Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOL !!!

Options
  • 31-05-1999 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I fell around the room laughing at this: Hope you all enjoy !

Through vote of command you have been discharged from the Starslayer Tribe for the following reasons:

- disrespectful towards other Tribe players
    - disrespectful towards other Tribe members
    - obstructing training
    - teamkilling on an open public server

In General behaviour unbecoming a Starslayer

Since your joining of the Tribe we have received several complaints and about your actions both in IRC and on servers. We have also watched your behaviour.
    The Starslayer Tribe has been built up as a militaristic unit, with a military ranking structure and so it is run as a military unit. We expect discipline and simple manor from all our members. Since we have seen that you cannot live up to this requirement you have been discharged from the Tribe effective immidiatly. You will no longer wear the SS tags and your members web-account will be terminated. Needless to say you wont be taking part in any SS events. From now on you are no longer a Starslayer !

Command Unit
    Starslayer Tribe
    European Battalion

I blame the "European Battalion Command Unit" who are obvisouly doing a crap job in taking people like me on board. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Jade (edited 31-05-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

to be honest I always thought the SS web site was the funnyest thing on the web

but its a bit sad you have been kiked from another tribe, on to jags jedi knights it is for you then

The Vaggabond of the Western World
    Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

yes jade, obviously we are putting to much trust into people such as yourself. you clearly have such a lack of respect for anyone other than yourself that it's nearly sickening to watch. your life mission seems to be to annoy as many people as possible at any given time, be it just before a match by leaving out of 'protest' or voting against an admin for our own private server. piss off as many people as possible. you're a sad individual.

as for our site. laugh if you wish. i've put a lot of work into it as have a few others. we must be doing something right if we're attracting a bunch of quality players (jade was one of the few exceptions) and have been around for a little over nine months now. so please don't start insulting SS.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

isnt immediately spelt with an e instead of an i?
    jeez, youd think the gaffer knew how how to speel smile.gif

I think you should know me enuf to know, ripper, that I do not mean to insult you,

I am coming from the point that you guys seem to be more organised than the UN.

I fully see that you seem to have put 100's of hours into the site and your clan in general , It just seems to me, from my perspective, you seem to put a bit too much effort into what is a game after all.

My opinion, if it pisses you off, I am sorry.

(PS why aren’t you guys in the UKTL yet www.barrysworld.com/uktl sad.gif)

Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Ripper - Will you stop that please smile.gif. I really don't have a clue where most of that stuff from you came from. For example the obstructing training bit. I think the problem was that I told one or two of the american side to **** off - and since that day - they don't like me smile.gif

You have to remember that its only a game !! And I for one play it for fun i.e after a hard day at work I like to come home and enjoy a good game of tribes. Altho no one wants someone coming onto the server and causing trouble, and destroying other people games, I can assure you that that TK'ing thing ripper mentioned was when I kill an immature american kiddy 3 time after him shooting me down at an INV station for no reason. You give it, you'll get it back. Period.
    You really need to lighten up Ripper, and stop saying I did all this crap ! Like in training - how did I obsruct it ? Not showing ? I have demos of all my training with SS which I will post and people will see that I did nothing worng. Just because I didn't get on with the American side of the clan, and they all complained doesn't mean you have to make stuff up to get me to leave SS.
    Look at EM for example - if SS could only follow in their footsteps. They are a group of sound ppl, who play tribes alot, decided to get together to play some games. They are real people who don't take the game too seriously. I'm sure some of them would be worried if Dr.Teeth starting sending crappy mails like the ones you do to each other.

Lighten up ripper ! You'll be old one day - then you will be allowed to behave like an old man who collects picture of water fountains for a living !!

Jade - sorry of this post is messy - but I'm doing it from Telnet - which is an interesting experience to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CheeseMonkey

I would just like to say that I agree with Jade, I have only being playing a few times and the only person in the whole Tribes community who has taken any time to help me is Jade.

Most of you other Cheese Monkeys have voted to kick me because I was a newbie lamer who would mess up your precious game.

So you give out to Jade for being disruptive when so many of you at some time or another have either ignored a newbie who wants to play or tried to kick me or succeeded in kicking me.

