Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU/boards meet up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

CuLT wrote:
    In fact, I'm there RIGHT NOW.

Hum, you were in a comp labs a long time since i left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

Crucifix wrote:
    Start drinking at four? Don't you people eat dinner?

simply put....yes....just not at normal times :)

Crucifix wrote:
    Start drinking at four? Don't you people eat dinner?

Some of the unlucky us, are still under age. nooooooooooo. 3 people i know of Ally, Kev(smellyirishman) and ofcourse me.

Eanna, some of these people live close to dcu, and uhm eat in the dcu restaurant or home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

CuLT wrote:
    And will be tomorrow morning, probably from 9-10ish.

i hear ya, getting in early is far easier than getting in late, ill seeya there

i hear ya, getting in early is far easier than getting in late, ill seeya there

I think you mean, its way better to be early than to be late as always i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Yay for underage people!

I demand an "Underage Students" society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

*snigger*

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Haha! anyone who I see at that computer will recieve earsecks.

Or else I'll just act like a homeless guy and make them irritated by asking them for spare change and cigarettes in the local accent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, I reackon the meet up should be on BOTH DAYS. Cuz there is bound to be some people who miss it. And the bouncer at the old bar isn't too strict. I mean, I got in without ID. Just say you left it in your place and you'll show him tomorrow, make sure to go in with 18+ people and ye should be fine. Or wait til he's on the phone. Always on it. Heh.

Also, I didn't even notice the new bar, does anyone use it? Looks less busy. So I reakon meet up in the hub somewhere. It's central. On the first day, and on the second. I've no idea of the times that the clubs and soc are running, probably all day, but at some stage.

It's 1.37 and I have to get up at 6. :( I'm going to bed. And I'm ment to be socailising soon....gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

we can all go to wg03 in res before the freshers ball on thurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

CuLT wrote:
    God dammit where ARE you sionnach? I've been wandering around with that CD I meant to give you at the last boards beers on the offchance I ran into you.

I'm oftentimes to be found at the PC nearest the printer in L125 :D . In fact, I'm there RIGHT NOW. And will be tomorrow morning, probably from 9-10ish.

lmfao i left l125 yesterday at exactly 7 o clock, missing you by just fifteen minutes, and now i have a lecture, meaning i'll miss your nine to ten slot. post a reply with the times you're free at today and ill meet up with ya whenever im free too. :)

Gad, looks like i'll only be free after 4:30, but if that's good for you, then it's good fer me!

I'll probably stick around til 6 or so anyway, i luv teh interweb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

hrmm pretty sure i walked past you on the way into ca labs as you walked out :D didn't stop you seeing as you were on your way to a lecture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Some of us arnt even going to lectures yet.....

/me is bored in L101.

your repeating arent you??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I'm sitting in computers, where they are doign the most boring stuff. So I'm online instead. Woop!

Spoon is that your place? Or some random fools?

good stuff jes :)
    live the dream :)

another lecture cancelled another day in the pub..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i'll be there 4pm on thursday

thedara wrote:
    your repeating arent you??

Quite possibly yes.

• Advertisement

just wondering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

If I get the cash to drink before and during the ball then I'll well be there at 4.

edit: on thursday that is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I should be there at 4 on Thursday, provided this lab isn't on. I'm sure it won't be on for the first week.

Cash = problem.

However If i am for some reason hanging about the collage I might make my way to this meeting of alcoholics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

where is the meet up, and time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Yeah, who's making the "Boards.ie meet up here" sign? I've got stuff til five myself (I think).

• Advertisement

Myself and Jimeatsmenu (though not a DCU student) are hangin' around the campus with nothing to do atm. Anyone fancy a drink?

Right, screw this waiting! We're going to the bar. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome.

[I'm the guy with the lazy red mohawk.]

Wait are you guys still here?!

I'm in XB27 come get me!

I'm all the way back at home .... invent some sort of teleport device to bring me to the pub and I'll join you. I am now sufficiently fed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Back in labs now (I've no idea where I am).

• Advertisement

Back in labs now (I've no idea where I am).
    Thats possibly because you dont go to DCU....

*possibly.

Tried to find you Amz. Failed. You weren't in XB27 when we got there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

I was in the dcu bar all night. In fact I just went into the labs. You still there? Probably gonna go home tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

Jesjes wrote:
    Spoon is that your place? Or some random fools?

tis negevs place, but ill be there.

I was in XB27 'til half five, then I'd a meeting.

Such a waste of three hours.

Dammit! Missed you, adjodlo, by a matter of minutes too.

Oh well ...
    I'm in the library at the moment. Have a meeting at 4 so have to hang around 'til then.

Bleugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Wg03
    Now!

I'm in the fiontar labs. And I'm crazy bored. AND none of my mates are going to the carnival tonight, and I've already got a ticket. So I might be there wondering around on my lonesome.

I'm sitting in what will probably be the shortest lab I'll ever do.

All I did was create a little java scripty thing. Took 20 seconds and I've two hours to do it.

• Advertisement

Thank god ye have internet access then.

Though I cant get onto any chat clients...or rather I can't download them. RAR!

IT's tomorrow folks, I aint gonna be online to arrange stuff, but I'll be round tomorrow, look for me and whatnot. I'm blonde...and stuff. Look for other people you might know and they'll know me. MAybe.

If someone actually arranges stuff let me know!

CuLT wrote:
    All I did was create a little java scripty thing. Took 20 seconds and I've two hours to do it.

Get used to it Cult. Thats what majority of the rest of the year will be. 2 hour lap done in about an hour. Shall be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

anyone in ca labs now?

I'm in XB27 at the mo' so bored ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

S115 for me. Wooo, Matlab!!!

I've eaten my lunch and I'm still hungry ... someone bring me food!

I would but then i'd have to come all the way out from Howth to do it.

And what would I get in return?

My charming and delightful company ... I've an entire computer lab to myself.

*spins on the spinny chair*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

So what's happening with this meet tomorrow? What time and where?
    If anyone wants to say hi to me I'll be at the Martial Arts Club table (76) until 1pm.
    Hey Amz, are you the PRO on the womens rugby/SCC member?

Advertisement