Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breasts on day time tv on rte

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Anything Goes

[they should release all the episodes on DVD]

Yeah I think Five Star were doing a call in and ask the group a question thingy, and yer man just let rip, it was shocking at the time. Now, like Five Star, its just God damn funny. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

DMC wrote:
    MEIN EYES!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Dear God its some kind of horrible mind torture device!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I know it's not about the Movie Show, but does anyone remember that music show Dave Fanning did in the morning on one of the weekend days? 2TV or something. Well they were showing a new Boyzone video and Dave Fanning must have forgotten to turn off his mike or something, because he remarked something like "They're really crap, aren't they?" It was so funny!
    Also there was the time on the Den Zig and Zag were suspended for a week bceause one of them said "F*ck"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Lol Zig and Zag were suspended for swearing thats funny sh*t, only in RTE would that happen,,,,also Dave Fanning is a tool and should have lost his job several years ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Ah that Bibi one isnt terrible.. come on!

I seen breasts a few times on rte, those old medieval films is the best place to spot em :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

a google got me 765 hits
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=%2Bballs+%2B%22bibi+baskin%22&meta=

I always thought it was "balls deep in bibi baskin", that gets hits too.

Only tits I ever saw in the daytime were in re-runs of minder, they were in a strip club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I think my unforgettable radio moment (as listener) (aw god amnesia lane - probably 1994 or so) on the Gerry Ryan Show - where do want to be buried? - one caller - "Up to me bollix in Bibbi Baskin" :-)

I was listening to ray darcy and they were having some discussion about bouncy castles. Anyway one of the women that he has presenting with him said that they wanted to have a "romp" in the bouncy castle. The other woman presenter then told a story about asking her friend "Where was the most uncomfortable place she ever had sex" to which the answer was "Up the arse".

I almost crashed the feckin car....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

They once showed the 1971-Irish-UK-Spanish film of BLACK BEAUTY with Mark Lester off Oliver and Patrick Mower yer man Rodney in Emmerdale a year or two ago on the DEN/TRTE on saturday morning and kept in the word "bastard". They also showed the 1974 And Then There Were None/Ten Little Indians from the same producer, Harry Alan Towers, which had some blood and Richard Attenborough hanging himself.
    And The People That Time Forgot, with cavegirl Dana Gillespie's wonderful gazongas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Anyone remember this series that was on RTE 1 round about 1985/86 ish called Summer Lightning?I think it was a co production with Channel 4.Anyway it was a period drama set in Victorian times but the funny thing is there was some fierce frank use of language and very racy scenes in it and if I'm not mistaken it was shown in the early evening and one scene in particular sticks in my mind.There was an upper class gent type fella who was married and having it away with another woman.His wife was imploring him in this scene"F.....k ME" (As opposed to his fancy woman) and she said it several times too.

Edit:Heres a link about the series.It was a U Cert?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0168198/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mod
    Serious zombie thread but I'll leave it for now just for the bizarreness of it :pac:

Just please don't put any direct links to the offending material!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I remember a wartime program on RTE 1 when i got home from primary school. Wife of one of the officers was sitting up in bed in the nip. Mam walked in and luckily had a copybook to bury my head in. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    I remember it was around 1998-ish, during the summer. 10am some random morning. 15 year old me watchin d'telly. Some documentary thing about japanese culture is on net2. "Hmm.. this could be interesting. Technology, samurai etc.." methinks. So watching it for a few minutes. The program then decides to outline their bathing practices. It demonstrated with two young japanese women coming out, stripping off and soaping themselves up. It was apparently important to know that they clean and themselves before they get in the bath. Once this was emphasised the commentator just let them get on for a while soaping themselves up and rinsing off completely starkers, everything on show. I was lovin it obviously (15!).

In retrospect it was a little strange, the style and tone of the programme was akin to a nature documentary?! :confused:
    That reminds me of a documentary I saw on Network 2 in the late 80's when I was about 14.Not sure what the overall theme of the doc was but there was a bit about prostitution in Amsterdam and they showed this very attractive woman disrobing and getting into a jakkuzi with a baldy middle aged fella and for a few seconds you could see her full frontal everything.(thankfully baldy lad was already in the jakkuzi so we were spared him)They then interviewed her with her very large breasts prominently on display.The awful thing is that my Grandmother was with me watching it,I was torn between wanting to stare and squiriming in embarrasment.My Nan was totally taken aback as you can imagine as I dont think there was any sexual content up to this.

Can't remember what radio show it was in the 90's, could have been Gareth O Callaghan, but a guy came on air and requested a song because he was celebrating his first job- when asked what kind of Job he said " me first blow job"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Cirque Du Soleil, when they were very new and small-ish, down in Cork, may have been the late 80s, early 90s.

RTE 1, News at Six. Tea-time tits. Trapeze, Cartwheels and fun bags. The cameraman's panning was like a laser guided drone.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

RTE 1 showed Carry On England years ago, and obviously forgot to cut a scene, where the female soldiers suddenly sat up in bed, showing their breasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ITV3 had Up Pompeii on the other weekend in the afternoon, dunno if they edited it for the time slot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭cml387

If this is going to be tits on telly memories, then I submit as evidence a documentary the BBC made about Auguste Rodin. This would be back in the early 1970's.

