Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TV shows do you download?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

main reason for downloading is due to number of repeats and delay in showing here on sky or regular tv, plus u watch when u feel like it and not worry if ur vhs has chewed another tape, i mean we could all capture this stuff as it airs here so how is that any different to recording to video, though the fact that alot of this stuff is shown in the us as hdtv means the quality is way better than what we get here, still like to get some shows on dvd though it has to said some shows are a rip off on dvd like stargate and south park where u dont get box sets and the dvds are full price for 3 or 4 episodes
    the simpsons, futurama and family guy box sets were nice buys as was the season 3 box set of alias thats in the post right now for a reasonable 45 squid

current shows
    stargate sg1 + atlantis
    csi: original ny and miami
    without a trace
    smallville
    enterprise (starts back this week)
    south park (also back this week)

waiting for:
    alias season 4
    24 season 4
    simpsons season 16

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No ads is a big plus for me...

Downloading - Survivor Vanuatu, Lost, The Apprentice (Season 2)

Just finished - Amazing Race 5, Big Brother 5 (USA), Big Brother 4 (Australia)

Waiting for - Amazing Race 6 (starting in a few weeks), 24, Alias, Stargate Atlantis (season 1, part 2).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I have downloaded lots of South Park episodes. Other than that...

Bo! Selecta
    Johnny Bravo
    Some episodes of Mystery Science Theatre 3000
    Ren & Stimpy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

If I could ;) right now, I'd pick up:

Everwood, Joan of Arcadia, Star Trek: Enterprise, CSI x3, Dead Like Me, ER,
    Gilmore Girls, Lost, Joey, Malcolm, One Tree Hill, MST3K (any ones I haven't already seen), Scrubs, Stargate SG1 & Atlantis, The West Wing, Six Feet Under, Nip/Tuck, Smallville, Jack & Bobby, Arrested Development.

and potentially soon I'd enquire about, The OC, Alias, 24, Tru Calling and Carnivále
    and new 4400 whenever that's ready.

In other words, I watch a *lot* of TV drama. And mostly cos I'm tired of Sky's editing of shows, and their ad breaks in the wrong places and their gigantic logos... And RTE's incompetence when it comes to imported drama.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wow doh.ie it's just as well it's only a "could" because if you did, you'd surely exceed all current ISP caps...

Having said that TG4 are more dependable than RTE so I think I could wait on some of the shows like OTH and The O.C...

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote:
    Wow doh.ie it's just as well it's only a "could" because if you did, you'd surely exceed all current ISP caps...

True. If I could, I would go with an ISP which had no cap. It may cost a little more, but you have that freedom. Also, I may be slightly thrifty in that I hate having my DSL *not* in use, so I let it run a lot of the time and archive stuff off to DVD for my Divx player.
    ixoy wrote:
    Having said that TG4 are more dependable than RTE so I think I could wait on some of the shows like OTH and The O.C...

That's true of TG4, they are much better. But I've seen the cruel, teasing OC season 2 preview now and simply won't be able to wait. Need weekly dose of lavish parties for no reason and mandatory Marissa/Ryan pouting to tide me through this miserable winter that suddenly seems to have descended upon us!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

Alias
    Six Feet Under
    Ghost in the Shell: SAC
    South Park
    Futurama

Ones I can be bothered actually buying:

Cowboy Bebop: complete
    Family Guy(every damned episode)
    Six Feet Under(soon as released)

Also like the internet tv(fresh anime), but heard that the streams give you lots of nasty spyware and stuff, is this a load of bullsh1t or am i putin my pc's mental health at risk?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

TV shows I would download only for its illegal to do so...

Scrubs
    Charmed
    Lost
    CSI:
    CSI: New York
    CSI: Miami
    Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Enterprise
    LAX
    Dead Like Me
    Smallville
    Drew Careys - Green Screen
    Sliders (older Seasons)
    Law & Order: SVU

think thats it then, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

I only get friends, but missing 2 series for the full collection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Bean

Scrubs
    Enterprise
    Joey
    Stargate
    Smallville
    Friends
    Simpsons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
    One Tree Hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

family guy, harvey birdman and sealab 2021

dont forget aqua teen hunger force!

the cartoon network still showing theese btw
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

You should really be able to stream these over the internet. Even with ads, like you can with music videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Blisterman wrote:
    You should really be able to stream these over the internet. Even with ads, like you can with music videos.

aontaim leat,

it would be handy to watch CBS/NBC/FOX/WN or indeed RTE1/RTE2) streaming
    anyone know of a service, even fee paying, that has realplayer/media player streams like that?

The best I have at the moment is dxtuner.com which allows me to listen and control a remote scanner in the US and listen to US TV audio only though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Father Ted ( hard to get! )

i got all 3 series on DVD for €50
    not bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Where do people download from ??????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

BolBill wrote:
    Where do people download from ??????

You should know better than to ask that in here.
    vector wrote:
    it would be handy to watch CBS/NBC/FOX/WN or indeed RTE1/RTE2) streaming
    anyone know of a service, even fee paying, that has realplayer/media player streams like that?

I know TG4 has a pay service like that for €8 per month. See here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Currently:
    Scrubs, Veronica Mars, Lost, Smallville, South Park, Drawn Together, Without A Trace and Joey.

Previously (and hopefully again next year):
    Curb Your Enthusiasm, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, Sopranos.

If I could subscribe to HBO I would - it's got most of the best shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

monomaniac wrote:
    Currently:
    Scrubs, Veronica Mars, Lost, Smallville, South Park, Drawn Together, Without A Trace and Joey.

Lost is great isn't it? I don't normally download shows.. but this one I just can't resist each week... no new episode this week though... no fair!!!

Smallville as been a bit duff so far this year though...

Can anyone PM me a site where you get these shows?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

its pretty obvious where to get these from tbh

Mossy Monk wrote:
    its pretty obvious where to get these from tbh

You mean to say you download complete series of Scrubs, etc????? PM me please I'm lost :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BolBill wrote:
    You mean to say you download complete series of Scrubs, etc????? PM me please I'm lost :confused:
    Can't really post links here but it's worth mentioning that the long-awaited Scrubs DVD is due out next year..

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2477

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

basquille wrote:
    Can't really post links here but it's worth mentioning that the long-awaited Scrubs DVD is due out next year..

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2477

I have every episode of Scruns on disk but I will be buying the DVD when it comes out for the superior quality and extras.

The current series has been excellent with Heather Graham and Joanna Marquiles both doing extended guest runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ElNino wrote:
    ..but I will be buying the DVD when it comes out for the superior quality and extras...
    You can't fault the quality of the HDTV rips you can download. They're great quality! We're promised a sh*tload of extras anyways on the DVD.
    ElNino wrote:
    The current series has been excellent with Heather Graham and Joanna Marquiles both doing extended guest runs.
    Also, the episode airing tonight has Matthew Perry as guest star and director.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

So far i hav downloaded 2 brand new episodes of the oc season 2 and im currently downloadin the third episode!!one tree hill is pretty hard to download tho!!

d4gurl wrote:
    So far i hav downloaded 2 brand new episodes of the oc season 2 and im currently downloadin the third episode!!one tree hill is pretty hard to download tho!!

It is? You mustn't be looking in the right places...
    Most shows are taking breaks over Christmas, though, so it's possible that
    any you can't find just isn't on at the moment, hence it not appearing on any download list.

(Last new OTH was 30/11, next one isn't scheduled at the moment.)

Advertisement