Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...what's the best hair dye?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 xoxkellyxox

I have dark blonde areas in my hair and brown areas in others ( all natural no colourant used) I'm thinking about dying it blonde so would these work for me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

TBH, I would just go to the salon, at least you know you're in good hands, and they know what they are doing!

If you are to use a home dye, don't use permanent, use one that washes out as its less damaging

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I have dark blonde areas in my hair and brown areas in others ( all natural no colourant used) I'm thinking about dying it blonde so would these work for me ?

Why do you want to colour your hair? This sounds lovely, and what women pay 100+ for!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 xoxkellyxox

SarahJ wrote: »
    Why do you want to colour your hair? This sounds lovely, and what women pay 100+ for!!

I'm colouring it becasue i fancy a change. It been this colour all my life so.. i'm reinventing myself. The thing is because i haven't done it before i have no idea what brands to us or even what brands are out there.
    aaaggh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Dee369369

I used loreal castings last week and it was so good.left it on for 10mins longer cos most dyes don't come out in the recommended time for me and it ended up being much darker than i expected BUT i liked it!! I used one called live before and it didn't come out at all.it was supposed to be a bright enough red colour and u could barel see the red!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

SarahJ wrote: »
    If you are to use a home dye, don't use permanent, use one that washes out as its less damaging

If you want to lighten your hair you'll need to use a permanent colour.

I wouldn't recommend dying your, sometimes all over blonde can look brassy and if your hair's anything like mine you'll see your roots after 2 weeks! Either go to the hairdresser and get highlights or do them at home yourself. I used a highlighting kit from Wella a few times before and found it good, the picture on the box is terrible, but don't let that put you off. My hair was similar enough to how you described yours the first time I used it and it turned out fine. The only problem I had was that it didn't get close enough to my roots, but I know people who had cap highlights done professionally and they had the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lainey84

Nala wrote: »
    Best-Schwarzkopf LIVE colour. Lasts for ages, not too dear, vibrant colour.

quote]
    i totally agree great shine bit pricey though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

This thread is FOUR YEARS OLD!!!!!!

Advertisement