Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Eleven 7 help

Options
  • 07-07-2004 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously i need help im getting beaten on level 3 , i have won a few games in masterleague but Fulham beat me 3 fekkin times and i hung on for dear life to get a draw in the last game.

Any tips ? I used to be good at this but find it really hard to hold onto the ball and cheatin haxoring bastard of a computer doesnt make it easy. That and my team are ****e barota is bloody awful, its hard to keep the ball nevermind score so i bought RVN and am now -10000 or somfin but how i make them better???

Help please :D

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

just a question , is the difuculty in WE7 , the same as Pro Evo ?

put on Burchet as a winger , not a forward , and get some crosses in to Nistelrooy(u could have bought better players ) . Burchet isnt good for anything but skinning players . Hopefully Nistelrooy should be able to pick up a few scraps here and there from crosses , and u should usually win games 1 to 2 nil with this tatic without a player like Nistelrooy .

Some short swift passing is always good and can lure defenders out of position .

always keep one eye on the radar , and if their(computers) defence pushes up fire a long ball , from anywhere if your in the first 3rd of the pitch .

If u get one on ones its always good to have an eye on the radar aswell , so u can see where the keeper is and if he's coming out .(practise some chipping and before long u should be pretty good at it , it dosent take long to master .

note: all this is from a PE3 perspective and I havent played the game for a while .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

WE7I is the patched version of PES3 for PC.
    I have a 4 3 3 thing going on to try whip in crosses but still spend most of the time chasing shadows ,needed 3 in mid to try stop other teams then the wide forwards are pacy so it works sometimes but still getting beaten.

If i play as brazil on 3 i usually win its just masterleague on 3 is really hard. I mid table 3 wins 3 draws 3 loss out of all the cups i think.

None of my players have an ounce of skill between them ,i got RVN for battling goals , seemes to work he my only scorer cept for one corner i stuck in.

kdjac

well its always a lot easier to win with Brazil on a setting than pretty much your starting masterleague side no matter what Pro Evo/WE ur playing .

I findn 3-5-2 to be the best tactic at the start as it keeps things nice and tight , and u nearly always get some good chances at the other end .

Viera is a legend in midfield , and I would recommend him as ur next signing playing (unless u want to buy some cheeper players that are decent )as a Defensive midfielder ( a Defensive midfield closer to the left if ur using the default tatics ) 4-3-3 is a bit Gun-Ho for ur starting team plus Nistelrooy .

If Nistelrooy is good in the air (I cant remember ) Burchet , should give him some good service .

Claudio Lopez and Lucio are good players relatively cheap .

Nistelrooy has good pace so as I said a ball over the top if their defence has pushed up or if there defence is very split between the full backs and centre backs .(especially good if theve 3 defenders and u have to cope with 5 midfielders , which can make going down the centre awkwards .

Keeping the ball is a matter of keeping ur patience , the opportunities will not come straight away to send in the 'killer' ball .A cross field ball to a full back or side midfielder could give u a lot of space , and then a quick ball from there to a winger could be very dangerous .

maybe u should sacrifice ur 4-4-3 for a 4-5-1 with 2 attacking midfielders close to the instead of wingers ,if all else fails

What setting is the norm for the long ball? I have it on 5 which means i control everythign about ,and it doesnt auto centre.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Going with 3 forwards is a bad idea, you need good balance in your team, say if you push 3 up front, then they will get man marked

Watch for the oppositions formation, its easy to score on 5* by just stretching them on the counter, have your striker(s) play with low def, A - counter attacking, dont run 4 tactics at once, learn how to switch them.

The key to master league is resting players, and adapting in game, say your right winger is rocking, play a lot of the ball down the left(attack left)

One-two's wont win you games anymore, try and have your attackers as far back as possible, but have them on full attack.

Hard to describe, but sometimes you have to grind out a result buy playing smart and not sexy football.

• Advertisement

Its not a 4 3 3 attack formation

Its more

!....!....!.....!
    .....!.......!
    ........!
    !...................!
    ........!

