Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i just know im going to win!

Options
  • 07-09-2004 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

ever have that gut feeling the your going to win the lotto?

well i get it every week, but i just know tomorrow is my night to win.
    its 5 god damm million, and im already dreaming of what i should buy and who i shoud treat.

what would you do if you won it. how would you spend your money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'd buy you an island.

buy me an island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

i build a big fu cking house with a huge kitchen and have all the latest gadgets in it. and i'd buy the biggest jeep i could just to look cool.

man oh man!! how i want to win it so bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

You win 5,000,000 euro and you'd buy a kitchen?

Some people just don't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Is there some site where you can do the lotto online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I would buy The Bentley Continental GT
    that is one sh1t hot car Have a look here :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

You'd probably just put a spoiler on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i'd do the same with €5,000,000 as id do with €50. buy 20benson, and get drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Year long party, large house, car, Island with summer house in the mediterranean ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

If I won 5 million - I'd give 1 million to my Mam, 1 million between family and friends, some money to charity and as for the other 3 million. Well I wouldn't move house because I love where I live but I would get it totally renovated - I always wanted an arcade in my house so I'd have my own arcade with a jutebox, slot machines, dance machine, pool table and some eighties games like bubble bobble and pac man. I'd go on a world cruise. I'd buy a holiday home in the south of France.........I could go on and on.....

My Grandad (who's nearly 81) says he wouldn't tell his family and close friends and have a surprise night in a real fancy restaurant for us all. He said he would then stand up and tap his glass at the head of the table and make a speech just before dinner and tell us all and give us all a cheque each which would let us all pay off our mortgages and have a holiday. How sweet is that?

Yeah I'd give my dad enough money so that he could retire now and send the pair of them to Africa for 3 weeks, give my GF's brother enough to renovate his house, buy an apartment for my brothers (but they'd still have to pay 'a bit'. Nobody should have it that easy)
    I wouldn't pay off my mortage as the interest you could earn on that money would be more than the interest you'd pay on the mortgage over 30 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I reckoned I'd win it last week cos I got dumped on by a pigeon.

I forgot to get a ticket. :rolleyes:

I'd pay off my student loans, buy back my grandparents house so'z I could live there, get my parent's house done up, pay for my sisters' school/college/whatever, share some of the love with family and friends, my best friend is promised a million of my first 3million (silly us!), and then I'd bugger off around the world for a while to see all my foreign friends. Oh and I'd give a few bob to my old department and student's union, and, of course, to boardsy! ;)

/me wanders off to pay into work syndicate

fozzle wrote:
    buy back my grandparents house so'z I could live there,

Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Naw i'm gonna win. I'm on a roll after winning €100 on it on Saturday :D
    2 more numbers, baby

If you're all nice i'll donate €10 to the boards.ie lotto losers fund when i get back from by 2 year holiday.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I was thinking about what I'd do if I won the lotto last week, and then day dreaming turned into planning. Let's just say I was very disappointed when I didn't win, I was almost expecting it.

But THIS IS MY WEEK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

climaxer wrote:
    I always wanted an arcade in my house so I'd have my own arcade with a jutebox, slot machines, dance machine, pool table and some eighties games like bubble bobble and pac man.
    Good idea, but you don't need 5mil for that. Check out http://netbox.home.mindspring.com/arcade/ and build your own arcade machine!
    I'd like to do this but have niether the time, wood, nor sufficient opposable digits to complete such a task :(

Well, maybe I do have the digits, but not the inclination.

If I won 5 million, I'd probably do the same as the rest of ye. Buy house, pay parents and loans, give to charity, go on a big holiday and then take it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ah, the weekly purchasing of the right to dream, or as an old school teacher used to call it: "the government's tax on those that are bad at maths" (guess what subject he taught? :rolleyes:

First off, I'd buy my parents out of the mud-flinging and **** that goes with their divorce, then massive party for everyone I know (just so I could never have some begrudging cvnt say I'd never even bought them a drink), quit my job and spend a few years travelling while the majority of the win rested in blue chip shares befiore buying myself a business of some kind. Nothing fancy, maybe just a pub or something. Buy meself a jag, donate a new server to boards, pay for a music room and speedball court for the respective clubs in UCG, a few presents for friends and live happily ever after...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'd buy a second car and modify it. Something like a twin turbo Supra and put bigger turbos and a nice shot of NOS. That itself wouldn't cost much, but you'd have to make all sorts of mods to the engine to be able to cope with it. Thirty grand would probably be loads.

Give the family a quarter million each, buy a big ass house........the usual stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well, if I decided to use it for a Dublin house, I could probably afford a 2 bedroom appartment somewhere.

With the remaining money I could probably afford to:

* Get a nice big house, complete with swimming pool... 1/64th scale doll's house from Smyth's toy store.

