Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brunettes V Blondes

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

I think black hair looks sexiest on a girl.... asian women have deadly black hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭df001i6876

blonde have more fun because you can see them better in the dark.

a quote by the late film star Cary Grant. I like blonde too.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Sleepy wrote:
    Personally I find girls dying their hair particularly unattractive, lacking in class and usually being done as a result of some lack of self respect. In this regard, I think it's a perfectly valid thing to judge someone on.

JEBUS CRISPS! That's got to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard.
    I have brown hair. I dye my hair approximately the same shade of brown to cover a few stray white strands I aquired after the shock of an horrific bicycle accident. Basically, I colour my hair for vanity's sake so I don't look like a silver-haired fox to early for my years.

Yet, according to you, I have no self respect??!!!! :eek:
    In response to your ideas on lacking in class... you obviously have none!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

JEBUS CRISPS! That's got to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard.
    I have brown hair. I dye my hair approximately the same shade of brown to cover a few stray white strands I aquired after the shock of an horrific bicycle accident. Basically, I colour my hair for vanity's sake so I don't look like a silver-haired fox to early for my years.

Yet, according to you, I have no self respect??!!!! :eek:
    In response to your ideas on lacking in class... you obviously have none!
    Why have I no class exactly Kermette? Because I don't like cheap tramps bleaching their hair? Because I think women that dye their hair stupid colours are attention whores? If that means I've no class in your eyes, you've a funny definition of the word.

The type of hair dying you're talking about I can accept because it's being done to counter premature greys, you're bringing yourself back to what you should look like, not to some ludicrous idea of what will get you attention from men.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Sleepy wrote:
    Personally I find girls dying their hair particularly unattractive, lacking in class and usually being done as a result of some lack of self respect. In this regard, I think it's a perfectly valid thing to judge someone on.

Sleepy, your original comment did not mention
    cheap tramps bleaching their hair
    nor did you specify that
    I think women that dye their hair stupid colours are attention whores

Your original comment was a tad on the harsh side because it was a HUGE generalisation.
    I have to agree with you though, bleached blonde does look crappy.
    BUT, I think the whole "un-natural" colour thing, ie. red, blue, purple etc., that looks ok on people as long as they're young.
    There's nothing worse than seeing a bloated wrinkley 50 yr old woman with short spikey scarlet hair :eek:
    /me shudders

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sleepy, your original comment did not mention
    nor did you specify that

Your original comment was a tad on the harsh side because it was a HUGE generalisation.
    I have to agree with you though, bleached blonde does look crappy.
    BUT, I think the whole "un-natural" colour thing, ie. red, blue, purple etc., that looks ok on people as long as they're young.
    There's nothing worse than seeing a bloated wrinkley 50 yr old woman with short spikey scarlet hair :eek:
    /me shudders
    It's just the worst, and makes no sense. Unfortunately it's the law in The Netherlands that once you turn 45 you have to hack off most of your hair, dye the rest of it rust and scowl till the end of your days. It hurts my eeeys and my braaaane!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Ravenheads always do it for me, natural or otherwise. All others pale in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ravenheads always do it for me, natural or otherwise. All others pale in comparison.
    jesus help you if thats a pun

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

A good point about being a natural blonde - you get to hide any grey hairs for longer...personally I am against the bleached blonde look, naturally lightened by the sun is OK though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Kold wrote:
    I was thinking about posting a link about a response to this. When I discovered www.jesus.com has been taken over by the - er -followers. There used to be a guy (in Washington (state) I think Seattle) who had this site and just took the piss. He had pictures of himself - long-red-haired Jesus - who preached Guinness is good for you - daily showers - and shower with Jesus (if you're female :D ). Just curious if anyone knows wtf happened here?

Thoughts are: Bill Hick's "c'mere mister funny man. I'll have yuh know we'ze christuns here..." was he bashed to death by a bunch of bible wielding bible bashers?

Did he sell out to a TV evangelist who didn't need the million bucks to keep the press quiet about his love child :p

Hope to fcuk the latter ;)

{Admin} I appear to have strayed off topic here - er (ok grovel) please be cosmic about this :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Kold wrote:
    Ha ha! I didn't even realise that when I was typing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bunnyefey

Sleepy wrote:
    Why have I no class exactly Kermette? Because I don't like cheap tramps bleaching their hair? Because I think women that dye their hair stupid colours are attention whores? If that means I've no class in your eyes, you've a funny definition of the word.

The type of hair dying you're talking about I can accept because it's being done to counter premature greys, you're bringing yourself back to what you should look like, not to some ludicrous idea of what will get you attention from men.