Those 2 wide forwards are right on the line and my 1st line of defence, they get forward when my carrier (lad behind striker) gets it he holds and then plays it left right or forward. But there job is wingers more so than forwards. Playing him there gets him the ball with enough time to turn and make a pass.

i always use a system like that for pro Evo cept when i get better i leave one in the middle in front of defence and add another striker, thats a long way off atm :(

kdjac

I play with 2 defenders(holding line),

----!---!----
    !
    -!--!---!---!-
    !
    ----!

!----

If that makes sense, no need for 4 defs, mix up the midfield four as you need to, have the 2 attacking midfielders sweeping left or right or both.

Yah will try your system later but dunno about losing fullbacks i have Stremer and some coloured lad there ,they quite fast and good in the air, win most balls for me. Will stick them in the wide midfield positions and set them to backtrack should cover me.

kdjac

I assume you have the Korean players as well, and some of the Japs too

Ahn and Cha Du Ri tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

play it on 5 stars it's better. but for hints etc go to here

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kensutz
    play it on 5 stars it's better. but for hints etc go to here

I will when Fulham stop thrashing me 3-1 :)

I registered there long time ago, felt safer posting here :)

kdjac

Well you're gonna suffer when Winning Eleven 8 hits the shelves in 4 weeks time. WE7:I Jap Edition is absolutely brilliant and better than pro evo 3 or we7.

WE7:I Jap Edition is absolutely brilliant and better than pro evo 3 or we7.

Thats what i have :D

Kdjac

on PS2?

PC version

Have PEs3 on PC too , WE7I is the patch :(

kdjac

WE7:I is either a Korean or American version. There is no jap version released of the game. Do you have the kit patches and updates by Wolf?

Yup and another patch but this a reinstall so atm its clean. Last time i installed Wolfs pacth it gave me a bilion pes points and unlocked everything kinda wanted to do that meself so not using it this time.
    And if you delete the option file some of the names go and weird things happen.
    kdjac

I done up an option file a while back based on wolfs, but added the current Irish squad, cant remember where it is, as i overwrote it when updating.

Wish i was at ESWC :(

We shud Lan with PES/WE sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

The korean version of WE:7I is a lot different than the pc version or i might be mistaken (in your version do the referee actaully call play back if there is no advantage?), i have the dvd of the korean version as have all the languages that are there (although the jap commentators get really excited about whats goin on - at least i think they are) but i got a patch of evo-web (x-final patch) and it updates everthing without giving you anything [i used my option file from we:7 to give me all that crap in the shop]

As to your original problem, my advice would be go to the transfer market and look for players that are out of contract/coming out of contract as that way you only have to pay their wages and nothing to the club [you should see make free transfer offer] This way you should be able to build up a strong enough squad to beat fulham :D
    Doing this i got a full squad of about decent-to-topclass player for the price of you would pay for the likes of rvn or henry etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

How I love PES :) Whats it like on PC anywho ? I dont have a controller for pc so wouldnt even bother.

• Advertisement

You need a good controller and once you have that its the best footie game ever, PES3 on PC was the same as the PS2 version and WE7I is PES3 and a bit (the bit being a patch) its superb i have it about 2 months and its still getting play only downside is no online play but Tv out and 2 wireless pads and 2 hammerhead FX game pads make it fun drinkie game :)

kdjac

Originally posted by Tusky
    How I love PES :) Whats it like on PC anywho ? I dont have a controller for pc so wouldnt even bother.

all u need is a usb controller adapter , which cost about 11 Euro (from play.com ) and then u can use your Playstation controller (assuming u have one )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

what is the address for the wolf patches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Originally posted by bazH
    Hard to describe, but sometimes you have to grind out a result buy playing smart and not sexy football.

couldnt have put it better myself

and it's great now to be able to play different versions on my ps2's hdd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

and it's great now to be able to play different versions on my ps2's hdd

come again?

yes you are now able to play games from the ps2 hdd. if i am allowed post it i will

xbox 200gb > ps2 40gb

• Advertisement

PS2 120 gig Maxtor HDD.

Advertisement