Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, just follow the recruitment Sargent

Options
  • 07-10-2004 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Ok, this a recruitment drive, I'm looking for all those wonderful PS'ers from Pix 'n Mix. I aim to have a forum specific ad like the open below (or even better, one completely different) for each forum, running on a christmas/ military/ charity / what ever the forum is about (see exibit 2).

Santa-SFS-poster.jpg

Exibit 2 (For the discworld forum)

Disc-SFS-poster.jpg

also

SF.Santa%20Army.gif

Join the fight adn do your part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

perhaps a post on the pix n mix board would result in more support? i ony saw this thread by chance after seeing a santa paypal link in someone's sig. I'll try and come up with something if i have enough time. Stupid college projects :s

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll try and throw something together....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

here's another logo for ya havelock, i used the maybe wrong Santa Strike Force.

ssf2.jpg

I'm always makin logos to expand my crappy portfolio, so if u have specifics for this let me know. i know my santa is a bit evil, just a bit of fun.

edit: a quick change of his eyes to more cartoony would make him kid-friendly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Thats pretty cool. No chance you can do any army-esk Santa Character as mascot. I'm more of a PS'er than graphic designer.

i think i know whatcha mean, i'll have a quick go at some ideas later if i can.

• Advertisement

i know he's a bit cutesy, but i guess i wanted to avoid having santa hold a gun etc. It didn't come out very well imo, but at least it gives us a starting point.

ssf3.jpg

and signature sized:

ssf3small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

It so easy to back seat drive compared to actually doing the design, but perhaps more beard and a red camoflague outfit?

Might make him look more santa and more army? Might also just make him look like a fat white haired retard with bad fashion sense.

Just a suggestion.

P.S. That first logo looks cool dangerman. If the eyes were softened up a bit it would be the win imho ofc.

i haven't had any time to try and improve the crappy santa mascot above, but i did real quick fix the eyes on the original logo i did:

ssfn.jpg

time permitting i'll have a couple more goes on the santa, perhaps use the santa-head from the above logo and add in a body?

just fooling around a bit more:

Signature style logos:

120.jpg

240.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

yeah dangerman thats just the job. Sweet logo dude. Santa looks much more benevolent now :)

• Advertisement

Muchos better with the eye fix. Keep it up guys. I'm going to take a crack at Commando Santa this evening. Was thining of the red camo gear, a candy cane as a gun, etc...very cheesy but professional looking.

ssf12.jpg

i know...i dunno...just messing about really...

anyone else not seeing pictures?

huh? i see all my pics...and your original pics etc.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats pretty cool dangerman!
    Work has me very busy until after the weekend and then I'm going ballistic on SSF...

DeV.

ok special prize to the person who spots the influence...;)

ssflogoireland.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

firefox?

firefox?

yup, except the firefox logo is actually good. :o

if anyone has any suggestions of directions to take with a possible logo let me know, or if you like any of the previous ones...or even better have a go at one yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Must say Im well impressed dangerman. Those images are all class

Advertisement