Man Alive, I must be the lowest of the low with my Black and purple hair. Not a natural colour in sight. Guess Im an attention whore too*falls about floor before flicking hair back into place* "Did you see that?"*pose*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Bunnyefey wrote:
    Man Alive, I must be the lowest of the low with my Black and purple hair. Not a natural colour in sight. Guess Im an attention whore too*falls about floor before flicking hair back into place* "Did you see that?"*pose*

post some picks to let us see ;) .

im not jokeing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bunnyefey

Ah, come on, I just started posting here. Can't be giving away pics just yet. Give me at least another hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Bunnyefey wrote:
    Can't be giving away pics just yet. Give me at least another hour.

il be waiting ;) .

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ye lazy-eyed psycho.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

I heard some where that a survey was done and it found that most men consider blondes to be marriage material while they thought of brunettes as good for short term or a bit on the side???

Just wondering what ye think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

narommy wrote:
    I heard some where that a survey was done and it found that most men consider blondes to be marriage material while they thought of brunettes as good for short term or a bit on the side???

Just wondering what ye think

I think you just made that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

Sleepy wrote:

There's no such thing as a "stupid" colour. Are women who wear shoes and skirts and shower every day attention whores too? The filthy durty bitches. Sluts the lot of them.

You have issues to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Everyone in my family was born with very blonde hair - we all grew darker as we got older. My youngest brother (early 20s) still has sorta blondish hair. While mine is now pretty typical Irish brown, with some grey hairs all over! Another friend (late 20s also) is very grey on the side of his head, and dyes his hair, but I couldn't be bothered (got a baby face anyhow) - is it an Irish thing to go grey early? I've always preferred blonde hair on women, would always look at a pretty blonde girl before a pretty brunette if they were sitting side by side. It is funny people's perceptions of blondes - an ex of mine is naturally blonde (grandfather from Sweden) and looks young, and everyone assumed she was a little slow or ditzy. She actually had a Masters from Harvard under her belt and was quite intellectual! People have funny ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Sleepy wrote:
    I think women that dye their hair stupid colours are attention whores

some ludicrous idea of what will get you attention from men.

Alright, that's enough narrow-mindedness, thank you, Sleepy.
    So because I have pink in the ends of my hair, means I am
    1. an attention whore.
    2. I only do it to attract attention from men.

Does it occur to you that maybe some people dye their hair a particular colour because they LIKE it?

Maybe you're the attention whore, coming out with ****e like that in the hope of getting a reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭df001i6876

ask me if you dye your hair blonde will you be blonde down there.

down were i asked she said u know .i said it will be a miracle if you do go blonde between your legs, she had jet black hair/ weird woman. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 javagirl00

Hello people, I joined just to post on this topic.

It's natural to want something one cannot have. Perhaps this is the reason why so many people dye their hair blond. I for one could never have blond hair because I have "dark" brown hair, almost black (the fact remains: it is biologically impossible to have black hair).

Anyhoot, if we are simply discussing color then wouldn't "brown" (at least what we classify as brown) be the prettiest color of all. "Brown" is the absence of brown that you see. And "yellow" the ugliest since it lacks the very color admired by so many. Just a thought! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1887083#

Debates/discussions, etc considering this matter always annoy me b/c as usual, Asians are always left out. It's funny how the media and society impose the western standard of beauty on everyone. Well at least it would keep the people that are prone to this type of influence together. Those that have grown above the norm (this) and can discover the true essence of what makes their own hearts skip a beat find their everlasting beauty.

Unfortunately, we as the human race are prone to sterotypes - it is only natural that we classify things into groups. Although society claim that sterotyping is uncivilized, this is not so. With civilization comes sterotypes. Do you see animals sterotyping, I think not. Anyhow, my point is that it's okay to generalize but you have to be open minded - when the facts are standing right there in front of your face, you have to alter your previous notions to accomadate the facts. All blonds are not stupid. All asians are not flat chested. All mexicans are not lazy. Yes, there are many blonds that I have encountered that aren't the smartest but I haven't met all the blonds of this world to make a fair judgement.

Some people say it's shallow to make judgements about hair color but it really isn't. People have preferences b/c we are intelligent beings, it okay to have an opinion. Just b/c their opinion doesn't kater to your notions, doesn't make it wrong or any less valid!!!!

WIth that I leave this forum, thx for the space :) Have a great life people!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

As me oul' fella used to say "You dont look at the mantlepiece when your poking the fire"

But that was him, me I prefer natural red heads. Blond hair with black roots and black eyebrows are a bit of a turn off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭shellspeare

As me oul' fella used to say "You dont look at the mantlepiece when your poking the fire"

:p that has to be one of the best metaphors i've heard. I'm naturally dark brown (Greek decent) In my 20's i tried going blonde and hated it, it lasted 3 days, i got lots of unwanted attention and found i was treat different, but not in a good way.

Advertisement