Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organisers group.

Options
  • 23-10-2004 3:53pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a mortal loathing of committee's. They just dont work for me and I dont have the patience for them. Benevolent dictatorships work a lot better in my view but even BD's have their energy limitations!

So, harnessing the offers of support seems like the best way forward for optimal collecting of cash and toys!!

To that end I've been trying to think of discrete, non-over-taxing positions that people could say "I'll do take that and do it" to help me.

Here's what I've come up with:

List managers: DapperGent and Henbane did a lovely job last year and this year is going to be a little more complex as I think I'd like to run a few lists and I still havent decided whether to do separate lists for separate targets.
    They've offered to do it again this year so thats that sorted!

Graphics and photography: Havlocked!

Charity Co-ordinator: Big Dragon works in the medical field and has already contacted a few of the charity officers for me. We need someone to contact the various targets and ensure we are aiming the right stuff at them. Cuddly toys and teddies are nice but are vectors for cross infection and a no-no in hospitals, which is nice to know for example!

Specific Charity organisers. This is my revenge on everyone who said "I know a really cool charity that needs help". You're going to be the liason for them then mate! :)
    Already picked are:
    Butterfly Kids: Mister Pudding
    BarretsTown Gang: Seaneh
    <more to come>

Transport Coordinator:
    Last year Amp was just a godsend and drove me everywhere to do drops. This year he is car less and has decided to take online cash raising to a new level. But I still need transport.
    A few people have offered cars but I need someone to coordinate all of that so that on the weekend before xmas we shift all this stuff to the places it supposed to go!

I'm absolutely certain that I've missed some so please resuggest them if I have.

I'll be looking after the website, the promotion of this and the general overall running of the thing. Hopefully without going UTTERLY NUTS in the process.

If you can think of other posts that I may have forgotten or want to suggest something or volunteer to assist (even for roles already filled, you can never have enough bodies!) then please do so on this thread!

Thanks to everyone so far, I have a feeling this year is going to be outrageous...

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

i know Havelock is in charge of gfx + you are in charge of the site dev,

but i'd like to help out with the website/graphics etc. as needed; as shown here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=192300

i'm literally doing nothing these days [working only a couple of hours a week] so would really like to lend a hand.

if you have ideas for logos etc. that you'd like me to [try] and realise as vector gfx, etc. or reqs for posters flyers anything like that, silly photoshop images, buttons etc, or any web site stuff [example of my work in my sig.] let me know.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Maybe you and Havelock can work together? I know Havelocks fairly busy right at the minute.

I can also put up a few more options on the SSF donation button so if you want to work on one or two of them that would be cool too. There'll be other GFX work during the month as we have a couple of events lined up!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

ill transport anything that needs to go, have jeep and possibly vito available, may be able to get another few drivers over next fortnight involved. if goods need to be collected etc just shout

eoin.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'll be too busy with work to be able to spare enough time to co-ordinate transport, but should be able to do at least a couple of runs if that's any use to ye?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm going to gather everthing in the one place and we'll do all the runs on the one day, that way 3 cars x two runs should see the back broken on it.

Thanks for the offers of help guys.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

dev,

what date you be moving all this stuff? can try book the vito van for that weekend, should take most of the gear, save doing multiple runs

eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

This is great, way to go with the christmas spirit guys....

John

/me goes back to being a grumpy bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Dev,

I've dropped DapperGent a mail already covering this but I think the Barretstown stuff should be stored with me as I'm only 30 minutes from the castle. Fortunately I'm the BTG Co-ordinator.

I know from last year it mighn't be possible for them to receive gifts before Christmas but I'll do my best. A van will hopefully be neccessary for this years delivery and I want one for free (leave it with me!).

Barretstown have issues with unauthorised people being on site - hence they met me at the gates. This is something else to be considered when deliverying.

<additional/>
    Oh, could we have a list of Co-ordinators?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Hey, just a note to keep upto date. I've moved house and have no internet access yet installed. I will try to keep up to date here in 3G everyday.

Evil Phil... I have an offer of a van.
    I also have a fookin TON of old computers that I am going to offer to BTG. I need to put you, them and it together.

Working on it now.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hi guys,

Regards the SSF party on the 11th, I justed asked robbie via PM if he can meet me for a pint this week to discuss logistics. It's easier to sort out a lot of this stuff in person than thrashing out for days online. If there's already been discussion on the topic of logistics for the 11th please let me know.

Cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

If you end up stuck for transport or need an extra vehicle, let me know. Have an opel agila, which although a small car - with the back seats dropped can fit a lot in.

test31_opel_agila_5t.jpg

Advertisement