Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameStop vs Smyths vs Game

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

evad_lhorg wrote:
    6th best GAME shop at the moment dont ya know?
    Actually we were 7th yesterday. Go us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Wait.. were you the guy I was talking to when I bought Harvest Moon a few days ago. I dunno why I bought it tbh... I mean 60 quid?! But it was the only copy I found in the city that day so it felt exclusive and I just couldn't resist... <blabbers on with excuses>...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

If you are asking me that question then no. harvest moon is probably not worth 60 euro but it's not our fault it scans at that. it's been out since march so I would have thought it would be at least 45euro now.

Actually we were 7th yesterday. Go us.

oh and go us +1! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I got HM for €50 in Gamestop iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

evad_lhorg wrote:
    If I didnt work in game I dont know where id buy my games.
    Curious to know if many people have availed of the 5 games trade in offer at Game. I have quite a few old games which I never traded in because they weren't worth anything but I may well trade them now.

there have been quite a few actually. especially today with burnout 3. Im not fully up on the deal as I havnt been given a till code yet(*shakes fist) so I cant be dealing with sales I just convince the people to buy somethin for now. as far as I know the games must be 15 euro or higher as a new game. then i think the deal applies.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Actually, we're taking anything except football (pre-2004) and wrestling. So some games have a 3.99 scan and under this deal we're having to take them for a 12 euro trade-in...

oh yea forgot that one. we'll take pro evo 3 but thats it. we have too much wrestling and football. they go out of date too quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'm not voting... I think you know why...
    atarijaguar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

Yes Im back. Sorry about the delay in replying to my adoring fans. Yes you people know who I'm talking about. You see the staff in Dawson St and Grafton St (the only two I know about at the moment) are going mental trying to work out who I could possibly be. I'll let them keep guessing for the time being. ;)

Anyways as my post's title says Absolam, damn you. I was going to post a similar poll but like I said I have been off line for a while. The poll I was going to do was more of a which specific store do people shop in. The reason I wanted to know this is because Im interested in how many people here actually shop in Grafton St's Game branch. Yes I have a problem with them of sorts. But anyways thats for another post. Although I will let people know that the idiotic manager that works there with the english accent is now leaving to go on a trip around the world so no longer will the staff of Game have to put up with his idiot ways and ideas.

As for me I will continue to hate that store until the day comes when the door and hopefully my foot hits him on the way out ;)

Till later Game Store Haters ;)

Sam Hain

Are you emplyed by game? And which manager? the grafton street one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Whew!! This has kinda turned into a 'I hate Game, except the cute girls' thread. Nobody has said much about Game Stop, who have only 15%, and not a word about Smyths, who the majority (46%) think are the best shop out there! So where are the positive I love Smyths stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Generally I just window shop in the stores when I am in town, then buy online.

For one it is a hell of lot cheaper, second the stores appear to be holding less and less PC games.

I can only assume there is some kind of little cartel going between the shops to keep the prices so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Just picked up Burnout3 this afternoon (Xbox).

Off bus on OConnell st (Dublin) strolled down to Game (E59.99), walked past Gamestop (being refurbished) down to Smyths (E54.99).

Presented Loyalty card (free to sign up) for 10% bonus off brought the price under E50.

Result: One happy gamer (again) who always shops in Smyths :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Absolam wrote:
    So where are the positive I love Smyths stories?

I'm sure a good few people are sick of this old 'debate', and have posted many times before on the many threads on this subject so they just used the poll.

I’m a little more amused how Smiths were going strong from the start, while Game just shot up at some point – everyone must have just got into work, or something. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

Whew!! This has kinda turned into a 'I hate Game, except the cute girls' thread. Nobody has said much about Game Stop, who have only 15%, and not a word about Smyths, who the majority (46%) think are the best shop out there! So where are the positive I love Smyths stories?

What cute girls work in game. I can only think of one. ;)

Advertisement