Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Sceptic's tests support homoeopathy" story

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

pH wrote: »

Detailed scientific explanation of Homoeopathy by Dr Charlene Werner (the original clip linked on Bad Science was removed, and this is too good to miss).

Oh sweet mother of God, that is just...that's just....shocking.
    :eek:

I just had a really sh1tty year last year and if it wasn't for modern medicine I may have be looking at really bad things this year. I can't get over how people get coaxed into such sh1te as this. I'm willing to bet that if I went down the homeopathy route I'd either be dead or in incredible pain and discomfort. :mad:
    Is there any Jenny McCarthy like body count thingy for people who die as a result of homeopathy?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Malty_T wrote: »
    Is there any Jenny McCarthy like body count thingy for people who die as a result of homeopathy?

http://whatstheharm.net/homeopathy.html

That site is just depressing sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

There's been a few witty quotes to try to explain just how dilute homoeopathic remedies are, but the following concerning Boots 30C Arnica are my current favourites! :)

Since the dawn of civilisation. If every human being since the beginning of time had saved every last penny, denarius and sea-shell, we would still have not saved-up enough to purchase a single arnica molecule from Boots.

To put homeopathy in a medicinal context, if you wanted to consume a normal 500mg paracetamol dose you would need ten million billion homeopathic pills.
    Where each pill is the same mass as the Milky Way galaxy
    . There is actually not enough matter in the entire known Universe to make the homeopathic equivalent of a single paracetamol pill.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/science/2010/01/homeopathy-by-the-mindboggling-numbers.html

Advertisement