Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Limerick Bands youve heard

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chicky

Lads

great bands from Limerick - FREE BEER. They are a brilliant trad band that sing stuff the wolfe tones etc. Worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

free beer are a decent band. also touché are decent too. both student bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Sheol

blessed darkness are pretty f*ckin brilliant too...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dave wrote:
    We're called stuka. Only starting out. Playing in the Stables in UL tonight.
    Holy crap, i think my band played the same gig. We're full shred and we played last but came 2nd in the comp to knapweed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have seen Blue Moose play down in Smyths a couple of times.

The Alvin Purple Experience are also good.

That reminds me I almost killed Alvin one night in the Perry, he was up singing and as he regularly does hangs the microphone around this neck. Well I was passing going to the bar when I got my leg caught on the microphone cable and Alvin nearly chocked! He literly was purple! redface.gif The whole place was in knots laughing (inc Alvin).

If your reading this Alvin, sorry wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

The Alvin Purple Experience played my uncle's wedding - best wedding ever!!!

Giveamanakick were cool at Oxegen
    Woodstar are cool too but I haven't seen them live yet.

And obviously the Cranberries rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gowldoleer

Lots of comments here for Veneer, their website is back at www.veneerland.com

Also theyre in the Hi Stool on April 23rd with Niall Quinn of the Hitchers fame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stts

Kraven, Heard them for the first time live in Dolans last friday night, they were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I was in termights last night at tribute gig for girl who pasted away. There were about 5 acts, none more better than Roper, they are flippin excellent totally blew me away. Also a debuting band played called the noise whom of which were extremely good especially Mike Nolan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PaddyIrish

I would have to say that for sheer energy and sound, I'd go with 22. Personally i think they are legends. Hmm, would also have to say vessa varo (hope i spelled that right) are cool , and saw 7 even words recently and liked them too. Hmm... can't really say any others stuck in my head. However there is an up and coming band that have given me a demo called blank expression adn would like to see them in action.

Paddy bass, over and out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

the fewer the better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Catcher and the Rye. Havent seen them around for a couple of years, but they kicked ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

If you haven't heard these, check them out here:

www.deloreansuite.net

Contemporary Limerick band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 veedonfleece

Far be it from me to draw your attention from this very fine board, but there is another site dedicated PURELY to the Limerick original band scene.

If anyone wishes to visit the Limerick Band Archive click below:

http://lba.x.am

They are actively seek contributions to the archive so that a comprehesive website can be constructed showing details of all Limerick bands through the years.

Advertisement