Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlestar Galactica-episode 2: "Water"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I got that info from a combination of the following

1) Watching the mini-series and the episodes and just picking up on stuff
    2) The promos for the series specifically mention the 'types' of cylons and the fact that some don't even know they are cylons (at the same time as showing boomer in frame).. so it's kinda easy to infer
    3) Interviews / Inet texts on the series over the last few months on the net.

Hope that makes sense.

c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Gateworld has new BSG pictures up. Be warned though as there are large (and interesting) spoilers in them.

Clicky

I've a fair idea now of what happens in the rest of the series, and I'll call it very interesting, to say the least. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Looks interesting. I'm surprised they went as far as to hit
    KOBOL
    by the end of series one, but then again it could just be a ploy to keep the suits interested.

I like the dark overtone and issues they are dealing with towards the latter half of the series. It looks like a promising (if grown up) sci-fi series in the making.

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

would the water not freeze as soon as it entered space?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

STaN wrote:
    would the water not freeze as soon as it entered space?
    Discussed on the previous page:
    Quick physics lesson. The boiling point of water is 373K at standard atmospheric pressure. The lower the pressure, the lower the boiling point. In a vacuum, no matter how cold it gets, and even though space is cold it is still a few K above absolute zero, water will boil. The water ejected from the Galactica's tanks would have transformed into an expanding cloud of vapour. There would have been no way for Galactica to recover the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,954 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There was a discussion on that already, can't remember where. Anyway, the consensus was that the abscence of atmospheric pressure in space would allow the water to evaporate in any temperature.

Advertisement