Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetings

Options
  • 21-09-2004 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Its that time of the year when we must gather together and elect a new board of members for the compsoc. so if anybody is interested in any of the positions, give me a pm.
    I still havent decied on a date for our first meeting as im still kinda busy sorting out some stuff.
    Ill let ye all konw by thursday!
    later James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Well Thursday has come and gone and still we here nothing........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Looks like i wont have that much free time this year.
    so i will be aranging a meeting for this thursday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 brucecampbell

if you need help, im more than happy...i should have a bit of free time...so anything you want done, just give me a shout...i like to be kept busy

thanks man turning up for the meeting and thats about it everybody else has bailed on me: (
    the meeting is on in room 997 at 13.15 on thursday the 30.
    and dont Laugh too much at the doggy posters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 brucecampbell

When was the meeting?
    I promise ill be there on thursday...and ill tell everyone that i can think of who may, or may not go...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sawah

hi there....
    good to see the com soc is starting again...cant wait for the meeting tomorrow!!!oh n the posters r A..ill see ye all tomorrow
    sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 faz99

I will be there too :)
    See ya there!

Better start practicing my speech then!
    hopefully i can sort the problem out with the posters, even tho i think there great: )
    my artistic flare really shows, you would never know im an engineer!

Was it you that made that poster? :D
    'Twas good.

well the first meeting went smoothly.
    ill post the details a little later, have to start class!

• Advertisement

the clubs and societies thing is on on wednesday...
    will we be putting a stand in there??
    whenever ye decide eveerything, let me know, ill pass the word on to others.
    the meeting went perfectly, hopefully the year will too :D

Yep, was good. But of a problem with getting people to take on roles. But i still got away with it :)
    sawah tried her hardest to get me on though. :-P

sawah could you post the list of people who are doing what, please if you have a minutes in a seperate thread.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

Okay managed to throw together a preliminary poster for monday but dunno if should start again as i was kinda wired from lack of sleep and listening to Death Metal, so tell me if its too weird or dark or whatever and ill try somethin else.
    Otherwise, gimme details of time and stuff and ill throw them on,
    Oh and does anyone think we should put some of the blurb that was on last years poster on it, all about IT eduacation and stuff, can't really remember it..
    poster

That looks great. You'll have to print them rather then photocopy or it will lose its effect. Adding a venue might help also, but then again it will be in the canteen.

Would suggest having a suggestion box for people to put forward ideas.

Timeout

Yea I have a blank one for the updated details and stuff, just don't want to go finalising anything as am unsure if the the attributes I would see as being in the future of the comp soc fall in line with everyone else's so if anyone had the details from last years poster it would be great.
    Oh and what time is the meeting on wed?

cool poster...
    everyone remember meet TODAY at one or slightly after at room 997!!!

great poster wataru.
    i have to take it dont cause its taking all day to load i will stick a link in ur post to it.

Nobody Forget The Meeting Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure nobody forgot about it?

Or is it that those that you told about the meeting attended?

• Advertisement

That meeting was for ages ago...
    And as for the meeting that was supposed to be yesterday... There was the open day taking over... So i suggest that we have the meeting this Monday instead... Anyway, why do you keep picking on me??? Did I ever do anything to hurt you?? :(

mmmm so is that "event" going ahead tomorrow night?
    or should it be postponed until word can be got round?
    slight breakdown of communication me thinks...

Me Agrees...
    I have no idea whats going on...I kinda didn't make it in yesterday, n I'm heading home in a min, still in the bad state that I was lastnight... But I'm going to email Eoin in a sec, so if I find out anything I'll let as many people as possible know!!!
    Kugs n Hisses ;)

eoin has a vbad cold, so me thinks it will not be going ahead tonite.

on the other hand the other head of the soc could get the whole thing going?

ARGINITE wrote:
    on the other hand the other head of the soc could get the whole thing going?

what are the odds pray tell???
    we shall wait til our darling Eoin gets better...we can't do anything without him!!!it just wouldnt be fair!!!but i reckon we should have a meeting on tuesday at one if everyone can come....ill email ye all with the arrangements...this time were gonna be PRODUCTIVE

its not really a big deal

firstly no one is in this week due to the successive holiday mondays and halloween plus there has'nt really been a meeting proper about it yet.

Productive?

Meaning that whatever we decide to do we go ahead with it...
    Thats how things get done...
    Anyway is a meeting on Tuesday ok with ye all??

• Advertisement

would agree,
    The comp soc meetings have a habit of descending into pure babble and conversation, don't get me wrong, this year a lot is gettting organised but things need to be set in stone...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement