Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do People want from GMIT Computer Society?

• 04-10-2004 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Just want to know what people are looking for from the GMIT Computer Society . Post ideas about anything that you think would be good or things that you don't want.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sawah

i think the things suggested at the last meeting were pretty good, but i reckon we may have to put a little more emphasis on the "educational" side of things, and not as much on gaming!!!at least til we really get the soc going...at the next meeting we should come up with a monthly plan...it may help a little...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 faz99

sawah wrote:
    i think the things suggested at the last meeting were pretty good, but i reckon we may have to put a little more emphasis on the "educational" side of things, and not as much on gaming!!!at least til we really get the soc going...at the next meeting we should come up with a monthly plan...it may help a little...

WHAT? :eek:
    Warcraft 3 all the way. Anyone else?
    Unreal tournament aswell. I prefer the original though because it's faster. Well a bit anyway.
    Hmm... and many others. :)

i didnt mean it in a bad way...
    yes i know it may encourage more people to join, but computers aint all about games...
    n no its not just because i dont play them!!
    but life is not all about computer games.... ;)

sawah wrote:
    but life is not all about computer games.... ;)

Who said that?
    Around 2 hours every 2 weeks. Heh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

So what will ye be doin?? I am a 1st year in indus eng, and thinking bout joining, if i still can, but just wondering what ye do. Not lookin just playing games all the time, wouldnt fancy playing much games at all. I would be interested in learning new things, i am an amateur computer user lookin to learn more. So if any body could answer my questions???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

well the games bit is just one part of what com soc do,
    other things we do lectures on various topics, demos on anything to do with computers.
    if you have anything that you would like to see dont this year just post it here because we are still looking for good ideas for lectures, demos, soc events, guest speakers, and anything else you can think off.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

So the registration was today, how did it go i wonder? Did you have a suggestion box out for people, NO, but i did get loads of free stuff on my trips into and out of that room :)

well i put a suggestion box in here, and ill tell everyone about it when i email them...grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I'm glad to see you are in the spirit of things sawah. Also gald to see this board gettign a bit more activity then last year.

Timeout

last year was not my fault....i knew nothin about what was going on, so how could i tell them....its not like ye couldnt communicate with me...ye had my email n mobile nos!!!!!!and i would like the society to work out this year thats why im more proactive!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

man this board didnt open till early summer just went i started studying for my exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 strangelove

frankieboy
    don't worry you can still join! It won't be just games, infact you can do what you want every you want. everything goes to a vote and if you are supported we'll do it.
    Except for Sawah she has to play games and only games.
    Doom3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

frankieboy
    don't worry you can still join! It won't be just games, infact you can do what you want every you want. everything goes to a vote and if you are supported we'll do it.
    Except for Sawah she has to play games and only games.
    Doom3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yea :p
    We'll make her play. How she'll love it.

faz99 wrote:
    Yea :p
    We'll make her play. How she'll love it.

yes i will...ill love it as much as i love bunnies...(shoot 'em all)
    but ill learn...ill try anything once ;)

Advertisement