Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yer first experience of the cinema?

Options
  • 06-12-2000 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

The first film I saw in the cinema was the animated feature "Last Unicorn" - a good seven years before the original Batman. It starred (the voices of) Jeff Bridges, Mia Farrow,Angela Lansbury and hey!- René Auberjonois, a.k.a. Odo from Deep Space Nine wink.gif ... heh heh..

I would have been almost 6 years old when I saw it - t'was scary yet enticing and intriguing enough to me at the time!

bard2.gif

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 06-12-2000).]

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    The first film I saw in the cinema was the animated feature "Last Unicorn"
    </font>
    I think I seen that - do they turn the unicorn into a girl and there is something about a bull (?) forcing the unicorns into the sea?

I can't remember my very first time in the cinema - it was probably some Disney film - Jungle Book or Snow White.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

The first film I remember seeing in the cinema was The Spy Who Loved Me smile.gif I was like 5 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Whats a cinema?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

"Star Wars", so it's been really down hill ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Crikey i remember that film "The last Unicorn", but i saw it on video.
    You really do know how to show ur age Bard. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Aye, Draco - the plot was along those lines... - I remember the animation being well ahead of its time, particularly for the scenes with the sea and the massive waves, etc.
    - much more of it I don't remember...

And Kento... shur I'm young yet... or so they keep tellin' me wink.gif - but yeah-- I turned 6 in 1982 when Last Unicorn came out.

bard2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

'Pete's Dragon' in 1977 smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I think it was "The Land Before Time", that's certainly the first thing I remember seeing on the silver screen, although there may well have been others before it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

whichever out of

"the princess bride"
    "Turtles 1"
    or
    "batman"

whichever came out first smile.gif i can't really remember.

I Live

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

lol castor...remember being brought to see pete's dragon too...

But my first cinema memory was Jaws in 1975, on holidays in Killarney, at the fine age of 3 and 3 quarters.... still frightens the fúck out me... tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Licksy20 (edited 06-12-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

The first film i remember seeing in the cinema was Batman, it was mental!me granny was there and she fell asleep and we ate all her popcorn.The cinema was a kip though, it was in Galway city and was way before the Omniplex opened. There may have been a Disney film before that but i dont remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I can't remember for the life of me!
    It might have been 'the never ending story' or some Diznee sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Fido - the great mouse detective. God only knows how young I was. I spent half of it running around the cinema and fell asleep for the other half.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    Aye, Draco - the plot was along those lines... - I remember the animation being well ahead of its time, particularly for the scenes with the sea and the massive waves, etc.
    - much more of it I don't remember...
    </font>
    Yeah, I complete forgot about it myself. I do remember being entralled by the animation. And I think I was able to follow the plot. Must try and find a copy on video.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I can't remember the movie in Ireland, all I remember it was in fairview and they had to stop it because some plonker went over the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Draco:
    Yeah, I complete forgot about it myself. I do remember being entralled by the animation. And I think I was able to follow the plot. Must try and find a copy on video.

</font>

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6303047564/imdb-adbox/107-5573054-2079760
    ... thats in NTSC format... you may have better luck with Blackstar or someone in the UK...
    bard2.gif

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 07-12-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

First film i rember seeing was either Bambi or Lady and the tramp when i was about 5 or 6 the screen WAS MASSIVE !!!(good aul disney animnation wink.gif i went with all me cousins ahhhh nostalga ;0 *sob sob*

CATBERT RO><ORS

catbert.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My first film was Lady and The Tramp when I was 6 or 7 (I think).

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

My first experience of the cinema was my cousin trying to sneak me into gremlins , it was 15's or something i think and i was about 5 smile.gif

Went to see back to the future or something instead smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

then why the hell did you post a reply smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

star wars - adelaide, south australia.
    scared the crap outta me with those big close ups of dartha vader smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

hobbes what was my first cinem experience

the first i remember is indiana jones and the temple of doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

"The Jungle Book" in the Royal in limerick.
    which is also where I went to my first proper gig (Therapy?) some years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

i dont remember the first film i saw frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

First one i saw was "The CareBears in Wonderland".....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

The wizard of oz with umm can't remember.. judy garland maybe?
    All i remember is that i fell in love with dorothy.. oh my

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Twas Transforemers : The Movie, an AGE ago.. I still Love that flick (Nerd Mode *ON*) and when i watch it.. I can recite it Word for Word.. JAYSUS! smile.gif

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [SN]JAG:
    hobbes what was my first cinem experience

the first i remember is indiana jones and the temple of doom.

</font>

How the f' should I know? tongue.gif Probably the Care Bears Movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah mine was the care bare movie that film rocked./me starts to weep and those happy toughts.!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

i remember!!
    well i remember what it was about anyway but not the name, perhaps yous can help me.

it was about this kid and under his bed was like this portal to the demon world.the actor was the kid from the wonder years. and then he becomes friends with this demon who brings down to the demon place and tries to convince him to stay and he almost does.and the demon can only come out in the darkness. **** sake i wanna see it again, twas deadly

Advertisement