Not much room for controversy there you might think. However the filmakers chose to illustrate the piece by showing numerous shots of young ladies disporting themselves in the altogether.

Also, around the same time ITV showed a documentary about Andy Warhol. Well flagged in advance was the fact that female bits would be on show, and needless to say the multichannel areas got ready to be outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Film4 have shown the Éric Rohmer film The Green Ray (Le Rayon vert) in the 11am slot a few times. The film has a 20min+ beach scene with tonnes of topless women, including one of the leads.
    Obviously there is nothing sexual about the nudity in that context, but it was still surprising to see on a freeview channel that early in the day.

There's a brief flash of Jane Seymour and Taryn Power's breasts in family adventure Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977); also in Clash of the Titans (1980) there's a nipple-visible breastfeeding and nude walk scene at the start, then a brief female bathing exit later. These films are often shown early on in the day and I'm pretty sure I've seen them both uncensored on terrestrial TV.

I wonder if any complaints were made? You'd want to be pretty repressed to think of complaining about any of those instances (though I wouldn't bet against it). The BBC only received four complaints for showing The Merchant of Venice (2004) at 2pm despite lots of bawdy toplessness. It's interesting to note that the film is Rated R in the USA but only PG here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Gamayun wrote: »
    Film4 have shown the Éric Rohmer film The Green Ray (Le Rayon vert) in the 11am slot a few times. The film has a 20min+ beach scene with tonnes of topless women, including one of the leads.
    Obviously there is nothing sexual about the nudity in that context, but it was still surprising to see on a freeview channel that early in the day.

There's a brief flash of Jane Seymour and Taryn Power's breasts in family adventure Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977); also in Clash of the Titans (1980) there's a nipple-visible breastfeeding and nude walk scene at the start, then a brief female bathing exit later. These films are often shown early on in the day and I'm pretty sure I've seen them both uncensored on terrestrial TV.

I wonder if any complaints were made? You'd want to be pretty repressed to think of complaining about any of those instances (though I wouldn't bet against it). The BBC only received four complaints for showing The Merchant of Venice (2004) at 2pm despite lots of bawdy toplessness. It's interesting to note that the film is Rated R in the USA but only PG here.

Ha that brings back memories of when Clash Of The Titans was shown on RTE 1 on an early slot some time in the late 80s.My 13/14 year old self was very taken with the scene towards the end where the female lead is being prepared for being sacrificed to the Kraken and shes with her handmaidens in her chamber.Theres a brief scene where shes getting into a robe in the buff and theres a full nude shot of her from behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

what about all the streakers that used to go running about whenever there was a major sporting event being televised. lots of football matches in the 70's used to have em, I remember a very pretty blonde streaking through a tennis court during Wimbledon and of course the infamous streaker during the Oscars in '74 when David Niven was due to present an award!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

A few months back RTE had a breast exam on that sign language programme that airs straight after the televised mass on sunday mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

Schwiiing wrote: »
    A few months back RTE had a breast exam on that sign language programme that airs straight after the televised mass on sunday mornings.

the ratings for that show would have gone through the roof if it was broadcast on rte 30 odd years ago when grumble magazines were outlawed by the catholic church and there was no tintynet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I remember on one of those RTE late 80s youth shows, probably Jo-Maxi, they showed a bit from a play put on by some Dublin youth group. The scene had two girls dancing to a George Michael song and a fella (maybe the boyfriend of one of them) pacing up and down moodily. The girls had an exchange that went "he'd make ya sick wouldn't he?". "Who, George Michael?". "No, him!". The angry young fella shouts at them and I distinctly remember him using the F word several times and one of the girls starts crying and telling him to stop.

My mother was appaled and switched off the tv at this point. I remember her asking is that the sort of rubbish they're showing children these days?

I remember circa 1988 or 89 a feature on Bunji Jumping in New Zealand on RTE 6 O Clock news. One of those quirky stories that they'd feature at the end. This very attractive girl was shown just about to jump and she says "I'm scared ****less". Not bleepd out surprisingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

The news archive is your friend: protest at the forty foot.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/collections/news/21346168-forty-foot-women-protest/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Sure I remember about 1990 when I was 10 seeing a programme on bbc2 about nudists
    Everyone was naked
    Its was on about 6 pm

I remember on Kenny Live circa 1989 they had a naked guy in the studio having a plaster cast made of his arse.

Also on Kenny Live roughly around the same time he interviewed an Australian talk show host who was apparently controversial back home. A montage of clips from his show were shown and it ended with a large middle aged black woman showing off her bare ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

I remember on Kenny Live circa 1989 they had a naked guy in the studio having a plaster cast made of his arse.

Also on Kenny Live roughly around the same time he interviewed an Australian talk show host who was apparently controversial back home. A montage of clips from his show were shown and it ended with a large middle aged black woman showing off her bare ass.

Don Lane?
    Graham Kennedy?

Don Lane?
    Graham Kennedy?

Cant say for sure. From what I recall the other clips from the show consisted of guests either fighting or swearing at each other, Jerry Springer type stuff only I think these people were Aussie celebrities or public figures, not that I would have been able to tell who any of them were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,721 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did the Late Late Show have topless fashion models on it. Or did I DREAM that, back wit Gay was host

Advertisement