You are so precocious with your precious little game, how do you ever expect the game to survive...

its weird that some new guy would find the boards just in time to help Jade, when in fact neither have I seen jade help newbies, nor this new player play and most of all there are 5 or 6 ppl who regulary help newbies from Qui Gon (I still prefer Jag) to a few EM ers to SS lads and other general players,

who voted to kik you for being a newbie, what did you do, you say it happened to you more than once, give us some information.......

Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

so, please explain why SS are muppets ! we enjoy playing, otherwise we wouldn't BE playing. thing is that nobody got along well with Jade in the tribe and we got several complaints from 'outsiders' as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

why didnt ye get along?

did u try to understand jade? help jade be assimilated into your way of thinking? train jade ?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

A no, ye didn`t kick Jade out did you??

he's so cool, damn fine triber like himself, should be any clans honour to have him, so maybe he was a little dissful to someone, aren`t we all?? I tell my boss to get lost all the time and I don`t get fired like..

take him back, offer him a place..

Ro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

This entire thread should be sent off to the Dept. of Education for use in their English Literature A-Level preferred texts - the level of unwitting (?) sarcasm is fantastic. I shall be printing it off and sending it to Miss Gorman this afternoon smile.gif

--Brit--

www.tribesplayers.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

That mail from SS Central at the start of the thread is soooooo funny.

Do ye guys wear jackboots yeah? Ahhh lemme guess.... you all used to do LARPS, didn't you! Hah! Caught you out now!

If you have a European Batallion, do you have an airforce as well (SS.... Luftwaffe? Gestapo mebbe, they're the ones that keep the other tribes in line?) - a navy? U-Boats?

Maybe less time spent inventing grand titles and more time playing would see SS doing a bit better.... as it is, the only SS people you ever see on the servers are Ripper, Blade, Coyote, Yum, and.... yes, Jade. Letting go of one of the best players SS has over silly muppet reasons like this is just a bit dumb, ne?

Here at EM, less organisation (we just do what Brit tells us cos he's bigger than us... Teeth is still leader, but Brits bigger than him too, see...) and more playing on servers would a appear to be an approach that has paid off.

Cop on, SS.

Mata ne!
    Rob

---
    Anything witty or original is deliberate. Anything stupid or insulting is a typo. The opinions expressed in this post are my evil twins. Oh and I've had a hard day. And so has my evil twin. So take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

lol lol lol

lads ye should also know that Jade (aka bubbles) ONLY joins a clan/tribe/whatever to disrupt it and try to break it up

and he has suceeded
    its funny smile.gif

gwan....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

wernt SS those Nazi stormtroopers?

/me begins to see the pieces falling into place smile.gif

"The Electric Mayhem: Unplugged & Asleep"
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    homepage.tinet.ie/~robertg/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Qui Gon

How many names do you have:

Jade,Bubbles,cheesemonkey,ronin,cranky{sometimes},racerx,dillweed,butthead,
    raiden,sassanatch.

Jeeeez its unreal.

Qui-Gon
    Jedi Council
    "Be one with the force"

yes shinji..in short we ARE planning on taking over the world...but that's a well known fact..where have you been during for the last few months, thinking about how you could phrase your thread ?

and shinji, i am glad that you found that little email there at the top (which btw had no business being posted on this board in the first place) soooooo funny. although i'm afraid you missed the point. you see..contrary to popular opinion, it was not ment as a joke, but rather as a sign that we take what our members do with the SS tags very seriously.

you say that it was dumb of us to let go of jade, yes ? so was it not dumb of EM to do the same, or is EM an exception in your brilliant mind ? you see...for SS winning is _not_ everything, so we don't have to put up with people with attitudes such as jade has, merely because this one person has the skills that may ensure us a victory.

side note: our 'grand' titles were all 'created' while we were waiting for tribes to be released. EM runs itself the way it does, we run ourselves the way we do. i don't see what business it is of any of you ppl who find it necessary to go and try to make fun of us for what we do. Eventhough some of our members should be playing more, that is, again, none of your concern considering that EM isn't doing all that better than SS is...but...everyone has their good and their bad days.

i'm done replying to this thread.

[SS-01] Ripper
    Huntlord
    Starslayer Tribe

[This message has been edited by SS 01 Ripper (edited 31-05-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Jade

Right Jag you stupid stupid person - lets get the names sorted.

