise lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

it's almost acceptable if its like DU Tramp Club or DU Tennis or DU Boxing etc.

but just TRINITY, is a wee bit. hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I have been known to wear a TCD Paintball soc t shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

The trinity gaa apparel is pretty kewl, even outside of college. Yeah the hoodies, I dunno they're fine in college IMO, or to bring abroad. But I'd never wear them around home. It would be considered snobbish. That's nay good, nay good at all...

DURNS hoodies are fairly cool looking too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
    DURNS hoodies are fairly cool looking too...

And quite reasonable too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

you can buy them?

Yes, I think there's an order taking place soon for them. If you're interested, email Frankie

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

ApeXaviour wrote:
    The trinity gaa apparel is pretty kewl, even outside of college. Yeah the hoodies, I dunno they're fine in college IMO, or to bring abroad. But I'd never wear them around home. It would be considered snobbish. That's nay good, nay good at all...

Yeah I agree with all that. Im doing the J1 thing this summer so I might buy one of the hoodies. There's a good chance another Irish person would come over and talk if I was wearing one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

as regards the hoodies -maybe not the grey ones with trinity on them, but id wear the navy one with just TCD on it

• Advertisement

Chick wrote:
    as regards the hoodies -maybe not the grey ones with trinity on them, but id wear the navy one with just TCD on it

Why? Cos it'd make you look american? Fricken anarcho-capitalist-evil-bible-thumping-ignorant-sods (well 51% of them n anyway).
    Nah the grey one looks grand methinks... not for home use but yeah..

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Why? Cos it'd make you look american? Fricken anarcho-capitalist-evil-bible-thumping-ignorant-sods (well 51% of them n anyway).
    You really need to get over your Trinity-related shame..

should he? there is so much to be shameful about though isnt there? the good things are quite often dwarfed by the stupid annoying things.

I don't see what the problem is. He's kept his accent, he doesn't try to be someone he isn't. That's all that matters really. The snobbery that used to go with a Trinity education is no longer present, thanks to free fees. If you get into Trinity, it's because you deserve to, not because of how rich your Daddy is.

It's probably one of the most prestigious colleges in Ireland, thanks to its age and prolific history. I mean, sure, there's a lot of mincing upperclass British crap in the past, but not any more.

And many of the annoying things are probably not Trinity-specific - they have BOPs in UCD too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Intel

they have BOPs in UCD too!

As a UCDhead, I can say that they're ONLY in Arts......so that doesn't really count, now does it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Dammit, it's THE most prestigious college in Ireland!

ah pet ur missing the point completely.

it's not about accents or how big or small your parent's salaries are. "one of the most prestigious colleges" well there's only about 8 big ones on the island. in my opinion trinity resests too much on its false prestige laurels.

but it's not all bad, most of the academic staff are bang on and very obliging if u actually ask them something. but the f**kers in the canteens and luce and places like that are just rude people. although the two guys in the buttery bar last night were cool.

enough of that, i'm not for ranting.

people that go to places for their prestige are the type of fools that pay 8 euro for a bottle of mineral water, feel important cos they sat in the same room as f**king kerry mcfadden, oh yeah no ranting. i'd swap our "prestige" for a proper sports centre anyday. but those fools in america like prestige. meh, sports centres are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 film ed tfm

sorry but whats a BOP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Intel

sorry but whats a BOP?

A 'BOP girl' :o - starting from the top and moving down (B)Blonde, (O)Orange, (P)Pink.

also known as oompa loompas :eek:

• Advertisement

people that go to places for their prestige are the type of fools that pay 8 euro for a bottle of mineral water, feel important cos they sat in the same room as f**king kerry mcfadden, oh yeah no ranting. i'd swap our "prestige" for a proper sports centre anyday. but those fools in america like prestige. meh, sports centres are cool.

I do agree that TCD are a bit lazy when it comes to courses - they do rely on their reputation a bit too much. Other colleges give better science degrees (B.Sc's). The thing is though, if you're looking to do a post-grad in another country, eg the US or China or somewhere, TCD is well-known, whereas UCG might not be. That's where the advantage is. And I wanted to keep my options open.

As I said, nowadays, most people don't really care what college you go to (at least not the people I know) thanks to the free tuition scheme. The doors are open and anyone with the points can get in.
    enough of that, i'm not for ranting.

Why not? Go right ahead, you'll feel much better. ;)

yeah i suppose trinity does better degrees then a cinema. (nui Galway).

No offense, but I love the way 99% of science freshers have this idea in their head, i'll do my 4 year degree here, then I'll do a phd in a cool university somewhere, then i'll get a job starting off at 120,000 a year doing cool enjoyable stuff. if only life was that simple. But unfortunetly, Carlbergs doesn't do science careers. sh**ty beer too actually.

Pet wrote:
    Other colleges give better science degrees (B.Sc's).
    What the?

Ok so we get BA mods.. it's given that name for historical reasons (don't ask). But how in God's name would that mean you have a sub-standard degree?

No offense, but I love the way 99% of science freshers have this idea in their head, i'll do my 4 year degree here, then I'll do a phd in a cool university somewhere, then i'll get a job starting off at 120,000 a year doing cool enjoyable stuff. if only life was that simple.

Hey that's my plan! :p
    Yeah obviously it's not that simple.. First you need to get at least a 2:1 in your degree. Next you need to have your phD in a discipline with industrial research application. Nobody starts on 120G a year I don't care who you are..

Also (in as far as phys goes n anyway) TCD is a cool university, but only for materials/foam based research. Not my area of interest.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    No? why would I wanna look American lol?

TCD in navy.. That's the style of all the american uni's. Navy hoodies with UCLA etc. and all that sheet

oh i didnt know that lol, i thought all the american ones were grey so thats why i wanted navy!!

i mean navy with silvery white writing you know that dont you? im confused....

just buy a DURNS hoodie!

John2 wrote:
    just buy a DURNS hoodie!
    You whore.

• Advertisement

I'm not a member of durns so I'd look like a right twat!!

i wont have much choice with the whole clothing thing after christmas anyway lol cos were on placement so we have to wear our uniforms anyways

Advertisement