Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink shirts on guys

Options
  • 11-08-2004 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Right, so I bought this pink shirt with the intention of wearing it out this Saturday night. Now that I am looking at the shirt at home, it is VERY pink, a very girlie shade! (not that are any manly shades of pink that I'm aware of)

My question to the guys is what kind of reaction have you got from girls and guys from wearing a pink shirt out on the town? If you would never wear a pink shirt out, why not?

For the girls, what do you think of guys who wear pink shirts? Do you automatically assume they are gay?

Robbie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Lozjm

depends on the shade,

lighter the better really - ( for straight guys )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I wouldn't wear pink, but thats my choice. Suppose its because I'm not really into loud colours on clothes. Green is about as far as I go. I do have a bright yellow tshirt, but thats my Belle & Sebastian one so its excusable.

I suppose its because it looks very......undashing. For want of a better word.
    No actually, un dashing is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

You'd really need to post a picture of you wearing it for a proper opinion.
    Different people carry off clothes differently.

I certainly wouldn't get away with wearing a pink shirt - It just wouldn't suit me. But it also depends on the cut of the shirt, the style etc..
    I know lots of people who would get away with it and look really well.

Ultimately, if you feel good in it, and like the look of it, sod what anyone else thinks.

Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

if its a good shirt (quality etc.) no problem...should see the bankers in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

robbie1876 wrote:
    Right, so I bought this pink shirt with the intention of wearing it out this Saturday night. Now that I am looking at the shirt at home, it is VERY pink, a very girlie shade! (not that are any manly shades of pink that I'm aware of)

My question to the guys is what kind of reaction have you got from girls and guys from wearing a pink shirt out on the town? If you would never wear a pink shirt out, why not?

For the girls, what do you think of guys who wear pink shirts? Do you automatically assume they are gay?

Robbie

Is this the look you are going for??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

If anyone says anything nasty about your shirt just shout "ITS NOT PINK, ITS SALMON!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Darren wrote:
    Is this the look you are going for??
    LOL!! God no....

The shirt is fairly good quality and fits me well. I've fair-medium skin and blonde hair, and the shirt is quite a light shade of pink, so it may not work the best - I never think about things like that. I need to shop with girls more often.
    lafortezza wrote:
    If anyone says anything nasty about your shirt just shout "ITS NOT PINK, ITS SALMON!!"
    Hehe, I'm not gay, but that response is the surest way to make people think I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

It sounds like it could work, but we are gonna need a photo of you wearing it just to be sure. Were you going to wear it with jeans or trousers? On its own or with a tshirt underneath?

Yeah was going to wear it with some fairly funky jeans and a black jacket top, made of a velvet type material. I won't be able to get a photo up unfortunately though before Saturday.

I should point out that I'll be gigging on Saturday night with my funk/soul band, so the gear has to look good and funky onstage, but I'll be off clubbing after the gig, so it has to work there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

My honest opinion would be DONT DO IT! But who am i to say what looks good..
    I just keep thinking of that football guy Gary Lineker wearing his pink shirts & that AINT pretty. He looks so queer in them.

Would love to see a pic of it on you though. Can you post a pic??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

You'll get away with anything on stage -

Me in band a few years back

But if you're gigging, you might wanna change afterwards anyway (you might be a bit sweaty!).

But I reckon you'll look grand anyway.. You're probably just not used to seeing yourself in a pink shirt..whereas it won't make any difference to other people who've never seen you before anyway!

Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

The idea of the jacket over it would be a turn off from a girls point of view - you would be better off just wearing it over a nice cut jeans - something like the faded blue bootcut from Jack & Jones ...

But in general pink shirts on guys can look very well & you will get a lot of second glances just make sure the accessaries go well with it (loss the jacket)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

i wear pink shirts to work every so often and they are not too bad. Wearing it out is a different story. If you want my honest opinion rob id say dont do, particuarly with you having blonde hair.

Of course I'll be changing after the gig, what was I thinking! That sorts out the nightclub problem, but I'm still slightly wary of the pink shirt tbh.

Danni, I'm afraid to post a picture of me in a pink shirt in the same thread as the pic that was posted earlier lol....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Danni wrote:
    My honest opinion would be DONT DO IT! But who am i to say what looks good..
    I just keep thinking of that football guy Gary Lineker wearing his pink shirts & that AINT pretty. He looks so queer in them.

Would love to see a pic of it on you though. Can you post a pic??

Are you homophobic perchance?

ravenhead wrote:
    The idea of the jacket over it would be a turn off from a girls point of view - you would be better off just wearing it over a nice cut jeans - something like the faded blue bootcut from Jack & Jones ...

But in general pink shirts on guys can look very well & you will get a lot of second glances just make sure the accessaries go well with it (loss the jacket)
    Thanks ravenhead, any idea on accessories to go with pink then?

You'll get away with anything on stage -

Me in band a few years back
    Lol, that's pretty shocking in fairness lol. I feel better about my pink shirt now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

robbie1876 wrote:

It looks fine in a light shade with blue jeans and if you've got sallow skin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Pink shirts - Just say NO

Never liked 'em, never wanted 'em. Its just a colour that doesn't work for guys imho.

robbie1876 wrote:

Just the jeans with a chunky belt & a nice pair of shoes - are you going to wear the shirt in or out? (Yes it does make a difference) :p

• Advertisement

Out. What difference does it make?? :)

robbie1876 wrote:
    Out. What difference does it make?? :)

Cause it would look very camp if you had it tucked inside your jeans!

robbie1876 wrote:

pigtails?

pigtails?
    :D hehe, now there's a thought!

Are you homophobic perchance?

NO, not at all but if i guy was to chat me up in a pink shirt i wouldnt be into him. Thats just my opinion

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I predict many "Oh, that's so shallow" posts coming for that, but I'll start with a "you say that now, but you can't say for sure!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭gerkiely

I am wearing a pink checked tommy hilfiger shirt which sounds terrible , but I find that most women like it. The only thing is the blokes taking the p**s out of me.

ecksor wrote:
    I predict many "Oh, that's so shallow" posts coming for that, but I'll start with a "you say that now, but you can't say for sure!"

Jeez, he just asked what girls think of guys in a pink shirt. I gave my opinion. I'll lie if ye like and say "oh that would look cool"..
    Whats with these boards? If you have an opinion that not everybody thinks is right you get comments flung at you. I respect everyone else's opinion & im just giving mine

relax there danni, he was hardly getting at you, just commenting on your opinion, your not being victimised...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

No worries Danni, you gave your opinion but were nice about it. Some people don't like pink on guys, some people do - thats life!

Robbie I'd have to agree with Ravenhead on the jacket front - don't do it! Not sure about a "chunky" belt though, maybe a normal belt with a big buckle might be better?

Advertisement