Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new forums: The cuckoo's nest and The Thunderdome

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

oh man this is great :) I like the nest idea alright...looks like the admins are the mods of it ...nicewan.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Who's going to be Tina Turner for Thunderdome ?

Me, obviously.

*gets out mad hair wig, stupid dress and does private dance*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.... will be interesting to see the kind of stuff that ends up being posted in there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Whenever I see or hear 'nest' the next word that springs into my mind is 'rats'.

It only started recently and I'm not exactly sure why, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

this RE*AC*TOR character needs to be the mod of some sort of forum related mechanism . . oh! what have we got here Thunderdome needs a mod. simple addition

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moriarty wrote:
    Whenever I see or hear 'nest' the next word that springs into my mind is 'rats'.

It only started recently and I'm not exactly sure why, but there you go.
    That's mad because whenever someone mentions the word 'rats' when discussing 'nests' I always think of 'rats nest soup'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

whoa..

Brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nutkase

Nice idea one basic flaw, somebody like me will spoil the cuckoo nest with sensible ideas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

tman wrote:
    i'm the perfect mod for the cuckoos nest tbh... JUST LOOK AT MY AVATAR!
    Mine's madder.

/me offers modly services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

nutkase wrote:
    Nice idea one basic flaw, somebody like me will spoil the cuckoo nest with sensible ideas

Which is why a silly fool needs to be a moderator.

I'm silly. Let me play.

Bard wrote:
    Mine's madder.

/me offers modly services.

He is already mod of a stupid forum (Theatre). :p

Let me play. I will issue warnings to folk who dare to bring sense and sensibility to The Cuckoos Nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

But embee's already op of a stupid IRC channel....

Actually, I support embee as mod. She's definitely sufficiently silly.

Banana.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

jack.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

DeVore wrote:
    Ok. I've created two new forums:

The Cuckoo's Nest is alt.stupid for Boards. Fill it full of stupidity and surreality and idiocy. It will serve as a lightening rod for the rest of us to be free of you. :)
    Seriously, its going to be very lightly moderated and is for silly discussions and polls and what have you. Posts there will NOT contribute to your post count and it wont show up on the front page.

Finally FYAD for boards.ie ;)
    Been waiting (and have requested) this for ages :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

hey can i be mod of the The Cuckoos Nest. please please please mr. devore sir!!! :) everyone tells me that im not right in the head!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'm not going to beg.... but look at my name. Dr. Loon. Eh? I think the cuckoos nest suits me down to the ground. I'm battling it out with Embee.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Well jaysus, if its names we're going on the basis of, look no further than my good self...

I'm reckless me!!!

:eek:

Dr. Loon wrote:
    I'm not going to beg.... but look at my name. Dr. Loon. Eh? I think the cuckoos nest suits me down to the ground. I'm battling it out with Embee.

"embee" means "silly" in some language. I can't remember which one though.

woosaysdan wrote:
    hey can i be mod of the The Cuckoos Nest. please please please mr. devore sir!!! :) everyone tells me that im not right in the head!!! :)

You aren't even SILLY. Sweet Jeebus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Isn't it like a catch 22 situation....you have to be silly for Dev to let you be mod but you are obviously not silly if you want to be mod! or something like that

I read a book about catch 22situations, once....just can't seem to remember the title... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

RuggieBear wrote:

I read a book about catch 22situations, once....just can't seem to remember the title... :D

I read that book too. I think it was called one flew over the cuckoos nest.

The Muppet wrote:
    I read that book too. I think it was called one flew over the cuckoos nest.

Yeah that might be it...or maybe it's The Heart Of Darkness.....i wish i could remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

RuggieBear wrote:
    Yeah that might be it...or maybe it's The Heart Of Darkness.....i wish i could remember...

Think it was called "Anne and Barry Burn Down the Scout Hall"

Think it was called "Anne and Barry Burn Down the Scout Hall"

Yeah that sounds familiar.....actually very similar to a film i saw the other day, think it was called "The Famous Five do Dallas"....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

So just to recap:
    1)Dev has created a forum to encourage spam...
    2)Has devised a competition where to enter one should come to the feedback forum asking to be mod....
    3)And to win prove how stupid they are..........

sounds........GREaT. Can I be mod, I 4m teh l337!!! :);):p

Would simply asking to be mod prove my stupidity? (or if you need more proof I have photos of my attempts to "reclaim the campus" wednesday :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i think the rep system should be disabled on both threads also! just a thought is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The Tunderdome will most likely be full of Soccer threads... As long as the mods throw them in there of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

No Mods Of My Forum.

Fyad Fyad Lol

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I will aid in the modding of the forum.

... you can even change my nick to Jack Nicholson (or Randle Patrick McMurphy) for effect :p .

Advertisement