Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you kill?

Options
  • 12-05-2001 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think I'd want to go back and kill anyone.
    As the very fabric of our existance would be utterly changed.
    History would take an altogether different route, and who knows what would happen???
    Could end up a lot worse than it is now...

Or am I talking Sci-Fi jargon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Why would you want to kill someone in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

grandfather paradox spring to mind, wouldn't it be cool to see what would happen if u killed one of ur great grand parents....

but if they didn't exist you couldn't exist, n if u didn't exist u couldn't of gone back n kill them then they'd be alive, but u'd be alive, n u'd go back n kill them....ahhhh my heads fried just thinkin about it!!! eek.gifconfused.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

At this moment, i feel like going back about an hour and killing Michael Owen frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

if i could go back i would kill isaac newton , then we wouldnt have gravity and floating would be my favourite past-time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Oh right so before Isacc Newton people just floated away into space WTF???????

*News Flash* News Flash* Gravity existed before Mr. Newton "Discovered it"

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun:
    I'd kill Jesus. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!</font>

Ah, but he gets to resurrect! Hah!

Changing call sign to SIERRA PAPA OSCAR OSCAR FOXTROT.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neil3030:
    Lets say you could travel back in time and kill 1 person and get away with it. Who would it be?</font>

Neil3030. Then azezil's head would't hurt! smile.gif

Changing call sign to SIERRA PAPA OSCAR OSCAR FOXTROT.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

mmmmmmmmmm either Id trace back to whichever evil ******* led to (Via his descendents) that whole nasty colonialism thing which is responsible fro most of the badness in the world. or Id build a super duper subcontinent transmogrifier and send all of colonial Europe to some other world... with chocolate , and lots of hookers... etc

Brer

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

or maybe whatever sadistic Bast cmae up with the idea of those leads for young children (shudders)

Terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Lets say you could travel back in time and kill 1 person and get away with it. Who would it be?

I'd probably go back to the stoneage, find the guy who invented the wheel, kill him, invent the wheel myself and put copyright on it smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The fella who invented television or cars
    hmm, that's gota be worth something there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I'd kill Jesus. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

id probly kill sum lad who ****ed up something awful to prevent it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Although when asked, I'd usually respond in the same way as Angelwhore or D-Generate, given the opportunity and not thinking about it (just going on impulse), I'd possible go back and "erase" a person who was directly responsible for the death of someone who was ... lets just say "very very dear to me" and leave it at that.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

killing doesn't solve nething, but in this case about hitler for killing so many ppls i'll make that an exception.

So I sit here empty hearted.......To wonder who farted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

I'd kill hitler,

BUT WHY STOP THERE, why hitler,

i could kill stalin after all he killed 15 million russians over 25 years of being dicatator, BUT thanx to him and his four 5 year plans he manages to save russian as an entire nation after it was decimated by two world wars,

i could kill the brits, but their colonisation tactics as bad as they were led to the instigation of america, australia, and many parts of india,

i could kill many many people,

but

A) why
    B) we might be alotm worse off for having killed them

sigh

/me is taking this topic too seriously

Wyvvy

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

If I could travel back in time, and kill someone, and get away with it...

I would travel back to 02:41 AM tonight and kill you Wyverne. That way I wouldn't have had to read your last post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

then you wouldnt have posted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

stupid paradoxi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RioTGurl

i would kill Bill gates...after threating him to get all his coll ideas...and then i wouldnt be sittin here rite now

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    /me is taking this topic too seriously
    </font>

i agree.
    but you are not the only one.
    and to all those people that said they would kill me (mainly you Victor), remember that i have telephoned back to the time of my birth warning myself of the "coming of Victor" and i will be ready for you mooohaaahaaahaaa tongue.gif

:)
    :)--:(:(:(:(-
    :):)---:)-:(
    :(
    :)-:)--:)
    :(:(:(
    :)--:)-:)
    :)---:):)-:(
    :)
    :)--:(:(:(:(-

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I would have to kill Jesus, im afraid due to te fact he alone dispite what his goals have been, has caused more bloodshead than any one else the world ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

planning to save millions of lives by killing hitler ir stalin is all very well but judt bear in mind that sooner or later someone just as bad, or god forbid, even worse could come along instead of them.

Yeh yeh all that saving war and killings and stuff is all well and good but i was thinking more along the lines of killing someone and inventing their invention or killing the writer of a really cool song and releasing it yourself or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Couldnt we just like bop em on the head and run down the patent office with thier idea instead of popping a cap in thier ass like?

Well yeah but could people just answer the question instead of coming up with witty remarks? plz no senseless posting. Neil3030 no like dis thread to be locked deletd edited or casted away to trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

yeah spam

but anyway here's one for ya ...

and no this is not the exact same as the grandfather paradox... as you still could exist just would be different.

go back and kill your self say 1 hour before you travel back in time!

now think about it. suddenly you would no longer belong in the universe but you are there at the same time. it would end up the same as a computer trying to divide by zero you'd crash the universe.

plus the fact that if you travel back in time and kill your self then you'd never have travelled back in time ... therefore you can't kill your self ... therefore you travel back in time to kill your self ... you get the idea.

[This message has been edited by Lord Khan (edited 14-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Khan:
    it would end up the same as a computer trying to divide by zero you'd crash the universe.
    </font>

Sure you would!... if you're the centre of the universe tongue.gif

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

well I am ... but any programmer knows ... only takes one element even the smallest one to bring down the whole program.

the chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. if a link should suddenly disappear ... what then

btw Can I forgot to mention in my last post ... isn't this thread just an excuse to talk about killing somebody? Man you need some help. you're just trying to rationalise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Gay Byrne.

Advertisement