Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you fooookin love about life??

Options
  • 19-09-2004 1:50am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

large thread about letting off steam about what pisses you off.
    Well here's the other end of the scale. After your ready to shoot yourself based on the 'what pisses you off thread' what digs you out of that hole???

for me, driving on the motorway not giving a damn what other people think when they see me giving it loads with picture, no sound, to some damn good singalong music.

what about the rest of ye, what floats your boats???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I had a flashback today of a particularly bad psylocin trip where I was dead but conscious, alone in this blackness for eternity. Most terrifying thing in my life. Made me think about life and death and how short it is. Then my brother came into the room, shrugged, gave me a pat on the back and left. It's other people who make this short existence an amazing experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

hmm....everything! every little stupid thing! good or bad! it's life!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ben and Jerry's can't go rong there pitty its so foooooooooooooking dear though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

i like smileys. :):D;):p :rolleyes: :o :mad: :( :eek: :cool: :confused:

and

mi familia
    (seeing my sister up at college)
    (spending time with my cousins -be them 1 year or 21 years old)
    (eating my ma's ziti)
    (grandparents wisdom ...-or just those sayings they have)
    my friends
    (laughing so hard i cry)
    (being a fool and not caring a bit bout the people around u)
    (sitting quietly with a friend listening to music and knowing that neither of u
    have to say a word.)
    music
    (going to concerts -dmb mmm)
    (hearing a new band)
    (mastering a hard part of a song)
    (just simply playing)

misc.-
    running in the rain
    swimming
    playing catch
    falling asleep at the beach in the hot sand, (wah! summer!)
    taking a nap in the afternoon
    getting into bed after a long day
    waking up well rested at 12 o'clock
    last day of school -and to get me through the year -fridays
    seeing a new place
    going back to old places
    going to new york city or to boston or to the middle of nowhere
    driving with windows down (like that feeling of fresh air) cruising to some dmb
    receiving a nice compliment
    meeting new and interesting people
    knowing theres so much more to life than myself
    getting through something tough and growing from that
    bio class (the human body is awesome, what can i say?)
    upbeat threads
    -and so on and so forth

life is good~beth

(thumbs up to the creator of this thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I love
    my family
    my friends
    learning
    reading old letters you find in the attic
    Looking back at old photos
    Helping someone in need
    Saying 'Hello' and making new friends
    The sense of comofrt from other people
    Finding money in your pockets you forgot you had
    the word 'Free'
    And all living animals, mammals and humans: without you, we wouldn't be here today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

chocolate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

the moments where you're with friends, family, partner, whatever, and just chilling, chatting and everyone is just being themselves, and enjoying it. Then it hits you, just how great a moment this is, and how perfect the world seems to be for that split second... when everything just is, and you have no hang ups or worries.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

*Edit*

Guinness!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭weemcd

flogen wrote:
    the moments where you're with friends, family, partner, whatever, and just chilling, chatting and everyone is just being themselves, and enjoying it. Then it hits you, just how great a moment this is, and how perfect the world seems to be for that split second... when everything just is, and you have no hang ups or worries.

flogen
    ah i love those moments, not many in my teenage years tho, as im finding it hard to be myself around people my own age, they tend to be sarcastic little ****ers atm.

Especially in school, i like to sit and day dream and just think about different people in the world, and what people in other countries are doing right that very second.

Hearing a good song, basic i know but very true. a song you like can put you in a good mood all day.

Going to concerts.

Going to lans, they are always great craic, and the people are always funny and helpfull.

Watching something like scrubs, always puts me in a good mood, goes back to being yourself like my first comment, jd is a total geek but he has pleanty of mates and sexy girlfriends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Family, friends, my lovely boyfriend.

Chocolate eclairs.

Sex.

Gin.

Christmas.

Laughing so hard my stomach starts to ache and tears spring to my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

Family, Friends, My lil doggie, My car.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Family
    Friends, esp hearing from an old friend out of the blue
    Hugs
    Scrubs/Black Books/Monty Python
    Chocolate
    That feeling you get after your last exam if you know they went ok
    Being on holiday
    Books that you can't put down
    New shoes
    Birthdays
    Christmas,esp Christmas Eve

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Family, friends, girlfriend, car, life

Oh, and the intarweb :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Big Hot Sunday Dinners (steak and chips today)
    Playing a gig and having it go well
    Being the first band on and having 2 more excellent bands to watch (both last night)
    My Family
    My friends, who are always there for meh.
    Sitting in my friends room, listening to AC/DC or Led Zepplin and planning our lifes.
    Being with my close girlfriends.
    Lunchtime on fridays, ive either English and Geography or Pe and Geography left, im eating, and the weekend is coming.
    English classes. I am good at english, and some of my best friends are in the class and the teacher is a walkover.
    Resisting temptation of chocloate. (gimme spots!)
    My grannies cooking
    Black Books, Family Guy, Blackadder, Dirty Sanchez
    Taking Photographs or filming
    Bacon Sandwhiches.
    Old School Rock.
    A good joke.
    Little momentswith your friends that you remember, but that no one else would get. (you killed her you ****ing junkie!, death metal door to door salesmen, eyebrows, singing the tetris theme, sheep-shagging jokes)

Those moments where you realise life is sweet!
    Sexcellent thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Rainy mornings when your alarm goes off at 7.45 and you start to get up out of bed and you think nothing would make you more miserable than looking back at your bed and wondering "what if it was saturday?"...

Then you realise you just didnt turn the alarm off after the morning before and theres the sudden dawning moment where you know it's saturday and nothing will make you happier than just hopping back into bed and lying there.

