Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growing up in Ireland....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

What about coming in from football, and finding that your knees were green *underneath* your jeans?

Or mixing up water and food colouring and spreading it on mariettas, then bunging them in the fridge for half an hour. Beautiful!

Or putting diluted orange in the freezer for an hour then eating the result.

Or daring your friends to jump off higher and higher surfaces (oil tanker, shed roof, second floor window, etc) until one of you was hurt.

Or playing army with hurls for guns.

Or setting up assault courses in your garden after watching Superstars and timing each other around them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

byte wrote:
    Excellent post, Climaxer. That surely brings back the memories. I fondly remember the TK Lemonade and Ice Cream concoctions!

That TK Lemonade was rotten, i dont know why thats all we had at that time in the house :) true though about the tk orange and chunks of ice cream in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Ruu wrote:
    That TK Lemonade was rotten

There was also a Taylor Keith or Savage Smith product called American Cream Soda? So sugary it could dissolve the enamel on your teeth at 20 paces. We were a goldmine for dentists back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Jesus tapdancing Christ they still make Cream Soda;

http://www.cantrell.ie/our_brands/tk.htm

Also Raspberryade - I'd forgotten about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

isn't tanora still made?

Only ever seen it in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Or putting diluted orange in the freezer for an hour then eating the result.

Ah those were the days. The kits for making DIY ice pops were popular then. I used to use anything from Coke to Fanta to diluting KiaOra! If I'd money I'd get Mr Freeze things, usually thawed, seldom frozen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MariaRyan

I loved those golf ball chewing gums - I can still taste them and I was always picked last - Grrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

MariaRyan wrote:
    I loved those golf ball chewing gums - I can still taste them and I was always picked last - Grrr!

So true :) except those awful aniseed golf ball chewys

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

We had cadet orange and golly bars. We played elastics and "cc my playmate" handclapping. What about kiss chase where you used to bash heads all the time, or handstands to see who could stay upside down the longest?

Oh and ringing doorbells and running away....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

40 - 40 - a legendary game

• Advertisement
Advertisement