Jade - Tribes name i Used from month 2 from playing
    Bubbles - Quake name for last 3 years
    cheesemonkey - Unknown i.e not me !
    ronin - Every quaker knows him you muppet
    cranky - look up his i.p - he's from the states
    racerx - never saw that name
    dillweed - think your smart ?
    butthead - think your even smarter ?
    raiden - My tibes name from the first month - some1 else used it too - thats why i changed
    sassanatch. - is samspuds !

Go away you muppet - you have to find out that the irish gaming community was around long before you tried to take it over in tribes you silly little man.

Good one Ripper - you go off and write some more cool mails for our amuzement.

And you question to EM about letting me go ?

I left EM while posting a post about me moaning about stuff - to save crap happening with myself and other EM people at the time - i left in advance.

I left - they had no choice.

So you go running around a server with the tital "Huntlord" - because tribes needs some clowns to lighten it up - and SS proved to be the tribe that is lucky enuf to entertain us all.

Keep up the good work [SS-01]Ripper, rank Huntlord - leader of the Starslayer Tribe European Battalion Command Unit - AKA Rosco the Clown

I laughed so hard i nearly dropped the flag (which reminds me bout that STUPID bug where u got straight through the flag and it dont cap.... tis not funny...)

Back to the topic.... err.... which was ... /me checks back... Ah yess SS and the big bad boys of the west .

Lads afaik Tribes is a game Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllll out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Ripper - Will you stop that please smile.gif. I really don't have a clue where most of that stuff from you came from. For example the obstructing training bit. I think the problem was that I told one or two of the american side to **** off - and since that day - they don't like me smile.gif

You have to remember that its only a game !! And I for one play it for fun i.e after a hard day at work I like to come home and enjoy a good game of tribes. Altho no one wants someone coming onto the server and causing trouble, and destroying other people games, I can assure you that that TK'ing thing ripper mentioned was when I kill an immature american kiddy 3 time after him shooting me down at an INV station for no reason. You give it, you'll get it back. Period.
    You really need to lighten up Ripper, and stop saying I did all this crap ! Like in training - how did I obsruct it ? Not showing ? I have demos of all my training with SS which I will post and people will see that I did nothing worng. Just because I didn't get on with the American side of the clan, and they all complained doesn't mean you have to make stuff up to get me to leave SS.
    Look at EM for example - if SS could only follow in their footsteps. They are a group of sound ppl, who play tribes alot, decided to get together to play some games. They are real people who don't take the game too seriously. I'm sure some of them would be worried if Dr.Teeth starting sending crappy mails like the ones you do to each other.

Lighten up ripper ! You'll be old one day - then you will be allowed to behave like an old man who collects picture of water fountains for a living !!

Jade - sorry of this post is messy - but I'm doing it from Telnet - which is an interesting experience to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Ripper - read my disclaimer at the bottom. I had a _rotten_ day. Any attacks on SS are purely unpremeditated... tongue.gif

However, I should point out that Jade left EM, was not kicked out. Not our decision.

And as for the email at the top... It _is_ funny. Officious, pompous, ridiculous.... Are all words that fit perfectly... smile.gif

Can I just point out that I nearly fell off my seat when I saw "Qui Gon" slagging off Jade over nick changes.

This being Jaguar.... Kodiak.... Qui Gon.... all in the space of how many months?

Idiot.

Mata ne!
    Rob

hear, hear,

jolly good show smile.gif

I never saw the attraction of nick changing to be honest but each to their own smile.gif

Ripper, chill the fuk out, christ, so none of us see your army 'david koresh cum full metal jacket' style of leadership

fukit, get on with life.

Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

vagga: i dunno why we aren't in yet..i sent them a mail but they didn't respond.
    as for the organized bit..good, that's what we want to be (not more than the UN though =P ). but we still have fun playing.

jade: you didn't obstruct training by not showing. you did show up for all trainings. example of obstruction is when somneone votes for admin of the server and someone constantly votes no and thereby changes the outcome of the vote to fail. that really pissed me off and i can imagine that it really pissed hicks off when he was trying to get admin of his own server !
    i don't think i take gaming too seriously...it is after all just a game. working in a company that makes games, i think i understand that just fine. what i do take seriously is the tribe's reputation. if anyone hurts that reputation, we clamp down on it. the fact that you pissed off some US members has little to do with the fact that you were kicked and to be honest i think it most probably was the same reason you were asked to leave EM as well.
    Anyway, if you have anything else to say you can send me an email about it. No need cluttering this board with an argument that has nothing to do with anyone reading apart from us two.