Those mornings ya don't even have to go back to sleep you can just lie there listening to the rain secure in the knowledge that you dont need to go to work/school/college till next monday

That and budwiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

Can i hear an 'AMEN!' to the above? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Battlesnake

Surprises!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Women who will 'try anything' once & induldge in particularily wierd 'in the sack' stuff.... I say 'bravo ladies, you make the world a better place'......

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

i love batman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I love my car,
    My dog,
    My pussy cat,
    I love the rat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Oxygen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

spoon wrote:
    i love batman

Ha ha! the Batman outside Buckingham Palace. I was pissen my hole laughing!! :D:D

The best thing i love about life is when i can go out and have fun! Theres nothing else i could ever love about life. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

What a great thread. Where do I start - I love lots of things!

First is my family - I have an excellent, supportive, caring, crazy, funny, kind, honest family. I love our get-togethers especially at Christmas and we're all in my Grandad's house on Christmas night. All the men out playing cards, my Grandad (devouring a bottle of Jameson's) and all the women in the sitting room chatting and having a singsong and all the kids in the front room playing with their new toys they got from Santa. Always one of the best days all year!

I love my kids - especially when they are sound asleep at night and they look like little angels. I also love the way both my kids love each other so much and watching the close bond they have makes me so proud. The unconditional love I as a Mother have for my kids and the same as they adore me and run out to meet me after work delighted that I'm home.

I love nature and walking on the beach and watching the waves. Or driving in the countryside. Arthurstown has some amazing green scenery.

I love having a few drinks and relaxing at the weekend especially eating out - good food and good company.

I love soaking in a hot bath with candles after a stressful day.

Its nice when people are just really nice for a change instead of ignorant or mock or twofaced.

I love when my mates from when I was a teen and I meet up and reminise about the "good old times" like hanging on the Walzers in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

driving somewhere like the beach on a really hot day, windows down, sunroof open and a good song to sing along to that makes you feel happy like "im walking on sunshine"
    my boyfriend
    having a good laugh... one of those laughs were you havent laughed properly in awhile and you cant stop laughing and its like a big release!
    when i passed my leaving cert..... amen
    and i love those days when, everything and everyone is so nice- nothing can go wrong - im walking on air days.... wish they happened more often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Nothing these days to be honest.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

all Yore Base

had to be said before the almighty...Yore Ma!
    hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hammering up the comeragh mountains against the clock on my bicycle. Overcoming the initial shock when your body tries to stop you before getting your second wind and then finally fading until your heart is trying to break out your rib cage, you are no longer sure if you are breathing, you see yellow flecks in front of your eyes, your jaw hangs down so you are dribbling, you can't hear anything just a faint din like holding your ear up to a seashell, you want to stop, your brain is telling you its ok to quit, no shame, your body is begging for mercy, trekkers and tourists are staring and some even cheer you on, everything goes in slow motion, and then finally, you are at the top.

The sweet relief of being able to stop, collapse in a heap and then realise that you've posted a Personal Best, what a great feeling. Made all the greater by the indescribable suffering you have just gone through and the knowledge that you beat the mountain again. Yeah I know I might be alone on that one, or perhaps a sado masochist. But it makes me feel very alive (although the price 15-30 mins of suffering where you wish you were dead).

Seeing something new in new countries, e.g. driving around the route of the Grand Prix in Monaco, cable cars and hiking in the alps, spending a day in the louvre, or at a broadway play in NYC, christmas shopping in boston in the snow.

The feeling you get when you realise someone fancies you and you fancy them too (rare).

Driving with the roof down in a convertible by the sea on a sunny warm day. (I miss my convertible!)

The spontaneous things you thought would be a chore, like bringing my 3 year old nephew to world of wonder to try to stop him looking for his mammy when I was on babysitting duty, a chore at first, but ended up me wearing a cowboy hat, him wearing a soldiers helmet playing eye toy groove until my arms were hanging off from both playing and holding him up high enough to be seen by the camera in the game so he could play. We were there 2 hours messing with toys, what was going to be a chore turned into a memorable afternoon revisiting my own childhood. And despite a 25 year age gap, we both enjoyed each others company that day.

To have a friend come through for you when you didn't expect it. Went through a rough patch at christmas and really found out who my friends were and the lengths they would go to for my sake. Same with my family, changed what I thought of all of them, it really humbles you and their reactions and support turned what I thought was the worst thing possible into perhaps the most valuable lesson I will ever learn. I was always independant and headstrong, and always thought I could handle anything, but in the end they all saved me from myself and it has changed how I evaluate who my friends.

Number one though, what I love about life is the ability to make a loved ones life a little better, I loved being able to afford to buy my dad a vintage car he always wanted for this birthday, or being able to send my parents who had never left irish soil in their lives to Paris for their anniversary. Being able to do that for them, thats great. A small step towards payback for the sacrifices they made for me.

Finding out that my dad who was always indifferent to me about college etc.. used to go around boasting to anyone who would listen about his 'genius' son in university behind my back, so the look of pride when I got my degree, even though it meant nothing to me at the time, that was something I will always remember about my graduation. The day was a chore to me, but a great occasion for them.

Theres so much more, but most of it is one off stuff.

Did I mention chocolate and crisps.

Oh yes, and seeing my ex gain about 30 pounds since I split with the cheating so and so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Family, friends, health, freedom, music, learning and those all too rare occasions that I get to share with the one person who restores my faith in mankind.

Oh, and snowboarding :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I love it all - it's feckin greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat

but i especially love driving to really good mucic like the pixies trompe le monde

Advertisement