Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seinfeld DVD News

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

Axel wrote:
    The extras are excellent. Commentaries by Jason, Michael and Julia are excellent , most of the episodes are done by the three

Sorry, but this is misleading as very few of the episodes have commentaries (unlike other TV sitcoms which I have bought on DVD where ALL episodes have commentary). I have not yet looked at all the discs but those that I have watched have only one episode with commentary. And at that, in the one I have listened to with these three, Michael is very quiet and does not get into it like Julia and Jason do, although these two are funny.
    But why does Julia preceed her comments by saying 'this is funny', you find it funny or you don't, it is always a mistake in any situation to preceed a joke by saying 'this is funny'.
    Also, what is with the three second black out in the middle of each episode (where the ad break would be). The whole point of DVD is that you don't have the irritation of breaks, I find this incomprehensible and very annoying because it its totally pointless (especially when it preceeds an establishing shot).
    'Notes about nothing' are interesting but badly done in so far as they sometimes run to three lines of text and are not on the screen long enough to read which requires lots of 'rewinding' and pausing.
    'Inside looks' are good but when a point is being made about an event in the episode the replay of relevant part of the episode is too long and not really required. This is just an excuse to flash out the extras and make a big claim of having hours of extras.
    In my opinion, for what it is worth, if like me you have most of these episodes on video you could well skip this box set and not miss much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Some disks have one commentary but others have more than one on them. Larry and Jer are the best. I really do like the deleted (extended scenes) especially the scene in The Heart Attack.
    Inside Looks are good but in Season 3 I felt some eps were slighlty rushed.
    I havent actually watched yet the originaly longer eps which are found on the commentary section.

I have a few Sein easter eggs.

Insert the first disc of the DVD set in your player and from the Main Menu go to
    the 'Extras' section. There, highlight the 'Yadda, Yadda, Yadda' menu entry and
    then press the 'Up' arrow key twice. This will highlight the red pepper on the
    fridge and give you access to a 3-minute lighting/wardrobe camera test clip
    featuring Jerry's apartment, as well as tests in a bank set used in the 'Male
    Unbonding' episode.

Now insert the third disc of the DVD set and go into the 'Inside Looks' menu.
    Highlight the 'Play All' menu entry and then push the 'Left' directional key on
    your remote control. This will highlight the giant fortune cookie. Press
    'Enter,' and a 3-minute featurette will play, discussing an episode scripted but
    never filmed entitled 'The Bet',
    involving Elaine buying a gun.

Now go to the 'Set-up' menu on disc 4 and highlight the 'Episodes' menu entry.
    From here, simply press the 'Up' key once to highlight a pea soaked in gravy.
    Press 'Enter' to see a 2-minute 'before and after' side-by-side restoration
    comparison video showing
    comparison clips from 'The Jacket' and 'The Baby Shower'.

Advertisement