* Luxurious round-the-world holiday via flicking through a series of photos collated from various travel brochures

* Gifts for friends and family bought from Dublin's Eurosaver store.

* Can of Dutch Gold and packet of crisps to celebrate my win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I have come up with a sure fire method to pick out the winning numbers. :D

I pick out my luckiest 6 numbers. Now we all know they are not going to come out so I discard them.
    That leaves 36 numbers. Repeat the process 5 more times until I have discarded every number I possibly think might come up.
    Now I have picked and doomed 36 numbers. The numbers left are the ones I wouldn't have picked in a fit.
    Going on my past record there is a good chance that they will win simply because I didn't pick them. So I use them.

Simple or what ? :cool:

PS If this works for you, don't forget where you heard it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Bloody hell if i won 5million id buy a huge house and put a swimming pool, steam room the lot in it.....
    then id get a property abroad.

id buy a ferrari and porche have all the best cars!!
    and id buy millions of new clothes
    and of course give money to charity's and my family. :D
    Id really love to have that much money

• Advertisement

I actually know someone who won 2.3 million pounds a few year ago. she was a student at the time and the first I knew of it was when I opened the paper and her big grin nearly which blinded me. She was holding one of those oversized cheques.

She said not remaining anonymous was the worst mistake she ever made. People from charities were knocking at her door several times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i hate that when beggers plague people who've won the lotto. feckers should do it their damn selves if they want lotto money. :p

i want one of these! but i can't find a price for it, but if I was a billionaire I'd get it's big brother for $78 million. :eek:

The Integrity 213 is a 65-meter (213') personal luxury submarine. The initial design was originally executed for a client and now awaits a buyer. As proposed, the submarine would constitute the single largest private undersea vehicle ever built, and arguably, the most significant personal transportation device of the 20th century.

integrity213.jpg

oh well, i can dream.

integrity213-int.jpg

it's good site for 'wet' gadgets by the way. http://www.nauticalniche.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'd buy a house, one of these, sort out my family and closest friends, have a big party, try to go to as many of the places on my "to do" list and then when I got back I'd probably have to find a job or two to pay for my insurance in the DB9!!!

Just thinking though, I find it funny the amount of people that say they reckon they are gonna win the lotto when they buy a ticket. It just makes me think, why would you buy a ticket if didn't think you were gonna win!!!! :D

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Yeah, I'd NEVER NEVER NEVER tell people. My family and friends would have to keep it pretty secret.

I'd probably buy a nice two-bedroom apartment in D4 or somewhere similar. A nice second-hand BMW. Give a moderate amount to my parents and two brothers (maybe €100k each?), a couple grand each for my many cousins, and €10k each for my closest friends. Do a lot of travelling. Invest most of the rest in stocks and bonds. I am a saver/investor by nature so probably wouldn't waste most of it, but ensure I use it to live the rest of my long life in comfort without working too hard. Maybe open a business selling expensive and useless crap to rich people. That is my dream anyhow!

I know enough rich people to realise that €5 million can go quickly if you waste it - a big house in Ireland and a few properties around the world, a couple of flash cars, free money for all your friends, a horse (what a waste of cash!) or two and it'll all be gone! They say you need about $50 million to be 'don't-give-a-crap' rich - i.e. do what you want and no need to worry about a thing.

yeah, really. 5 mill ain't much!
    As they say, if you can't afford to buy two Ferrari's you can't afford to run one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd tell everyone...

And then buy a few rottweilers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Blisterman

jor el wrote:
    Good idea, but you don't need 5mil for that. Check out http://netbox.home.mindspring.com/arcade/ and build your own arcade machine!
    I'd like to do this but have niether the time, wood, nor sufficient opposable digits to complete such a task :(

I already did this. No need for me to win the lotto. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Bloody hell if i won 5million id buy a huge house and put a swimming pool, steam room the lot in it.....
    then id get a property abroad.

id buy a ferrari and porche have all the best cars!!
    and id buy millions of new clothes
    and of course give money to charity's and my family. :D
    Id really love to have that much money

It's 5 million not 50 million, and in this day and age 5mil isn't an awful lot.

If I won it, well I'd keep quiet about it anyway. I'd also save most of it, no point blowing it on a load of crap.
    I'd give a decent chunk to the parents, after all they give you they deserve to get a little back.

I'd probably buy a decent sized house and a car. I'd love a CL 65 AMG. I'd also make sure I have a home cinema set up in the house. Then that'd be about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

As far as I know you can take a reduced lump sum or the 5 million in yearly instalments. Damn it, gimme my 5million.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

As far as I know you can take a reduced lump sum or the 5 million in yearly instalments. Damn it, gimme my 5million.

What? this is the Irish lotto we're talking about here, not some muppet American's. They check your ticket and give you a bank draft on the spot. For the full amount- all 5 million glorious euro......... mmmMm euro.

Advertisement