Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubbed to death...

Options
  • 06-10-2004 2:19pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

Well, I'm all done, and it didn't take too long either.

So whoot 'n' all, but I didn't get to join FilmSoc, the AMS Soc wasn't around and it took me FOR-EFFING-EVER to find the Aikido stand. I actually told one of the lads on the Karting committee that I'd join the Karting Club if he found it for me.

So Ah'm all signed up to Karting too 0_o .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

It's bloody mayhem in there and there's another day to go!
    I spent 3 hours or so sitting at the Martial Arts Club table and I'm well on my way to being hoarse.
    Lot of fun though. The snowboarding guy in the yeti suit was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I thought it was much quieter than last year and the year before.

We're pretty happy with ourselves in the women's rugby :D

I think we did pretty well considering this is our first clubs and socs day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Joined 5. One of the most memberships so far I was told!!!!!!!!!! "Someone" tried to convince me to go join you Soc Amz....I fought him off. We were sittin at the games soc table for a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hyperali

hey raz
    i went to the martial arts stand but didnt see ya only a girl at the stand
    have to totally compliment your club the girl was really nice and i definitedly joined
    looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hyperali

oh yeah did anyone else think the pro lifers were bloody scary
    i joined film soc redbrick(promised a friend) martial arts tae kwon do frisbee and equestrian club
    what did everyone else join???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I went for Frisbee, Rock Climbing, Film Soc, and Redbrick. Also, I'll probably go join the physics one tomorrow(Mmm free ice cream).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Redbrick, Globalinks Tandem, and Japanese.

Going to have to sleep on joining the "Murder She Wrote" soc ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

hyperali wrote:
    hey raz
    i went to the martial arts stand but didnt see ya only a girl at the stand
    have to totally compliment your club the girl was really nice and i definitedly joined
    looking forward to it
    That was Mairead, lovely person :) I had to leave at 1pm cos I'm working with the computer services department. You'll usually find me in C214 between 1 and 4pm :)
    I have to join Redbrick again myself, and I'm tempted to go for Stocs. Oh snowboarding too, I've a friend with them who says it's great fun so why not? Other than that nothing really jumps out at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

redbrick, games, japanese and karting. i may join film soc tomorrow and perhaps photography or art soc. i hope they are good, i dont want to have wasted my money

.....i dont want to have wasted my money
    I'm already thinking I wasted money, and I haven't even gone to any of them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well I definately went nuts on it... Very nuts.

I joined 9 for some reason. Some I guess I promised, others were essentials and others just sounded fun. :P

Re-joined: Archery (of course - was the guy wandering around all day with a bow looking tired), Redbrick, Film Soc, PhysEng.

Joined: Film Makers Soc (hell yeah), Gamers Soc, FotoSoc, STOCS, oh and Astronomy Soc.

That's probably erm... nuts. Anyhow I'll see if I go to any really. Archery gets top prioity. FotoSoc seems to be on before it so that seems convenient. Redbrick is just everywhere and Film Makers interests me quite a lot.

Women's Rugby, Athletics and RedBrick. Not sure if I'll join anything else I put Kung Fu on my maybe list as I'll have to see when they train.

Meep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

i joined redbick, stocs, kung fu, snowboarding and gaming. Might join the publication soc too, i couldn;t find any one better for doing graphic design. Media production soc is all tv and radio :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

joined redbrick and gaming... joining snowboarding and possibly karting tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I think I'll join the Kung Fu club. Did yis see the demonstration they put on? That guy got his ass kicked. :D

I'm really keen on joining it.

I just hope their training suits!

*crosses everything*

yeg that guy got his ass whupped, it was like the karate kid all over again, and i got to hold some of his wood too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Tae kwon do,rugby,redbrick,and the christian society....I think, volunteer work for all, not a chance of me going to the prayer meetings though

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Aikido, Ultimate Frisbee, Karting, Redbrick, GameSoc, Japanese Soc.

for a grand total of 6, of which Karting I doubt I'll ever use :/ .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mezon

joined Redbrick , film soc , gaming soc and the martial arts club. Didnt join loads cos im gonna try and go to them all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Japanese Soc, Film Soc, Karate, Kung Fu, Globalinks, Fencing, Chinese Soc, Gamers Soc, STOCS, and of course Redbrick.

...I'm easily influenced. How'll I have TIME for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Zem

Hey all i think i went a bit crazy in terms of joining stuff but anyways that what first years for right? i joined: jap soc, eclectic music soc, music soc, karting club, canoeing club, snowboarding club, martial arts club, archery club, aikido club, games soc oh and the american football club, i lost my student id so luckily it stopped me joining more also do i just go to registry and ask for another id or?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

yeah, costs 15 euro or summat :/ .

I think it's gone up to €20 this year. Not sure.

Is it difficult to join stuff after Clubs and Socs day(s)?

not to my knowledge, just send them an e-mail or talk to some of the members and ask them. i know to join film soc you just turn up and pay

As far as I know from Monday or so, you will be able ot join a club/soc. in the students union if you bring your student card along and some receipt of membership of the club/soc ... If I find out the definite details I'll post 'em here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 jctheimpaler

Hey, you guys who joined ultimate frisbee, are you new members or did you play last year? Did the club do anything cool on clubs and socs day, like exhibition matches or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

what the hell ? are you people nuts ! It's 4 quid a pop to join !?!?!? One of yee nuts spent 44 quid. Christ.

Anyway. Let me know of the fencing club is any good, I'd be intersted in that. I've re-joined rb and that's it. Too many people in hub.

Gav

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Zem

hey verb yeah i paid that, but i just got paid and i wanted to give a few things a try so you know might aswell avail of some money while i can plus it doesn't mean i have to do everything and i thought first year was about trying things out?

Advertisement