I voted no you you's trying to get Admin ??? What the hell are you on about ? If it was me I would be laughing now. But befoe you go on and on about something I was ment to have done - show me the proof. Not that there would be any, and if you where bothered about finding the right person who did vote no - you should go and read the server logs before you accuse someone of an absolutly stupid thing !

OMG what is the world coming to

One of the best Irish Tribes players homeless again.

SS I bow to your onbvious(not) prestige. Yer muppets the lot of ya.. smile.gif

Isnt it time people accepted that Games are games... enjoy playing and chill out a bit

Bout time a decent suqad got together (EM are good, but we need an eliteist squad...)

Take it SS

i know i said i wouldn't reply to this thread anymore but fuk it.

so. the bunches of ppl who think they have to give their verdict about the starslayers...it's really amusing to see how many people are starving for some attention...and of course..at the top of that list is Jade. Making a simple little private internal matter into a big huge public affair. It's only a game you say, well..duh..i know so, too. I'll get my vengence Jade thinks...coming up with a great master plan to collapse SS. Well, nice to see that so many people actually take interrest in what my tribe does to members that like to piss people off.

vagga: you say i should take it easy, etc etc. how would you react if someone started flamming your tribe ? how do you think teeth or brit would react if someone started flaming EM, for example. now..i'm sure they wouldn't just sit back and say yeah...ok.

as for the misunderstanding about jade being kicked from EM...i apolgize for that. from what i heard, not only from EM members but also here on the board (quote: "but its a bit sad you have been kiked from another tribe,...")

so, let me explain why Jade was kicked out of the Tribe.

- disrespectful towards other Tribe players:
    We got several complaints about Jade's attitude towards other ppl on servers.

- disrespectful towards other Tribe members:
    First of all, after only the first week Jade managed to piss of half of the US members...now that must be a talent. then when i got back online after my telecom issue i hear she had pissed off the people i left in charge of the european ends of things as well.

- obstructing training
    this is the only thing not proven and i apologize if we were wrong in assuming this...during training (we suspect it was jade) someone continuesly voted 'no' for admin. since i know the others that were in the server at the time (and that type of thing is not characteristic for them) we assumed it was jade..again sorry if it wasn't.

- teamkilling on an open public server
    this came from someone that was not directly involved in the teamkilling incident. apperantly a player teamkilled jade, who then decided to teamkill the player back three times. we dont support teamkilling on purpose even if someone teamkilled first.

even taking away the obstruction of training and the teamkilling bit...jade would have been kicked out. as i said before there is no use having someone in the tribe that dislikes a large amount of the tribe and a large amount of the tribe dislikes this person. so go ahead. flame SS for it's angle it takes on this game, flame SS for the fact that we kicked Jade and go ahead and have ronin post an article or a whole goddamn book about it on qamex. as far as i'm concerned this was purely between Jade and SS and i see no reason for all of ireland to get involved !
    Look on the brightside. A talented player is free again.

[This message has been edited by SS 01 Ripper (edited 01-06-99).]

So I was kicked for

a) TK'ing a TK'er that killed me first

b) Annoying the Americans - I joined the European SS side - not the americans. I never insulted any people I have to play with in SS.

Hardly anything serious.
    You over reacted ripper. You not really the leader of the European side of things if you have to take orders from some of the Americans on something we all tought wasn't any of their business.

Jade

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If Jade is bubbles, why are you calling him a she? Last I heard he was guy, unless he finally got that money for that expensive sex change operation. smile.gif

The lot of you's are starting to sound like Quake1 players. Grow up ffs.

Dammit Hobbes !!!

I had all of SS thinking I was a woman - have some great logs of some of them trying to chat me up if your interested. Great reading.

• Advertisement

although we're split into so called battalions, we're still one tribe. we spend time in irc together and if pings allow, we play together. the descision to kick you wasn't only made because you pissed the US people off, it was made because you pissed european people off as well.
    besides, as founder of the tribe i have an active interrest in keeping intribe fighting at a low and react the same way towards anyone that acts rude or hostile towards a majority of members. so, pittyfully, you weren't the only one that has ever been kicked out for that reason. in your eyes i over reacted (and probably some on this board think so, too) but in my mind you overreacted by bringing it all onto this board.

Advertisement