Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone explain the POTA ending. (Spoilers)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by _CreeD_:
    Havent seen the movie, but from what you've described they could be hinting at 2 things.

1. The good old sci-fi pet of parallel dimensions. He didn't just move in time, but also 'sideways' into an alternate reality.
    B]</font>

MOvie = Loved it. Ending = I think Creed got it in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BOW BEFORE ME I HAVE THE ANSWER (i think)

-Planet of the apes the original film is the fake not the new one (notice confused looks)

-the new film is closer to the original then the original how???

in 1967 (i think) there was the BOOK! Planet of the apes...DADADAAAA!!!!!!!!

ANd it ends like the newer film not like the old.... I havnt read it all, i didnt even buy it i saw it in virgin picked it up and read the back cover and it reads like the newer film so i pick a page at random and i read things mixed from both films (nova not being able to speak etc etc) Not bothering to actually buy and read i decide to see which film was closer and read the final pages. He goes back to earth yadadada with Nova and a son when he lands he sees a car approaching and a gorrilla general gets out of it. Book ends there.

So i answered nothing but it explains tim burtons logic and maybe if someone reads the book they can tell us how it makes sense. Should we ask in literature. The general though was to give it a more personal look me thinx.

People of the Boards

I have a cunning plan

and before u ask how cunning

just trust me its cunning

oooo thats cunning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Someone told me that the book ending is that the guy sees Orly Airport instead of the Statue of Lib. I've just started reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

well basically the man got into a relashionship with a toaster which tried to take over the world but woz spoiled by the adventure club!!!...oh wait your talking bout pota??????????oh i thought you were talking bout that low budget film by gerald brisco "the adventure club".....sorry

"A Master vampire that can walk in day light.....unstopable...unless we stop him!" from John Carpenters Vampires

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What if there are 2 films - the first 118 minutes and the second one thirty seconds long?

Getting back to the whole racism thing in the sixties. What if this 30 seconds is merely meant as a pun? If it is merely to show up our inherent speciesism?

Oh, man can fly - but a flying monkey is a dangerous thing ..... after all it is a satirical movie!

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I had read the book years ago after watching the first movie. To be honest the ending in the new Planet Of The Apes really surprised me. They usually don't go for original endings.

In fact the new movie was closer to the book in that it wasn't earth that he landed on.

It might have been an ok ending for a book written decades ago, but for a modern movie? It's just annoying and cheesy.

Advertisement