Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make your DVD Player multi-regional!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Need to unlock Targa DPV-5400x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I've only got a few mins on this but I really recommend that AVforums place, lotsa good info there. http://www.avforums.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

anyone got the unlock code for this? i tried one already and it didnt work at all. the one i tried is menu, 57538 menu menu but this didnt work at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I assume you've tried this :
    For a UK Region 2 Samsung DVD-R149:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
    2. Press the 5 button on your remote control
    3. Press the 7 button on your remote control
    4. Press the 5 button on your remote control
    5. Press the 3 button on your remote control
    6. Press the 8 button on your remote control
    7. The currently selected region will be indicated on the onscreen display
    8. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for region 2, and so on, or the 9 button for multi-region playback
    9. Press the Menu button on your remote control
    10. Press the Menu button on your remote control

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/samsung-dvd-r149/8620

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Just bought this bluray player today (samsung bd-p1500), at a bargin of 140 euro, its region 2 locked and it will not play any other region discs, i have searched the web and tried some codes that i found but cant get them to work, just wondering did anyone here unlock one and if so could they help me please.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

MonsieurD wrote: »

Has anyone found an unlock code for this model?

I've searched the net but can find nothing, even on AVforums, have tried the hacks for various other Targa models but haven't found one to work yet, can anyone help?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 onedifference

hey there i have the targa 5600x and made it multi regional. but i think i messed up some of the other settings. do you have a list of the settings or do you know where i could find them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cookieman

I am in the same boat and I need the default OP setting for this model or a reset function if one exists. Thanks for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cookieman

parsi wrote: »
    The Targa DRH-5600x is a rebadged LG RH278H (or similar) - it's identical to the one in Curry's ad in todays paper.

So to region free (and it worked - be careful when scrolling through Opcodes) :

You need to go into the service menu and change the value below.

Set OP6 from af to 8f.

HOW TO ACCESS TO SERVICE-MENU
    1) turn ON the recorder without disc in the loader.
    2) Press and hold together the up and down arrows on the recorder (not the remote) for about 6 seconds, otherwise press both CLEAR button on the remote control and down arrow on the recorder for the same time.
    3) Use the left & right buttons on the remote to move through the OP codes, up & down buttons to change the codes, press enter to save the changes, then menu/list button to exit. The recorder will switch off.

Would anyone be able to provide the default OPcodes for this unit so that I can try to salvage what I have done? Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

Just purchased the Panasonic BDP-60 Blu Ray ... planning to makie it multi-region with my Harmony 885 ... according to AV Forums there is a hack ...and I'm guessing they have a special remote build on the Logitech server for the purpose as you have to send a PM to the person who has it and login/logout then post an all clear once you have done it ...

Strange way to do things ... but hopefully it will work ... many of my DVD's are region 1 ... and I get to the States reguarly ...

Out of interest - has anyone tried this solution? ... or better still is there a simpler way to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

MonsieurD wrote: »
    Do-more wrote: »
    Has anyone found an unlock code for this model?

I've searched the net but can find nothing, even on AVforums, have tried the hacks for various other Targa models but haven't found one to work yet, can anyone help?

Anyone got a code for this. Bought in aldi/lidl and would like to be able to use it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

can i make a combi video/dvd player multi region?

Hi

Does anybody have a code for the Argos Value Dvd player.

I've got as far as eject tray press setup enter 1389 and the screen comes up Region 2 is last on the list but i cannot edit/custom that list.

Hopefully someone has an idea.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 doan

Hi all, just came across this thread. Does anybody know how to make these dvd's region free:

DK Digital DVD 270
    Toshiba SD 470EKE

Also, if I enter Region 1 (USA) will it play this region only or still play my European DVD's or do I have to enter Region 0?

Any help would be very appreciated. Its very confusing

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Try http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks - if a multiregion hack exists, you'll find it there.

Ritz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I got a Samsung BD-C5300 yesterday and this region unlock worked for me.

Persevere though, it can be a bit ricky to get it sorted as it seems to be a bit time sensitive in the steps.

LD

1) turn ON the player WITHOUT any disc inserted
    2) when in the upper left corner of the TV appear the
    message NO DISC, you must be press REPEAT 5 7 5 3 8
    3) after this, in the upper left corner of the TV will be
    appear the regional code 2
    4) press 9, wait several seconds and then turn OFF the
    player.

Now the Samsung player is REGION FREE also for DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anorack2

i recently bought a Samsung p380 does the same code work on it ? or can someone please post up a code that will make it regions free ,thanks.

anorack2 wrote: »
    i recently bought a Samsung p380 does the same code work on it ? or can someone please post up a code that will make it regions free ,thanks.

Try this.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roughie

Guys, I found an interesting article yesterday about Blu-ray region code hacking that summarizes 4 different ways of "cheating the system" and after seeing this thread today I think it will be helpful if I post these links here.
    Region-free Blu-ray player: software methods
    [url="http://www.reviewmaze.com/2011/08/region-free-blu-ray-player-hardware.html]Region-free Blu-ray player: hardware methods[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 15 denward

Hi folks
    Is there anyway to make the PS3 play multi region DVDs ?
    It is currently plating Europeans and I want it to play a couple of USA DVDs.

Cheers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi folks,

Anyone have a hack for a Pioneer BCS-FS500? I have tried videohelp but it's saying no code available.

I know they can be hacked, just can't find the bloody code!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone have a hack for the above DVD Player which I just bought today? I have tried videohelp and Google but no luck :(

Thanks for anyhelp in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

Trying to find a hack code for the Alba dvd1620buk. Can't find anywhere. Help please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

DVP SR170 - Bought this the other day but found it won't play my DVD's that are from outside the EU. Any ideas how to hack it, or just scrap it ? :(

Capri wrote: »
    DVP SR170 - Bought this the other day but found it won't play my DVD's that are from outside the EU. Any ideas how to hack it, or just scrap it ? :(

Google found this....

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sony-dvp-sr170/12137

Looks like you need a one for all remote to do the unlock

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement